FINAL car poll season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not sure what happened to that post beannie, got me stuffed.

Weather would be good for a change, will certainly look at it if we can get it right.

I remember doing the nord enduro in season 4 or 5 with the weather on.

Cyber might be able to look at it, or anyone can, if we use a track with that option.
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Has there been a full wet race since season 2?
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No a full wet from what I remember.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    After testing with Cyber and Beanie today I would like to change my vote to the RX7 as well, I may have been a bit hasty in my initial vote ;)
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries Clevo.
  6. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Tried to come in thr with ya Clevo, seen the light next to ur name but had nothing next to the coffee cup, tried messaging to find out what to do but not even sure I did that rite, got fed up & went back to iracin, least thats simple with easy mouse/keyboard contols & interface, I feel old (shutup stu)
  7. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    was there a coffee cup next to my name - i think you can still join if i do???
  8. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Thoses that were in thr on the friends list thingy, incl u, had nothing next to the cup?
    In case I was doin sumthn wrong I also checked in the ?lobby and couldn't c any of ya
    Anyway... I'll work it out one day, as said to stu, too many hits to the head in league, cones, getn smashed etc when young is all catching up to me, now I'm payn 4 it as a slow learner
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    yeah mate I had jumped out was giving my B-Spec boys a run, and didn't see you messages until tonight sorry mate :/
  10. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    me too change to rx7
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

so thats 3 changed to RX-7 (butters, clevo and colin), just keeping count
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ooooohhh, 350z was killing it last I looked, now it's starting to smell a bit like a Wankel!!!
  13. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm gunna have to jump on ASAP after all the changes that have been made since I was last on. Probably a few updates too.....
    I'm not bothered with the car choice, I used to race the Nissan back in my ITR days. And the RX7 is the learner drifters weapon of choice.
  14. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i wanna change my vote to the 350z its just more of a challenge to drive over the RX7
  15. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    since the other 2 are probably out of the vote now and it's between the rx7 and 350z, why not a new vote for just these two cars and rather than keeping track of who's swapping for what, we can just revote a new poll?
  16. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

+1 At risk of persecution for agreeing with E I def recon you div 1 & 2 guys need, should be more challenged than whatever div 3 & 4 are in

+1 but seperate votes for each division or as above one for div 1&2, another for 3&4

You could also add this into the vote;
    I previously suggested the following; (aparently too late for this season? perhaps something to concider for season 11)
    Suggestion Re: Divs, just like real racing the real fast/clean guys (Div 1) get the top class V8's, Div 2 Fujitsu down to the L platers (me) get the corolla
    Div 1 = 600 to 650 PP
    Div 2 = 550 to 600 PP
    Div 3 = 500 to 550 PP
    Div 4 = 450 to 500 PP

Example - Div # this is your car for the season your all in the same, you can do whatever available mods etc you like to it but the max restricted PP setting allowed for it is ### & blah blah blah
    Also, Promotions/Demotions for 1st & last place each week, i.e. last place of div 1 drops back to div 2, div 2 1st place gets promoted to div 1 etc, make both front & back of pack have something to think about, perform for.
    You could also add in different weather conditions, tyre wear, difficulties etc for each division

Something to think about............
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

well tbh, i found the rx-7 harder to drive and the nissan very boring (or at least more challenging?)
    its not a matter of being more challenged than the lower divs, the faster guys will inevitably find the time to be faster.
    same happened with the the toyota 86 concept, it was still fun to drive and the racing was very close.
    plus, i dunno but each div using different cars i think would be weird. its meant to be a community kind of thing and if we have different people using different cars each time we're in a room together, it wouldn't work as well, imo.
    add to that, it makes everything much more complex in terms of tires, cars, # of laps and probably even the type of track as well. and promotions each week would ruin the league ladder entirely?

don't mean to make this sound like i'm shooting you down lol, just my opinion.
  18. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Zamps I'm quetioning your rational after seeing you win all those races last week, perhaps you fear the challenge may risk 1st place?
    As said - "Div 1 = 600 to 650 PP, your all in the same, you can do whatever available mods etc you like to it but the max restricted PP setting allowed for it is 650pp & blah blah blah"
    Are you saying the 350z would be "boring" tuned upto 650pp or it would be to "complex" for you to fiqure out how to be competitive against E? Can the RX7 be tuned to 650pp? All I'm trying to get accross is all us big boys are doing this because we can't afford "the real thing" but lets make it as real as possible.

As for you (div 1) & me (div 4) being in the same room together we wont be for our s10 races however if we (all divs) are just in a "community" room together some night havin a muck arround we won't be in our full race setups, or are you suggesting all div's are in a room together practicing? if so why would you want a div 4 in your way when practicing for a div 1 race? That would be like V8 & Fujitsu series sharing the track, good for me but not you.

I don't understand why div 4 would affect div 1 ladder. As far as I'm aware each div has its own captain/organiser (whatever their called), Clevo being mine in div 4 & I'm confident he can prob work out any minnor issues.

As said earlier this is just "Something to think about..", Sim racing is all new to me and my perception of how it all works maybe completly different to reality, I'm simply sharing my thoughts through the eye's of a noob, something perhaps most of you are long past and have forgoten what it's like. In the end I really don't care eitherway about car, track, 1st or last place etc right now as long as its fun without any bull:):):):), intimidation, putting others down or sharing a negative opinion of another because they don't behave the way you or another thinks they should even though its within the rules....I'm starting to rant, guys you should have learnt in primary school, the way you percive someone may not be the way others do, let people work others out for themselves, end rant
  19. greendog

greendog Rookie

I can c ur point col about the different cars in different div's but I am in div 4 and I would like the same car as the div 1guy's. And as for all being in the same room it is ran as a practice session and most ppl are there for fun and there is always a mix of div's in prac rooms and I think its good cause u can c what times all the other guys are doing and give u some thing to work too, and as for being in the way u can just get off the race line and let them pass u most of the guys are cool with slower drivers being on track. If u start adding in different cars and changing things for each dig it makes all the mod's jobs harder too
  20. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

That was my point with "good for me but not you"

which in turn interfers your practice concentration and lap time

lol most hey? so not everyone which is completley understandable, I wouldnt want someone 10sec a lap slower than me in the way.

Yea well I don't understand or have knowledge of that bit yet but from where I sit right now it's just a kids car racing game on my blueray player (PS3) so it can't be that hard
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.