Division 2 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    what a race!
    qualy'd 2nd only 0.003 behind Natman, i was hoping for another lap :(

nat runs wide on 2nd lap handing me the lead, but i make all sorts of mistakes and get caught up in a messy battle with cars running 3rd to 8th... ended up being 2nd last. push and push and make an early stop on lap 10, and made up good time but too much push = worn tyres and i just couldn't keep it up.

on top of this, i underfuel the car by 2litres - my practice and sums worked out i needed only 56 litres to refuel, but that was when i was doing 2.08's !! i was running consistent 2.07's and behind in the draft.
    i put in 58 litres total, but ran out last lap - needed 2 more litres to keep my battle for 4th place with Natman alive.

i punched out a 2.07.095 hoping was good enough for fastest lap, but alas, CJ managed to pip me by 0.008 seconds to take it.

finish 5th, enough to hold onto the championship lead, however with a non start next week for me, i fear (even with drop round) it won't be enough to take the title this season after a promising start. i'll give it my best and fairest shot tho boys!!!
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I just checked the replay and couldn't see anyone who put on hards. ??
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I was considering it, since i was having such an atrocious night, but thought better of it, as that would be breaking ROOZ rules.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job Stig ;)

Race results pending any protests....

Pole Natman 2:07:4** i think ????

1. Stu (2:07:173)
    2. Cobmccool (2:07:268)
    3. cjmonkey (fastest lap 2:07:084)
    4. natmanscoop (2:07:684)
    5. beannie84 (2:07:095)
    6. ttr-joe (2:08:202)
    7. N64thestig007 (2:08:563)
    8. Floodsim (2:08:421)
    9. groover (DSC)
    10. barra (DSC)
    11. Aero DNS
    12. Stumbles DNS
    13. Dutch DNS

Thanks everyone who managed to be there early. With stumbles away, we used my connection and all i can say is sorry Barra and Groover for being DSC"ed. Didnt seem to be any lag from my replay, and you both just expired for no apparent reason on my screen....... :mad:

Anyway, did a little prac through the week and fluked on a strat that i thought would work.

I qualied 3rd, with a 2:07:600 which was ok, its a long race !

Good start, followed Nat and Beannie for the first lap, then Nat had an off on turn 1, up to second, Beannie had half a slide and i got passed him, so after lap 2 i think i was in the lead, with everyone else fighting over track position behind me. I got the gap out to about 5 secs by lap 10, then lost a little time to CJ i think over the next 3 before my stop.

I came in on lap 14, and took 56L, full tank, came out last....... :eek: , and had a good scrap with Joe and Stig. (good driving again Joe, VERY clean). Was worried that my strat was being blown apart in traffic, so took 3 laps, but managed to get past them both, and gap them. I was able to get back into the low 8s again, and reel in nat, (1 stopper) beannie and Cob.

On about lap 20, nat pitted, followed by beannie (24) and cob had a 8 second gap. We Pitted on lap 28, but i only had to put in 14L of fuel so made the gap back and we left the pits nose to tail, and we started to chase down CJ who was way down the road. He pitted next lap, was thinking this should be an interesting fight to the finish, (with nat just behind us on his 1 stopper) then bugger me Cob threw it off the road in turn 1 and i was back in the lead.

I got the gap out to about 2.5 secs, then the tires started to go off a little, i started to choke, and cob started to close by about .3 or .4 with 4 to go. He got it to about .9 with 2 to go, but a solid lap from me, and perhaps a little mistake in the draft saw it stretch out to about 1.5 secs for the last lap and i was able to hold on for my first enduro win. :D

Was a good race.....and a good one to win given it may be my last for a while......I'm a chance for next week, but only slight.

Well done to the podium, and again groover and barra, sry for one of the most frustrating things i can think of.

Stu
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Sounds like good night (apart from Barra and Groover), only 1.5 seconds between all lap times.

Sorry once again for the no-show, my car was in bits and I need it at 6am tomorrow, got it back together at 9:15. See-ya's next week.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, good fun.

Bit of field spread with the size of the track, and only 10 cars....but had a good race.

Hopefully see you next week mate
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Said it last night, and I will say it again. Piece of :):):):) network.

Up until that point, I was having a blast. Did a PB (2'07.7) on my first hotlap of quali, which held up for 4th on the grid. Got an average start, with the 3 blokes in front of me jumping clear by a couple of car lengths. Thought I had the track to myself so started to move right for turn one. Oops, sorry Cob.

Settled into 5th after N64 came through lap one with elbows out, then moved up a spot when Nat ran wide in turn 1. Followed beannie and N64 for a lap or so, then pulled the move of my life in turn one of lap 4. N64 drafted beannie (or the other way around) and went to the outside. I had a good run, so I went inside and managed to come out the other side in front of both of them, with all three of us still on track! My heart was thumping for the rest of that lap.
    It wasnt to last though, as I had a couple of scruffy laps and beannie, nat and cj got past me. Then approaching turn one on about lap 8, bam! You have been disconnected. F*** off. Stared blankly at the message til it went away, then stared blankly at the GT5 logo til it went away and I got told I was booted from PSN too.
    Still really pissed off, as I had done enough practice to feel competitive, and I was feeling pretty good. So much for port forwarding solving all issues.
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Think i would have preferred the way you went out Barra - at least you got something to blame
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Feel your pain Barra, only been d/c'd a few times ever from GT5. For some reason nearly all those times have been in the last few months.
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Last night was the first time I have been DC's in a league race. Had my share of lag, and a few times where I couldnt see one or two people. The network has progressively weakened since the game came out. In early seasons, there was barely any trouble. These days, there is always at least one DC from one of the divisions.

