FINAL car poll season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ok, that was just my opinion as well lol.
    if you think i am that confident of 1st place in the mazda, then just wait till the first race comes along. i dont for one second think i can regularly beat warrior, i still think E is our fastest guy, but lacks consistency (but wait till the season starts).
    and yes, we regularly have rooms with people from multiple divisions.

the whole series isn't meant to have tuning, as that just adds a whole element and is unfair to people that may have more practice time compared to those that don't. i admit, i frankly wouldn't be bothered with tuning, especially if someone finds some random glitch setup that is magically half a second faster, not sure if they've patched all those things.
  2. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

but not racing which really at the end of the day apart from a bit of fun is why your doing GT5 rather than something else like BF3, COD2 etc etc etc, because whilst we'd like to be doing the real thing we can't afford it, however what I'm suggesting is structured similar to the real thing compared to how it's setup at the mo.
    There is miles of difference between your & my skill on the track & you want to drive exactly the same car as I'm driving in div 4?
    I've heard that before, three quick ways I can answer that
    1. Those that make the time prosper
    2. Those that unfortunatly find it impossibe to find any other time are down with me in div 4, better than bugger all.
    3. Those that do have the spare time for practice but rather choose to do other things, need I say more

E.g. Right now instead of practicing on GT5 I'm iracing = div 4, everyone has excuses but in the end You only benifit & get out what you put in
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

implying the nissan is some kind of weapon of a car to drive?
    in our practice room last night (with all divisions included), the mazda handled better if anything than the nissan, the nissan pulled away a little bit but wasn't at all pulling a huge lead, we still kept up with it.
  4. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Cool now ramp it up to 650pp (rx7 or 350z) and try it out at against some real div 1 competition without any rookies in the way and let me know what you think, cause I'm curious as hell now.
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @ Col, It might be a good idea to complete a season and see how it all works before you try to reinvent the wheel ;). The league is about to start it's 10th season so I think the format works quite well. Once the season starts you will find a lot of 5-20 lap races happening in the practice rooms on that weeks track so you will get to have some good races with racers from all divs.
    As a div 1 driver I find that no matter what car we drive we will find it challenging because of the competition from the other drivers and from past experience the slower cars result in tighter packs of cars and better racing (s8).
    Have faith this season is gong to be a cracker :)
  6. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

I understand what your saying but I'm not trying to reinvent anything, if you go back to my orig post Yesterday 8:07 pm I was putting the idea out there as a suggestion to be included in the vote. Only been 12hrs so only 3 people have commented so far
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I shall make it 4 then...

The idea/concept as such is OK, but not for this league. The Sunday league here has prospered on the basis of simplicity. One car for all, no tuning. We used cars from the recommended garage until we got the tuning prohibited option in the race rooms. As Cyber said, the best challenge is the competition, not the car you are in. The seasons I have enjoyed most are the ones in the 'tame' cars where you concentrate more on the opposition than keeping the car on the road (anyone remember my frustration in the ZR1 RM season?).

The no tuning option evens out the field a little for those who can't practice much. Those who do, prosper, but not as much as they would if hours of tuning was involved. Also, the practice rooms filled with folks from all divisions is one of the best parts of this site. The banter is generally good, and the slower guys can get tips etc from the faster guys.
  8. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thats right Barra thats how i learnt
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys....good to see a bit of discussion on the season and regs.

Lets just make sure we keep it calm and reasonable. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, or express their ideas.

Col, the season is set up the way it is for a number of reasons.

1. When the league first started to race we only had a limited number of cars to use from the recommended garage. So, in the interest of an 'easier' set up for the mods it has been the case ever since that the same cars are used for all divisions.

2. Using the same car for the divisions makes it easier for us to asses where everyone is in relation to each other. That in turn helps us to organise the following season with the level of drivers for the divs. At the end of the season the top driver goes up, possibly 2, and the bottom drivers in each division are moved if needed based on new entries.

3. Using different cars for the different divisions sounds good in theory, but the reality is that it would take a hell of a lot more time to set up if we were to do that. With the current 1 car series, we test the tracks to get it to suit the car, and doing it for 4 divisions, to be honest, would be too much of a chore.

4. Non tune is for exactly what Barra said in his previous post. We want the series to be accessible to as many people as possible, and we want those people to be be as competitive as possible, 'WITHOUT" the need for hours of tuning to find half a second a lap. For ME, that is the attraction to plug and play gaming. Tune series dont interest me, i get frustrated not knowing if its me, or the tune some bloke has that makes him much faster.......or slower. In any tune series i have been in i generally dont tune my car anyway.......

5. The community we have is quite social, and has been an outlet for drivers of all divisions to mix together and race. The Div 1 drivers dont seem to mind being on track with the lower div drivers, and i know the lower div guys generally like to try to keep up with the fast guys.

At the end of the day, it is about what the majority wants in their racing, what works well in terms of the majority of drivers and what is easiest or the least time consuming for us who spend our time setting it up.

All that said, anybodys comments / suggestions are welcome in the interest of debate, and keeping the wheels moving.

Stu
  10. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Thanks Stu, Very well said ;)
  11. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    Stu is right because as i said i enjoy trying to chase the other better drivers and practice is made easy because we all run the same cars which meens the only advantage is the skills they have with there driving and they kindley help acheive better and to be honest with you i would not have it any other way Col
  12. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    may i put my 2cents in?

forget the fanfare and flapping of arms ....i don't care - let's get this racing started!!!!! :)

at the end of the day, if you can tell that 3 or 4 people in div 4 are winning by a large margin, fastest laps and completed race times, much quicker than div 3 = you can easily tell because we all use the same car across all divisions.

this makes existing drivers to the league noticed for their skill level and the appropriate divison for the next league.

new league-goers qualify (like me) for a time and are compared against the existing leaguer's. this is what makes each division sporting close racing with similar skill.

if you have all divisions using different cars, you can really only tell their skill against others within their own division.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I joined a race late on Monday night and didn't realise the car of choice for everyone else was the RX7, I was armed with the 370Z and it proved to be a much quicker car then the RX7. I don't mind which of those two cars are chosen. I would have loved the C63 but that appeared to get dismissed pretty quicky, maybe in the future?
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, this car poll is going to be closed tomorrow.

Please vote if you havent already.

Remember that there are 3 drivers who have requested their vote be changed from the nissan to the mazda, and 1 who has swapped the other way.

That means Currently (10/1/13) mazda its the mazda in front 12 votes to 8. (with the others not close to winning)

Will be closed tomorrow night at approx 8 pm, so get crackin !!
  15. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    C63 is my pick too, not getting much love tho.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    My vote goes to the RX7, i've tried to vote but it keeps saying 'the answer has the wrong format' .
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    really cyber.........no idea why.
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Just colour the circle in with a black or blue pen cyber. No ticks or crosses, and no red pen, cause the system wont recognise it
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    lol, thats gold barra
  20. barfNZ

barfNZ New Recruit

sorry this is probably a daft question, but do we all have to race the same car?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.