Division 2 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I watched some of the race replay last night - got a great photo of your dust cloud into the wall as Cob drives by(championship done right there)
    and then watched your disconnect coming up to the corkscrew (could tell it was not a rage quit) - real shame mate.

Well i surprized myself, did not think i would be mixing it up front and almost pipped Barra for pole being 0.010 off his time.
    Had no pit stop strat in mind when i started and was just going to follow who ever was in front of me - which was Barra who decided not to stop!! - geeez i was not really prepared for that! - the car was fantastic for the whole race, the tyres just seemed to hang in there, got a little dicey trying to haul it up for the corkscrew and scored a penality, which racing in a crowd like this means losing positions.

Could see Cob on the map, then in the distance, then on my arse! - no way to hold him back for long.
    Was happy enough with a 3rd spot :D

Thanks Div2 - was a real blast driving with you's.
  2. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, that was a very satisfying end to the season, and possibly my tenure in the Sunday league (stay tuned on that).
    Managed about 45 min of practice on Saturday night, and got a 1'37.7, and had no clue if it was quick. Mustafur and rotor joined my room and blew it away with low 36's. Oh well, i could just hope to be competitive.
    Joined the race room to see that the fastest practice lap there was 1'37.6. Ooh! I might have a chance! Someone did a 1'37.2 before reset, but I was still satisfied.
    Got into quali and binned my first hotlap at the exit of turn one. F*&%. Finished the lap to warm the tyres, and managed a scorcher on my 3rd hotlap - 1'37.1 and provisional pole. Now just to wait for beannie, Cob, cj, joe and N64 to beat me down to 6th. Didnt happen! First pole since, since ummm, I think the Nordscheife round of the Tamora season? If not then, it would have been season 2.

Anyway, I didnt do a Mark Webber, I got off the line well, and emerged from turn 1 in front. The next few laps were surprisingly smooth, felt like I was going slow, but the times were improving and I was being so nice to the tyres that it took til lap 8 before the rears got to the lightest blue colour.
    Got very worried as Cob caught me, because I could see all sorts of lagging on the map and was terrified that I would get overtaken and lag punched to the weeds for good measure. Took the cautious approach and didnt fight too hard for position. Cob peeled into the pits on lap 13, leaving me a decision. I didnt think I would be fast enough in an outright fight and had decided at the start that if I was driving well (smoothly) and the tyres were good, I would stay out. Half race distance, only 1/3 out of the tyres, no stopper it is. Worked out pretty quick that Joe was on the same strategy as me. OK, control that gap, hope that Cob runs out of laps. Well, I got 1 out of 2. Realised at about lap 20 that Cob had plenty of laps to catch me, about 3 too many for my liking. Pretty happy to get my first podium in quite a while though, even if there were only 5 circulating at the end.

Well done Cob on the race, and the title.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great job Cob, well deserved. :cool:

really disappointed couldnt finish out the season guys. Was going to be a cracking finish :(

Thanks for the racing though, hope to be back in the next few months.

Also thanks for everyones support and input for what has overall been a real growth period for the league.

Good luck for season 11, watch out for Sid, he is on a mission !! :p

Stu
  4. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah thanks everyone,
    Had a good season considering I wasn't confident of even making it to the start of the first couple of rounds after having a shoulder operation not long beforehand.
    But probably only got the lollies due to others either being absent for some races or being DSC'd at crucial times but a win is a win and that last round was my first win in Div2 after 3 seasons of trying and couldn't have come at a better time but like I said a very small field by Div2 standards.
    I was :):):):)ten kittens when I realized that barra and joe weren't going to pit after thinking I was so smart for pitting in on what I thought would be a lap earlier than most to get the undercut, I really didn't know if there would be enough laps left to catch joe let alone barra, but in the end it turned out to be the right move and I do really like laguna seca.
    So thanks to all in Div2 for yet another great season and some excellent racing and what I do believe again one without any protests, (Div2 generally a :):):):)fight free zone), and a good mix of some fast new guys some old guys coming back and mostly good attendance.

As for going up to Div1 I know I am nowhere near fast enough to make a dent in that championship as I usually only gather points by being somewhat consistent rather than having outright pace, which you need to have both in Div1. (Anyone who has been faster but stuck behind my size XXXL arse on the track and not been able to get by would agree.) So we'll see where that goes.

And a big thanks to Stu and the other mods for doing all the leg work to get this season up and running.
    (Could quite possibly have been Stu's championship if he wasn't moving - you can't keep sandbagging in Div2 forever Stu, but truth be told I want to stay too).
    And also thanks to Stumbles for hosting and having everything up and sorted ready to go week in, week out. good stuff.

Cheers,
  5. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Congratulations Cob, well done mate. Thoroughly quick this season and great consistency against a lot of great competition so it was a worthy win.

And thanks to all for another great season. Its been a lot of fun racing this car with you guys this season even though i never quite got it sorted. Looking forward to next season even if I'm not in Div 2.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Final ladder updated :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.