Oddly, I got DC'd from an open lobby on Saturday, but I was the 3rd to go in about a minute, so I put it down to destabilization of the room, and that everyone else there was in Europe.
  11. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

Gratz to Stu for a great win! Even if you dont race for the rest of the season, you are going out in style! Great drive from cob too!

Well, as happens sometimes, screwed up my qual. My left rear caught some dirt on those fast sweepers before the last 180 turn, and I spun the car into the wall.
    Lost all momentum, and scraped home in 5th or 6th? Cant remember. (residual effect of all the wine I consumed on sat night). Very tight start off the line, and lost a few places. Saw N64 came flying into T3 looking like a protest inducing freight train, but with some deft braking, he pulled it off perfectly, and made a few spots in the process! Wd! This relegated me further.. L

Had a fair scrap those first few laps with, Nat, Cob, Barra (tough luck mate! that sucks!). I was looking good to catch the front guys, when I got caught on the outside of a locked up Beannie coming out of the tunnel, into the hairpin.. This let Nat and cob right through <sad face> I knew those buggers would be hard to catch. Was BRIALLIANT to have a good drive with similar paced cars, really thrilling stuff. Nat and I swapped places more than a few times. Plenty of bumping and scraping, but I think we both gave as good as we got without ruining each others race (though on a couple of occasions I think we both came very close LOL). I wasnt surprised to find out hes a Karter. Another mate of mine who I raced GT5 with was a Karter, and he had a very similar race craft. Somehow these Karters can make their car seem twice as wide!

I didnt have a plan for how many stops I was going to do, so I played follow the leader. When Stu and Cob pitted, Nat and I were 3rd and 4th. I held it out for another lap, but went in the very next lap. I put a full tank in, so I could do a splash and dash for my second stop. When I exited the pits, I was dead last, with a fair gap between myself and second last.. grrrr.

Managed to claw my way back to the pack using my fresher rubber, and took a few spots back before all the one-stoppers decided to pit. It was during this time I had to catch and pass TTR. I was surprised, because given the difference in tire wear, he was still driving very quickly. Eventually found myself in 3rd I think (again, wine affecting memory). I was closing the gap on the front guys with every lap, so I was happy I could make up the time, and maybe challenge for the win if I could reach them with enough laps to spare.

Eventually found myself in first again as Cob and Stu pitted, so I ducked in on the next lap. 20 liters, 4 fresh tires and I was away. Exited in 5th, behind Stu, Cob, Nat and Bean in that order. Commenced the charge (during which I set fastest lap), and inherited 4th when Bean caught the dirt on T1. Looking at the gap, I felt I had a fighting chance to catch the front boys as long as I got some clean air.

But enter stage left, my Grand Valley nemesis, NAT. This quickly put an end to any thoughts I had of challenging the leaders. We had a good scrap as I tried to take advantage of my fresher tires to sneak past, but was continually foiled in my attempts by his ability to put his car right where I didnt want it to be! We had an oh :):):):)! moment on one lap going into T1. I got a run on his inside, and held my line into T1. But so did nat. Thank goodness the GT5 ghosting gods decided that our race didnt need to end there, as we both drove through each other.

It was now obvious the front boys were no longer catchable, so I settled to just get past Nat for 3rd. My tires were in much better shape, and I would have been pissed at myself if I didnt take advantage of that. I eventually got a run (on the downhill bit towards the hairpin) and managed to get around the outside, taking the lead up the hill. From here I was able to put daylight between Nat and I. This earns me the last spot on the podium, and *sort of* keeps me in the hunt for the championship. However, with stu and bean missing next week, I think Cob or maybe TTR are looking the goods atm.

NOTE: After checking replay, looks like I may not have been able to reach Stu or Cob even with clean air. Their pace was very good, and 5 laps probably would not have been enough.

Thanks for the race guys! Had a blast! Gratz to Stu and Cob, and everyone else. These enduros are challenging. Condolences to Barra and Groover.. those DCs are a massive :):):):):)! I hope your connections are rock solid for the remaining rounds!

Cyas at

/sigh

Autumn Ring

/sigh

reverse ;-)
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Well Done Stu on the Win mate long time coming and Div 1 isa calling He He :lol:
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    'protest inducing freight train' LMFAO!
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

LOL, no excuses this time stu
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I Just hope i can race next season ....
  17. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Yeah some good battling CJ, I think we managed to find each other's rear bumper enough times to keep a panel shop busy full-time!

I was actually surprised when almost everyone pitted around L14, I'd figured a 1-stopper would be 5-10sec. quicker.
    Turns out I figured wrong!
    I never tried running new tyres with 1/2 a tank of fuel, guessing that made the difference.

mmmm I'll miss the Autumn ring round - long weekend in Vic, I'll be skiing behind the V8 in my life Sunday.
    Actually - I'll probably miss the final too, my bro booked that weekend for his Buck's weekend.

Inconsiderate so & so !
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just a gentle reminder about this

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4978

Please get your names in and be involved. Remember its not the winner that gets the prize, its a lottery so you have to be in it to win it.

A lot of leagues would give both nuts to have the sponsors that we do, so please help us support them by getting involved

Cheers
    Stu
  19. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Was more like a mini bus full of drunken yobbo's :p
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
Thread Status: