FINAL car poll season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Yep. However, you can paint it whatever daft colour you like. Sometimes folks organise separate mid-week series which may involve different cars though.
  2. barfNZ

barfNZ New Recruit

what about tuning? do we have freedom with the vehicle setup or is it restricted for some reason?
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Tuning prohibited. The Sunday series is all about a level playing field. The mid-week series which pop up often involve tuning. Check here and here for what is currently in the works and what has been done before.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Bog stock mate, this is so everyone is the same car same tune, you can change rims, and paint.

There are tuner series through out the season during mid-week etc, no one is running one at the moment, feel free to set up your own series with a range of cars and tuning ;)
  5. barfNZ

barfNZ New Recruit

sorry i didn't realise this was an entry-level event.

prohibiting tuning disadvantages experienced racers and gives an advantage to people who probably can't even change a tyre. i enter races to win, not share my sandwiches in the pits.

anyway, enjoy the season everyone.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Before you throw the towel in mate, there are plenty of fast, experienced drivers here, who just dont like tuning. The racing is still very competitive, but as Stu said on the previous page (post 49, point 4), which I agree with, if you get beaten, you know it was cause the other guy was a better driver on the day, not a better tuner.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

"entry level event", are you serious?

Am pretty sure that with tuning or not there are a few of the guys that would give you a pretty good run for your money in div 1.

If you withdraw i guess you will ever know ;)
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    BarF. In my experience, especially in Div 1 nearly all entrants are there to win and are high calibre drivers - nothing 'entry-level' about it - in fact it brings in more competition by making it accessible to those with greater time restraints.

With tuning prohibited you know the guy in front is there because he's the best driver (not tuner). So really it disavantages or advantages no-one, providing an equal playing field. In fact, it prevents some people from getting (what could be considered an unfair) advantage through exploiting unrealisitic and extreme GT5 tuning anomolies.

There are plenty of guys here who will stand up to a challenge from the best of them, just depends on whether you still feel you can bring the goods without tuning, and I would recommend you give it a shot before chucking in the towel.

If it's more a case of 'loosing interest' without tuning, there are typically tuner series run by members during the week. Feel free to start up your own in the GT5 section. See our GT5 Community Hall of Fame for a list of example mid-week series and events, most with links to the series thread, and most with tuning allowed. You'll find a few more examples of more casual events that haven't been added to the HoF under the GT5 section.
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @ barfNZ, by prohibiting tuning it becomes all about the driver and not about the person that spends hours tuning. You will find all the guys in div1 are experienced racers and from my experience the guys up front in the Sunday league are up the front in the tuning series as well . You will also find that the races are a lot tighter when everyone is on a level playing field and knowing you have beaten someone with the same equipment is much more rewarding. I used to tune everything and when I started racing here I wanted to be able to tune my car for the Sunday series but soon realized that some of the best racing is done without tuning. I would recommend atleast giving it a go before stepping away.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

+1 what koasta said about getting an unfair "advantage through exploiting unrealisitic and extreme GT5 tuning anomolies". im not sure how many of these problems PD has patched, but some of them were completely unfair, im pretty sure they patched something with the ride height at least.
    i dont understand why some people try to knock the no-tuning thing without trying it. it creates a much more levels playing field which is what we're after and all about.
  11. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Let him go guys, in my experience in trying to keep someone like this is more trouble than it is worth, these are the types of guys that are the most un-sporting and cry the hardest when they don't win ;)
  12. qik666turbo

qik666turbo Rookie

So we goin the rx7 are we I'm keen to bye my car
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

well since the poll will be closed tonight, the RX-7 is looking almost definite now.
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I know he probably wont read this, but I just gotta say, that has to be one of the most condescending things i have ever read.

Tuning prohibited actually gives an advantage to those who can DRIVE a car.

Funnily enough there are plenty of tuning experts out there that once you put them in a racing situation, find it all so very different and challenging to master. Then there is the special breed of driver (like most of Div 1 guys) who can both tune and drive. lucky buggers. :p :lol:

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe BarfNZ is a bit scared of the competition in Div 1???
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, poll closed as promised,

RX7 it is for season 10 !!

Pick your color, post it on your divisional thread, then run it it.

Keep an eye out for the tire regs in the next few days to go with the track list

Cheers
    Stu
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I thought we had already selected Sports Medium.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah Miki, but we were going to run with sports soft for the sprint round.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.