Division 2 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Love your sig :)
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84

dunno, just did another trial race and have put my results with a few different strategies into excel and the results look like it'll make for some interesting racing.

i think no matter what, if you race well,clean and fast, you'll be up there. main thing is you don't wanna be caught up in the pitlane with 10 others

the best strategy? not to crash or have any penalties against you. do this, and it's going to be much fun
  3. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Looks like a cracker of a season ahead with plenty of interest from the new guys. Looking forward to racing with you all. And dont worry about me being too quick (thanks stu!) as I think im a good couple of seconds off the pace judging what little practice i finally managed to fit in on sunday when the power was on. Liking the car though, even though ive always struggled with the non-race cars. Will just have to find the time.

And my car will be Racing Pink this season. :)
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries dutch, you have good pace mate, just need to get on the track !

@ beannie, spreadsheets WTF !!!!! If i get too technical i fall off the lounge !!!

Might catch you later in the week, pretty busy next few nights.....

Stu
  5. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    lol, just simulating pitstop strats - but couldn't do it in my head.

nothing over the top, trust me lol
  6. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Well I guess i'd better fire up the PS3 and get my GT5 updated.
    Spose I should buy the car as well.

Looks like i'm already waaayyy behind the rest of you guys...
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey guys, I've submitted an idea for a race series on the forum, please check it out, I'd like to know what you think.
    Cheers, Jono.
  8. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    You will be all pleased to hear that I seem to have fixed my interwebz issues. Looks like the PS3's IP address and the one I had assigned to the DMZ in my modem no longer matched. Rectified that, and was in Gary's room for well over an hour without a problem. Happy days!
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Awesome barra......good job mate.

Should be on friday and Sat night (i hope) for a few laps.

Cheers
    Stu
  10. AERO_HDT

AERO_HDT New Recruit

Apologies for not being able to join you guys for meet & greet sessions - My PS3 is often on, but I'm not always playing and I'm AFK.

I've got my hands on the car and acquainting myself with the quirky handling in online mode - having real issues with the braking at the moment that's giving me hella tyre wear and getting me sideways into the easiest of corners. The car hasn't been run in yet, and I need to find about 1.5 seconds a lap before I'll be happy!

This'll be my first serious online race in years, so I daresay I'll be flailing around the back of the field somewhere... ;)

If I finish top 10 I'll be stoked and it'll give me something to improve upon as the season progresses.

I might be around either tomorrow or Saturday night - depends on what's happening at the pub, LOL.

Cheerskis!
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries aero, hopefully catch you in the next few nights for a blast.

Cheers stu
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My RX7 TC race night poll is online, Friday or Saturday? 2 days until season10!
  13. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Don't underestimate the power of the spreadsheet.. . .
    - That's how I worked out the "1 lap on hards" strategy last season. Much to the annoyance of many people! :rolleyes:

And darnit Beannie, I was going to switch to a white car !
    That's ok, got the Green-Machine nicely run-in now, bring on the racing :)
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    There is a fine line between the power of spreadsheets and simply having the time to invest in the testing/practice. Luckily for me, strategy is pretty clear this week - don't stuff it in the wall on the first or last chicane = profit.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Wouldnt know where to start on a spreadsheet !!!

Did a few laps again last night with cyber and anon, 35s are another world for me ! did a few 36s and ran consistantly in the low 37s......Tire life good, fuel burn good.

Have heard a few guys talking that they will need to throw fuel in......serious ? I got 32.5 laps out of the tank in the long run i did.....Ive either got to lose the handbag or there is something wrong somewhere !

Should be on tonight, might catch some of you then.
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Did a few prac runs with diff scenarios ... Looking interesting!!! Though it may be out the window when you have 14cars all going for the same position
  17. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

all this talk about strats i dont have that much time to spend playing games :( my strat is show up and drive fast.
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

i myself dont see much of a strat with a single-tyre.
    pit at middle of race, done.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, i think for the races where you dnt use all your fuel it will come down to tire management, and track position, if there are races where fuel is tight, then it will be a bit different.
  20. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

I haaaaate racing un modified street cars.. <sad face> they just feel so wrong, and floppy, and slow.. :-( pretty sure im going to struggle this season...

but I loooooove driving with you guys.. :) so clean, so quick, so fun... looking forward to sunday lads. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.