Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    My race was a non event. I put enough prac into it to feel confident of a good run, but everything pretty much went out the window bar my 3 pit stop approach...and even then I was close to switching that up on the fly.

Qualy was a non event, just couldn't smash out a good run at all. On the starting line in 5th position I kept an open mind but already knew it was going to be a tough race...it was obvious everyone had put in some good prac and the pace was good.

Lights turned green and it appeared a couple of guys had a poor start, so by the end of the first straight I had enough speed to jump, I believe a couple of positions, putting me into 3rd. I lasted a few laps, maybe 3, till eventually exiting the second corner going into third I hit the ripple strip and spun out. Thankfully i went invisible so as to not hold anyone else back and there begun my run from the rear in 6th place.

The gap wasn't too bad, but with a 3 stop pit strategy in mind, I was in quite the precarious position. I did want to switch to a 2 stop approach but it was too late, I had pushed too hard to reduce the gap so I needed a 3 stop approach. So in I went while everyone else drove off into the sunset, the end. Back on track my pace wasn't completely off the pace and the extra grip probably was to my advantage. Eventually I could see different poeple pitting and somehow I eventually came out in front of VARDZ (I believe) and with a slight gap. Problem...my second pit stop is coming up. So with VARDZ in all likelyhood catching me anyway, I duck off into the pits and yet again resume 6th position. By now it had most likely already started but multiple times I kept hitting walls and getting damage. Way too often. In the mix somewhere I did get past Copper as he was leaving pits but the gap was very small and there was no need for me to pit for him to get past, like a hot knife through butter and my heart...I resumed 6th position.

I pitted for the last time and made a foolish mistake. If I erred to the conservative side, I'd have stuck 30 litres into the tank. Nup. Not today, not now, I'm taking a chance. I stuck 20 litres in the tank. Maybe there was some lead in my wine, cause that :):):):) is crazy! With a lap and a half to go I was out of fuel. Never being in that situation I actually hadn't a clue how it worked, would the car die eventually or keep going, could I pit and refuel, well as i drove through pits I got my answer...and as the timer counted down...I was probably a half lap from the finish line when the game was up.

Big thumbs up to the podium and eveyone really, set a cracking good pace throughout :)
    Peter Wise likes this.
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Bad luck Castro, just a heads up, GT6 refuels cars a lot quicker than before, you can stick 30 litres in without adding time to your pit stop as that's how long it takes to change your tyres.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys. Regs for the enduro this sunday.

LAPS WILL BE 41 (accounting for a few extra pit stops)
    WEAR : FAST
    QUAL: Must use RACE SOFT
    RACE: 1st stint MUST be race soft, then you must do AT LEAST 1 stint on the RACE MEDIUM during the race.

This means you can run the medium all the way to the end IF YOU WANT, or you might opt to run 3 stints on the soft tire and just 1 on the medium. ITS UP TO YOU so long as you run both compounds at some stage.

After testing, its clear that you can get between 7 - 10 laps from the soft tire, where as on the mediums you will run out of fuel before the tires die. (11 laps from a tank i reckon). Using the fast wear setting definitely brings more strategy into it, which is why we have decided to go this way.

IF you are a tire eater i would suggest using the Medium from after the first pit stop till the end of the race. This way you should be able to get through on 3 stops, if you use the soft tire more than once you "might" have to stop 4 times, but it would be a close thing given the 2-3 second lap time difference.

Any questions fire them at us.

Thanks for your support this season guys. Has definitely been a challenge with PD throwing changes at us, reasonable numbers, the loss of a good mate, a beast of a car and a tough track list. The mod team have done a great job keeping the ball rolling behind the scenes so thanks to them as well.

The next season should be a walk in the park, get your entries in !

Cheers
    MOD TEAM
    Peter Wise likes this.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @JAKO155 @Ad2mny Jako go to the ROOZ news thread and let Jamie know which of the 2 Chequered Flag photos you like...I put 2 on so you could choose
    JAKO155 likes this.
  5. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Vardz I tried looking for them but couldn't find them. Can u send to me in inbox?
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Only people in convo can look VARDZ. That way it's a surprise when we post.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Btw I didn't know we could tag lol
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    me either
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So boys going to very interesting with the differing strategies tonight guys on RS and RM going to be fun I think. anyone think more than 3 stops???
  12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I have done bugger all practice. Just have to wing it tonite and see what happens. I was thinking a 3 stopper though
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I think 3 would be optimum for me... I'm too slow on this track to even consider a 4 stopper.... But will need to see how the race pans out. If I'm already being lapped I may just go an extra stop
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a quick one, Be aware that if you go into the pits too fast with the accelerator flat to the floor you may not get the option screen to change tires. There is a line across the road that you will need to coast across and the option box will be shown. Make sure you test it out in practice so you understand how to attack it.

Remember, Race soft tire in qual and first stint, you must run at least 1 stint on the medium tire after that.

Cheers Stu
    Peter Wise and VARDZ like this.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @JAKO155 can you host tonight?
    Or anyone else?
    I won't be back home until about 8ish, so will be cutting it pretty close.
  16. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Will do @SuiCid3 will be on bout 7:30
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Same, started some prac but never quite got there. Just said goodbye to some nephews and neices who stopped in...got a crazy migraine (I wonder why lol) so I'm winging it. No idea about pit stops tbh. Will just have at it and see how far I get in the softs on a tank and go from there. I will say that in the lil prac I did I didn't feel all too confident. I'm not sure how this track compares in length to others, but my intial feeling is - too many corners to learn lol. There's a few where I'm heaps jerky with the throttle/brake.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Room up yet?
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    upload_2014-6-30_16-19-8.png

For some reason the replay doesn't show me what pitstops you guys put on RM's so I'm going by your tyre wear. Let me know if I got it wrong as some of you were pretty easy on the tyres and I couldn't tell :)
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014