Division 2 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

cant wait for this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is going to be a good scrap between a few of us i think.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    No, I don't need to lose weight, thank you very much.
  3. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    haha, sorry N64 if you felt i made a few "banzai" moves :) i see a 5 /10 lapper race as a "super sprint" round and i get a little excited at times (at all costs).

i usually try settle down in the longer races and try and maintain some race pace = something i still need to get some prac with.

the enduro gt500 race a few weeks back made me realise you don't need to do qualy laps, lap after lap, and coming 4th/5th isn't actually so bad :) don't need to win everything as long as you've had fun doing it

can't wait for the season start!!!
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

? whats this stig ?

After Xmas i do !!
  5. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    it was in reply to a spam post thats now been deleted
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Nah don't worry beans, some of your moves were kobayashi style and caught me by surprise, I have no problem with paint swapping battles, as long as no one ends up into a barrier...
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I did a 27 lap run on my own, I must say that the driver who makes the least errors and looks after the tyres best will win. There is really only a 3 lap window to take the fastest lap at the beginning before the priority turns to the tyres. Quali I think will be crucial. I couldn't crack into the 36's, by lap 13 I was in the 40's region. It will only go slower and slower. By the end of the race, the left tyres will be almost off the cliff. I found fuel wont be a factor, so it is shaping up to be an awesome event this Sunday.
    Cheers, Jono
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Pretty much what I found as well jono.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Indeed, I think it will suit you as you can barely manage to get heat into the tyres! :p
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol, I do manage to look after the tires pretty well but it doesn't help when I'm 2 secs off the pace !!!

Will see what happens Sunday .....
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

does that mean you intend to no-stop? i won't bother with trying for a no-stop, too much potential to eff up later on and lose heaps of time when tires are ****.
    i'll just pit halfway, just like the other seasons with a single tire. will have to be careful with the pitlane at trial mt. though, if you come in when everyone else is there (like we found out the other night), you can get heavily blocked.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    IMO you lose too much time in the pits, even if you can make up some of that time in the pits, I think to make a pit stop would you need to be lapping at least 6 seconds faster than those who no stop.
  13. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Depends on how much the guys on old tyres slow up at the end of the race. I will have to get on and do some proper testing myself, and hope to hell that my connection is OK. I will double check my modem DMZ settings when I get on next
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

im just judging off the fact that if you said you were in the 1:40s already by lap 13, it would be way worse in the last 5 laps or so, and pitting would therefore make it worthwhile, at least for me. im also considering the margin for error is a lot smaller on the older tires and it doesn't usually work well for me.

EDIT: just trying to remember some races in the last few seasons with one tire where no-stop has won, only one i can remember was at daytona road in the G37, that was a while back. dont think we had any in the toyotas, tires didnt last the whole race.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its the beauty of the regulation set up stig......if you can manage to look after your tires you could do it with a no stop, but very risky.

what will i do ?......... not sure, will see how the race pans out and what my track position is like. ;)

@ zamps, that race round daytona in the G37 in div 2 was a cracker. Bonus and i no stopped and got pipped by neishy on the last lap, who did pit. I hope this sunday is more of the same......
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    stu - i'd like to change my colour to WHITE please, seeing as there are no other white cars so far and there a few blues and silvers.

i'll keep the blue GTS's though.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries beannie, done
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I agree Stu, also If everyone else pits I sure as hell aint staying out!
  19. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    changed to white paint and i've also changed to white advans.....

i just did a practise 27lap run, i am leaning towards agreeing with zamps
    i think you need to stop once, but time it carefully with the pits - if you see everyone diving into the pits in front, maybe push it another lap or two, and you'll have fresher tyres at the end to catch them up anyways.

Or of risk taking an early pitstop and then run to the end. chances are you could wear your tyres heavily battling for position in the first leg.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Perhaps some undercutting then beanns? I'm also starting to lean towards pitting midway through the race, doesn't fit well having a 12 sec lead on lap 27 only to throw it away... Like I did the other night!
    There's so much plotting and planning, and the season hasn't even started yet! Oh the joys of competition! XD
    Cheers, Jono
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.