Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I just completed a 29 lap practice around Tokyo lapping consistently in the 35's with a couple of 33's in there. I did a 1 stop strategy pitting on lap 15. I think my front left tyre was down to 3 and front right was on 6. I think I probably should have pitted earlier as I was losing to much grip and I was struggling to get the macca to turn in. Might try again later on a 2 stopper and see how that goes. I did manage to squeeze 16 laps out of a tank.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I did the same last night.
    Pitted lap 15 but my front left was down to 1 halfway through the previous lap.
    2nd stint I was running more conservatively and was lapping in the 35's as well and front left was down to 3 by the last lap.
    I personally don't think a one stopper will work for me so need to come up with another game plan.

Tokyo is more about tyre conservation than fuel IMO.
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Yea I agree Sui, That front left wears real quick and you lose to much grip and the bloody thing just wont turn in :mad:.
    I've got an RDO friday so im gonna try a 2 stopper and see how that goes
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Racing Softs is mandatory for the race people :)
    CastrosfriendChe likes this.
  5. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Softs ahhh been using mediums.
    Quick question, is it possible to set how fast fuel burns in single player time trial/race? Or do I have to access online to set up or join someone who has utilised this feature? I know I know, one should be practicing online. Still, I gots ta know!
    I guess I'll have a practice with 1 stop pit but the above tyre wear figures don't sound encouraging to me.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Can't be done offline to my knowledge. Would be safer to test using the online physics anyway, which seem to be a little different to offline. Next time you enter a test session with some higher div drivers/moderators, save the room settings, then you can load them up when you need to.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    will do.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I notice in DRZ's table that BJ has been awarded for 7th place, Is that OK with the mods because if it is I will update my table accordingly.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I read somewhere that BJ would be awarded the final placing at the remaining races.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Excellent:)
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    There is a 600MB update!
    Once again, please make sure you have this downloaded and installed prior to Sunday's race!

In addition to the update, there have also been changes to the default settings of the car, which if you leave as is, won't allow you to enter the track.
    Make sure you reset the suspension settings to default. Go to Car Settings > Suspension > Suspension Kit > Reset to Default.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Did 60 odd laps online today and its definately a 2 stopper for me. Anything after 10 laps for me was like an ice skating rink. Still need to find more time though. Was lapping low 34's consistantly with a few 33's in there. Cant quite get the second sector right :(. Also got a couple of high 32's:) so was happy about that.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    How fast you hitting that last left hander down the hill?
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    How fast?
  15. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Not sure ad, I was to busy concentrating on not hitting the wall
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Lol. I found the same so I kept going slower (about 65). Then I braked just a little earlier and found I could go 75-80 and gained a full second lap time-wise. Gotta really hug that inside wall on the apex.
  17. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I was on with stumbles for a few laps this arvo and he said the same thing, Also watched mint do a few laps which helped.:)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Yeah that was my fault for spinning you out. That's why I waited for u :)
    VARDZ and SuiCid3 like this.
  19. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    well I found some time just now to do a practice run. Tried with 2 pit stops approach. I like it. I'm not sure I'll even bother trying a 1 stop run. As already said above, after 10 laps...I can only imagine how this thing will glide around the track with some understeer to boot. Then again, in my recent run I was more hitting the 35's on average, trying to go a lil easy on those tyres. So perhaps a 1 stop run could work - if - you took a gamble and eased off a little bit more.

Dang it, really should've noted down how long it actually took to do the 2 stop race. Then redo with 1 stop and see how the times compare, handling aside.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Find it very hard to pull a one stop with the new suspension settings tbh