Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    wait a sec lol...SuiCid3 mentioned above about resetting those numbers back to default. Which is it, default or new updated settings? I'm going to be slightly cut to think I'm yet to tame this beast!
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Whatever you do, don't let your tyres get down to 1 (or 2).
    I did some practice earlier and wanted to see just how far I could push the tyres.
    Had my FL on 2 and RL on 1 and any turn taken above moderate speed and the car would just lose grip and spin around.

My advice, if you see 3's on the left side of your car, get into the pits on your next lap and change those tyres out.

Me, I'm still struggling with the new physics but hit a PB of 1.32.1 with tyres on about 7.
    I know there is more time out there to lose, I just gotta find it. Will be a very interesting race.

What's worse is that I have a bacterial infection on my left index finger (which I usually use to downshift on the DFGT paddle button), but it's far too painful to do, so I'm having to learn how to downshift using the DFGT stick-shifter instead (and its taking some getting used to).

All in the name of fun though.... :)
    Peter Wise and CastrosfriendChe like this.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, you have to reset your car config to default or you can't join the track with the no tuning option selected. All thanks to the cutting edge geniuses at PD.
    CastrosfriendChe likes this.
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    The settings our cars are set at is no longer the "default" setting, so you have to reset to default or the lobby will say you are tuning. Thanks PD for moving the goal-posts after we've kicked the ball... :):):):):):)s!!!
    JAKO155, Peter Wise and MINT_GTR like this.
  5. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Yeah especially with using a controller it is much more difficult
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah, what the others have said already.
    Our car settings prior to the update are no longer default settings, so with tuning prohibited, it won't let you on track until you reset to default settings.
  7. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    and you guys are feeling a huge difference in the handling when set back to default in suspension? When I started I sorta felt it but overall the car was feeling mostly same old same old. Actually come to think of it, I backed off the throttle in my prac test and perhaps this helped.

I ended up wearing down some of my tyres to 4 and felt that was about as far as I'd go before I pitted. I guess some could chance it and keep going but I reckon I can make better time with fresher tyres.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Personally the car feels atrocious now.
    It seems like there is a dead zone with the steering, but turn it any more and you get wicked understeer. Although in saying that, it's probably my driving style more than anything.
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    And is now destroying the rear tyres, they used to have very little wear before the update.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That too, that means I have ZERO chance of getting a podium or beating fastboy lol
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    My realistic aim is to take third, my DSC, running out of fuel and the strong results from Scotty have all but sealed his championship tittle.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I found this too. Felt weird as soon as I jumped on with the new settings.
    You can see the dead zone when in cockpit view.
    Turn in has felt like it's been halved... feels very bargey now.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I hope to challenge you for that spot ;)
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  14. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Yeah especially when your turning it feels like the Macca just dosent want to turn
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Pit lane will be open for the 10 minute qual session guys.

Good luck all
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I will host tonight guys.
    Also, we will run the remaining races as Prac/Race settings (rather that Prac/Qual/Race).
    That will allow any disconnects to rejoin without having to reset everything.
  17. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, we have run just the practice / race setting in div 3 all season, mainly for the rejoin ability if someone drops out.
    Peter Wise and SuiCid3 like this.
  18. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    But how will we know who starts in 1st?
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    The session still records lap times (as long as you don't pit after you set your fastest time).
    We did it at Daytona if you recall.

If you pit after you set your fastest lap time, it will wipe your time and you will go to the back of the pack.
    Exactly what happened to VARDZ at Daytona.
    So if you're happy with your time, just sit on the side of the track until the race starts.
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    The host needs to reset the room before qualifying. Just load a different track, then reload the setting for tonight's race, run a 10 min qually then the host just starts the race after 10 mins
    SuiCid3 likes this.