GT6 [SERIES - 22/07] HI TEC OILS SUPER GT300 SERIES

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jul 11, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oops, :oops: sorry I caused you to lose a place, it was a rush of blood, after you passed I got some sense and didn't resist anymore.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Just keep it as it is. With 6 out of 8 being penalised this round the difference in power between most wont be much anyway. You get plenty of draft anyway. So unless you fall out of draft you will still be able to make a pass going into T1 easily enough even if your down on power. Plus blindman needs all the help he can get to get that gorilla off his back.
    Kart-No-1 and Blindman like this.
  3. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Last night just tried different tyres at the spur of the moment and trying for a one stop But the RM fronts just couldn't last . Stopped on lap 14 I think full fuel tyres rm fronts and rs rear tried to conserve tyres and cruise to the end hoping the guys in front would stop again .but with about 15 mins left doogs went past and I seen him heading to the pits so I ditched the one stop and followed him in about 30car lengths behind no fuel front and rear RS and went after doogs 2nd lap on softs I think I did the fastest lap of the race and reeled in doogs to have a good battle to the line with doogs in front nose to tail as we crossed the line . So on to the next track hoping for a better result .
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    That's a very big gorilla
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Here's the penalties for the final round:
    Screenshot 2014-08-13 09.46.17.png
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    In Australian sports there are immortal words that everyone knows....... YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ..... My first pole and my first win in an organised event with ROOZ is in he cabinet. Wasn't sure if I would have the pace in this one as I was still carrying .5 and have put no time in at all for this weeks race and evil has had serious pace throughout the season but GVS is one of my best tracks so I had some level of confidence in a half decent showing.
    With the combined rooms for this round and starting off the front of the bronze pack meant I had the chance to follow the gold guys even if it was for only a lap or two but with anon having his supra reduced in bhp I was able to keep him in my sights for the entire first stint and in doing that was able to pick up lines and braking marks. So with my first stop done I saw emmo had not stopped by lap 12 and must have been attempting a 1 stop strategy so I put my head down and turned in a few quicker laps to try and catch him before he pitted which did at the end of the front straight going in to turn 1. after this I settled back into 54's to get to my 2nd stop. After my 2nd stop I decided while my tyre were fresh and fuel was light I would have a crack at getting into the 52's to try and get the FL. I later found out that this was a good idea as the 52'903 I did on lap 25 just eclipsed AOCleaner 53'080. So with a 52 on the board I settled back into 54's hitting the newly acquired marks...thanks anon and making sure I stayed on track.. So as I approached the final corner on the final lap I finally let myself think I have got this one and those immortal words of MW came to mind. Congratz to Emmo on your podium finish and to Evil Congratz on yet another great performance and all but wrapping up the bronze title with a round to run. Looking forward to the final round at Fuji but the 10 bhp penalty is going to hurt but that is next week...right now I am going to enjoy my first win....YES YES YES YES YES
    SuiCid3, Peter Wise, Blindman and 4 others like this.
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I was seriously bummed... On for my first win with about a 7-8 sec gap to MINT then started to run out of fuel... Started rolling into corners which allowed him to chop down the times and still had to pit last lap for fuel... :( and to top it off it gave full fuel without me picking it... :mad:

Had to fight Anon on the last lap for P2.. Well done MINT even being a cripple you are still fast mate :)
    Blindman, SuiCid3 and MINT_GTR like this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done to Mint, driving one-handed and with Auto must have been tough. Rotor didn't quite have the juice and his lead wasn't enough for the extra pit stop. Bad luck man. I scraped into third with the D/C to Smithy.

Got to say I am not looking forward to next week. This is not a whinge by the way, just hoping that we can work out a way that will stop me having another lonely race next week. I know there will be penalties handed out for the next round, but I doubt it will be enough to help the supra. 7kph speed difference at the end of the straight with a good exit?!?!? Both Emmo and I were over 1.5 seconds off the FL's of our competition, and another little issue I have is fuel use. I put in 58L in total and still ran out, and I noticed on the replay that I had to carry more fuel than the other 2 cars. And as for draft, well here is the supra at the end of draft train:

I know it'd be quicker without the penalty and if I had done some practice, but if there is going to be more than a second difference between me and the other 2 or 3 guys in the gold division, then I will be having a very lonely enduro next week. Anyway, have you guys run some laps yet? I would like to know what times you are setting. I will try and get some practice in and see where my laps times are to compare.

Again Vardz this is not a whinge, but with so few numbers in the gold room, I will drop off the pack by lap 2 and spend the enduro watching the clock, hoping for d/c's and crashes?!?!
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  9. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I wasn't going to race at all but after doing some practice laps in auto I just figured I would have a crack until my left arm dropped off. The first half of the race was awesome fun with myself and rotor split by just a couple of seconds. Things changed when I went for a longer 2nd stint though and I came out 8odd seconds behind after the final stop. Fortunately, i was continuously improving at this one handed driving and my pace was only getting quicker to the flag. Coming up to a couple of laps to the hour and I realised it's going to go 1 more lap than expected and with the rotor just ahead I was expecting a climax final lap....but no......rotor devastatingly had to pit for fuel (you are taking up maths lessons so this doesn't happen again :p) and I rolled around for a bridesmaid win and a seriously sore left arm.

Bad luck rotor, I really felt for you, I know you will make amends next week. Hopefully your boat is a bit quicker next week too Anon and what happened to you fastboy?? Was about to enjoy a battle with you then POOF!!! Gone :(

Not sure how my left arm is going to go with a 90min enduro but I will be there next week to enjoy the finale to another great series at ROOZ :)
    SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  10. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well done vardz !
    SuiCid3 and VARDZ like this.
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Mint what's going on at your race headquarters sore arm , improving doing it one handed climaxing , poof ,are you racing our doing something else '!!!!!!!!!!! Lol .
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well I didn't really have the pace to be outright fastest, so it was all going to be able tyre management and consistency.

Got a reasonable launch, but got swamped into turn 1, and ended up in last spot going up the hill as I watched all the BRZ's drive off into the distance! lol

Lap 2 I caught up and passed Gary, but then I spun on the exit of the s's leading up to the back straight. This left me fair and square in last place and some distance off the main pack. So just put my head down and focused on just trying to be consistent. I was planning to 3 stop (after seeing my wear from my limited practice), but when slambo pit my tyres were okay and my times ok ish, so I decided to change to a 2 stopper as had nothing to lose.

Was a fairly lonely race, I seem to catch people on old tyres after I'd pit and passed pretty quickly. I got next to no slipstream throughout the race, but without traffic made it easier to keep my tyres nice. All in all I was very surprised I ended up 3rd after my horrid start.
  13. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Ok guys what r good lap times for Fuji got a best of 1:36.9 in a short practice last night, will probly be a 4 stopper for me
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

:eek: i'm in the 38's
  15. Slambobagan

That was my fastest time on my 2nd stint with half a tank, high 37s low 38s was my average with full tank. How's the tyre life on the rx7 I was in the 1:40s after 10 laps
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Haven't been on the PS3 pretty much all week - busy at work.
    Hoping to get on tonight for some practice (in the MX5 and the GT300)
  17. Slambobagan

Anyone practicing tonight?
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Depends on the kids, if they sleep on time I might run some practice laps
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Are we running on GT or F?
  20. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hi guys,
    At this stage I don't think I'll be available for the race tomorrow night.
    My Wife's cousin is over from the UK and is coming for dinner so I wont be available to race.

If plans change or he decides to leave early then I'll jump on, but that's not likely.
    Sorry guys...