Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yup, very important if you want yo keep your timed lap, after 10 mins, pull off to the side of the track and wait for the race to start.
  2. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    But how will u know their Qual time?
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    You won't, but the game will line everyone up in fastest first positions. Trust me, it works. :)
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    There's no need to record everyone's lap time, and everyone can see the lap time of pole position anyway.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Jako, we did this exact thing for the last race.

It works ;)
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    What time you opening the room suicide
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Room will be up very soon
    Peter Wise likes this.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I'll join now, but will duck out (honorary taxi) around 7:50 and try to be back by about 8:05.
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I hope to be on by 10 past 8
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Qualifying was a little frustrating on my end.
    2 of my hot laps were ruined by some of you guys spinning in really awkward positions lol.
    Not pissed or anything and I don't blame any of you :)
    I came up to spots where there was no way around or just plain hard to see.
    Managed to cross the line with enough time to complete a last lap which was good enough to steal Jako's (or maybe it was Vardz?) provisional pole!

Start of the race went as expected and I was able to keep pole, but I was also surprised that I had a little gap to 2nd.
    The next couple of laps were fairly straight forward with me leading Jako and a gap slowly forming to 3rd.
    I lost the lead to Jako after one too many little mistakes but didn't put up much of a fight to keep him behind as I was trying to preserve my tyres as much as possible.
    I pitted on lap 10 I think, with Jako leading me by 6 seconds. Once out of the pits, I put in a couple of hot laps and reeled in the gap while Jako was on very worn tyres, this also helped me undercut him when he pitted, giving me a healthy 5 second lead.
    Again, my little brushes with the wall was enough for that gap to diminish and Jako eventually overtaking me again a lap or two before I went in for my 2nd pit stop.
    Unfortunately for me, Jako either had an idea of his pit window, or he learnt from the last time and pitted the lap after me to reduce any gap I could gain on him.
    As I came around back to the start/finish line, Jako was well out of the pits and was 3 seconds in front.
    Knowing it would be a tough ask to overtake Jako on fresher tyres, I settled for 2nd place and started to string together a couple of 31/32's. Jako appeared to be doing roughly the same pace so the gap was being managed nicely by him.
    Unfortunately for me my race came to an end at the start of the last lap. Just as I crossed the line I ran out of fuel.
    I believed I had enough fuel as I thought the red graphic part of the fuel gauge was part of a reserve tank!
    As I slowly made my way around I was at the mercy of Homebrew, copper and Vardz.
    It also seems I wasn't the only one who short changed myself on fuel!

So there goes my chance of any championship run. :)
    Great racing tonight guys. Fastest laps were very comparable here
    Peter Wise likes this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Sui
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Congrats to BJ for taking out the Division 5 Championship.
    Copper is just 1 point shy of a mathematical chance of stealing the trophy with all drop rounds counted for.
    Stumbles, Peter Wise and S_CLOSE like this.
  15. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    BJ deserves the trophy. He was the best driver in div 5 all season.:)
    Back to back championships, Well done Bj :D
    stucar17 and SuiCid3 like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Ho Ho! Finally my first victory with Raceonoz!
    It was a brilliant Qualifying. I was .200 behind pole and I got 4th!
    Lights went out and me and Suicid had a terrific start. I knew i needed a miracle to get in front of Suicid and took it from the inside. Suicid pitted at lap 10 and I waited until 14. It was costly as my worn out tires got crappy and barely any handling lol.
    So It was an 11 second differential from 5 sec in front to 6 sec behind.
    Then when it was time for the second pit stop i decided to pit 2 laps after Suicid. Because of the advantage before. The last few laps were intense and I honestly thought i would choke. But wen we had the white flag, Suicid,Castro ran out of fuel. My dad wasnt happy about me celebrating my win. I was Extremily loud lol. Anyways Congrats Homebrew and Copper for taking the rest of the podium. Thanks to Suicid for hosting and for the pressure and catch u blokes at Spa :)
    @VARDZ
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Qualifying for me was hit and miss, Had a good lap going and lost it on a chicane and speared the opposite wall which ruined one of ranok's laps (sorry bout that :(). I manged to get a good lap in and scored provisional pole with about 2 min left in qualifying. Ranok must of got a better lap just before race start cause when we lined up to start I was in P2 and thought wtf :confused:. Got a poor start and dropped backed to 4th after the first corner after a good move up the inside by Castro. Into the 2nd lap and home brew got a good run on me down the main straight and pushed me back to 5th with vardz just waiting for me to stuff up. I tried to retake p4 from homebrew at the 1st corner on lap 3 but gassed it a bit early and hit the wall. Vardz pounced and back to 6th I went. Got back on track and tried put in some consistent lap times to catch vardz. Lap 5 saw castro have a spin coming out of the 2nd corner which gifted vardz 4th and me 5th. I was gaining on vardz every lap and finally got him on lap 10 coming out of the 2nd corner. I pitted on lap 11 from p2 and rejoined in p5. By the time everyone had pitted I was in 4th and trying to catch home brew. Pitted again on lap 21 still in 4th with home brew just in front. Castro flew past into 5th while I was leaving the pits, managed to get past him on lap 22 after he had a moment and set about chasing down home brew who had a 2 sec gap on me. Coming out of the first turn on lap 25 home brew clipped the wall which allowed me close enough for a pass into turn 2. Lap 28 I had home brew crawling all over me trying to get past, I managed to hold him off until the last lap when I ran out of fuel just as I went past the pit entry. Home brew flew past to take 2nd and I managed to just get 3rd in front of vardz. Good racing all round and heaps of pressure applied by vardz, homebrew and castro.
    Bring on Spa and the fight for 2nd in the championship.
    Here's a pic for how close you got Vardz.

Attached Files:

SuiCid3 likes this.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    You got off pretty easy taking home 3rd! lol
    Nice work on fuel guesstimate!
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    it was all arse, I Thought I put the same amount in as my first stop. I just kept watching Vardz's arrow getting closer and closer on the map. I got a shock when I came out of turn 2 and you were right in front of me