FINAL car poll season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys...

Final poll for the car to be used in season 10.

Pick your weapon of choice, will close poll at the end of NEXT WEEK, 11th January.

Tyre choice will be finalized when the car is decided. Would think it will be SH or SM with the wear rate to suit either a 1 stop or no stop if you look after the rubber.

Tracks will also be finalized when the car is determined.

Cheers
    Stu

EDIT, butters has requested his vote be changed from the 350Z to the RX7. (4/1/13)
    As has Clevo, Colin.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    This is going to be a tough choice.

I have to yet drive the Merc and an untuned RX7, but I didn't mind either the Nissan or the BMW. Even just out of those two I can't really pick a clear standout - I like the agility and turnability of the Nissan, whereas the BMW has a bit more grunt and requires a little more finesse. From reports, the Merc is the same but turned up a couple of notches.

Oh well, time to get too it I suppose.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Make sure you try the RX7 disturboed, it blew me out how good it was to drive......

Hard choice, but all are good cars, IMO the Merc is the most manic, but a few of the guys like it !!
  4. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    after having a go at all, my choice is the RX7 - some good racing to be had with this, 2nd choice 350Z
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

6. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

As a div 4 noob the mazda's enuf for me at the mo, prob a bit borring & slow for div 1 tho

But eitherway I'm not fussed, 1st or last as long as we have a few laughs & not take it overly serrious whateva, just gotta get that verbal chat crap with our mics playing up, too quite, too loud, working when it feels like it etc sorted out
  7. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Col, we run the Sunday Season races with mics disabled. With big grids, adding voice can make the crappy PSN a bit unstable.
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

after much tossing up, i finally went with the mazde
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I went the same Zamps, was torn between that and the 350 but the mazda turns in sooooo much better, brakes better and generally feels more nimble, which i think makes for better racing.....

Might do a race run tonight in the mazda, SM tires with wear and fuel on fast just to see how it goes.....will do the burger ring again ......24 laps.....about !!
  10. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    keen to see fuel and tyre wear on fast with the rx7.

i like the idea of at least 1 pitstop during a race, with a soft and hard compound compulsory - much like f1. Qualify on your choice of compound, then must start race on that compound, but must make a minimum 1 pitstop for the other compound.

sometimes a 2nd pitstop can really push strategies around, and makes for an interesting finish.

would love it, if this is the way it goes in the season races

btw - are their any wet races for the league, like 50/50 change weather options? that'd be pretty cool too
  11. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    YES! I would vote for a weather change race, that'd be the ultimate!

Last season was Race Hard compulsory, with option to run Race Soft if required with wear on fast.
    It's a great idea however, (and I don't really know all the issues we had with it) you end up with smart people figuring out that if you start on hards, do 1 lap then switch out for softs for the rest of the race, that it is the winning strategy.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

@beanie yeah we did the two compound thing last season, but a lot of people found the racing wasn't as close (me included), especially when the fuel ****ed us over quite a lot. for simplicity, one compound is good and has worked well. (we did two compounds with the camaro RM but that worked a lot better for some reason, probably due to the earlier updates for GT5).
    and i think they did a weather race a while back before i joined and were thinking about it during the Camaro RM season but eventually decided against it.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Camaro RM series they didn't change the way tyres degrade and there wasn't a rate of consumption system in place like there is now :) the main easy it was :):):):)e last series was due to two changes once the season was underway which was out of our control. And, as has been said, there was the ability to do one lap on 1 tyre and the rest of the race the other which takes the "strategy" aspect out of it.

In saying that, I prefer the single compound system but that is personal preference as I see it as adding more strategy than 2. I am sure there are others here who prefer the 2 option system.

Looking at the poll, it appears I will have to run-in 2 cars ATM being so close. The 350 has the edge right now but it could change at anytime.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Put that can of worms away beannie !!!!!!

Last season we got well and truly bent over by the tire model changing twice, before round 1 and just after round 1.

we were running the racing hard and soft, which was fine untill they changed the model on us !! turned the season into a bit of a :):):):) fight !!

that said, the tire poll i ran early for season 10 suggested either a tire to last 85% race distance, or the 2 tire model, so pretty keen to test the wear on fast and see how it holds up.....
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

With a can of worms that large, maybe we should go fishing comp instead of a racing comp :p
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    oh, sorry lol.

maybe just one tyre model, with wear on fast to at least complete a single pitstop, possibly pushing into 2.

maybe the enduro and have a change weather option???
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    LOL, dont apologize mate.....its all good.

As i say, its worked in the past, but this season we will "probably" just run 1 tire.

The weather model was changed as well i think, so the random option doesnt work like it used to. In the past when we ran weather, we ran it on "random" and the rain would come and go, or do what it wanted. Now i think when it starts raining, it just gets progressively heavier till the end of the race. (from what i remember)..........

I ran 27 laps last night (RX7) on the mini burger ring, with SM and wear on fast. Finished the race with 1/3 tire left and 1/4 tank. Times had dropped away by about 4 secs per lap by the end. might be the best option, different tracks will give different wear rates as well, just to keep things interesting !

Will catch you guys again on track next week, am away for the weekend.
  18. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    I'd like to change my car vote if I could please. I got a little over excited and voted for 350z, then after doing a full race distance in it realized how much of an under steering pig it was.
    I would like to vote for RX7, it just feels neutral around the whole track. While it isn't very quick, I think this would make for awesome racing.

Edit: Also, the 350z kinda feels like a boat. Now, I drive a HSV boat every day to and from work. The last thing I want to do is drive a virtual boat on Sunday nights. :)
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries butters.
  20. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    my previous post got deleted (this is the 2nd time in 2 days??) - or didn't actually get posted for some reasons.

what about a change weather for the enduro race? stu - the weather does/can change from dry to wet to dry again, found this out on a race in the past few weeks before i joined here... it quite cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.