Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks Stu (and everyone else), but I do feel bad about that contact. Figured you'd be in the sand for 5-10 seconds so I didn't watch for you at all, then bang!! I looked in the mirror and saw I'd put you well and truly in the sand, would have cost you a heap of time. I nearly gifted you the spot a few laps later overshooting the hairpin, but got the big old girl back out of the sand just in front of you. It really was a race where he with the fewest mistakes and the healthiest tyres would win.

I did some laps on Friday and couldn't get the car to pull up or turn in like other tracks, just seemed less grip. I didn't practice again until just before qual and it was the same. I couldn't believe I got 2nd on the grid to be honest, especially seeing as I'd drunk a 6 pack with an old mate in the arvo. As the race countdown started I stopped the car and waited, and realised my car was still going...wtf, I only drank 6 beers! Looked at the screen and I still had 10-20% of accel showing, oh crap, the accelerator is sticking. Could be worse, and be the brakes again. Not sure it effects things that much, but I will have to get it fixed this week, cause it makes cornering quite interesting!?!?!?

I'll find time for a report later Carn.
  2. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Mate I thought the exact same thing when I jumped on for my first practice, almost felt like I was driving a different car tbh, and with the sticky throttle, your using clubsport pedals also aren't you? I ask as I get the same thing, it's intermittent though and I'm yet to do anything about it, can be a real pain in the slower stuff though, tends to make you understeer wide.
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Mine was doing that Anon. Sometimes it would stick up to 50-60%....which was absolute horror.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I dont get why it dumped you during the countdown though as it was going alright in practice and qual once you got in, you didnt do a burn out or something just as you got dumped did you? During the countdown I like to touch nothing as you never know what Gt5 will chuck at you.
    What were you going on about your handbrake when you rejoined?

Shame cause I really wanted to beat you :D Your the only driver that I havent finished in front of least once this season.
  5. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    no m8 i didn't do a burnout or anything! can't remember wait said about my handbrake, (maybe it needed a good YANK!) :D
    it is a shame coz was looking forward (backwards in the rear view mirror) to kicking ur arse Again!! :lol: :lol:
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well done Anon :)

I don't know if it is about individuals rooms, but in my lounge I was doing OK. As soon as I jumped into the race lounge the car just felt different (BB settings didn't seem to roll over into the race).

Admittedly I have not liked this car all series, but I have not driven to the levels you guys did either. It has certainly been a learning curve.
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Thanks for sticking it out rumbles and RB I know its been a tough season. Full props for turning up each race, only 1 more left for the season guys.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, clubsport pedals. Was plagued with brake problems last year until I got a new sensor, now the accelerator is giving out. They have had a tough life though, so I shouldn't complain too much. Yeah, the hairpin last night was heart in mouth stuff, went off once. Also noticed how much later other guys were braking. A few times in the first few laps I thought, he's braking too late and will go off for sure, only to see the guy in front pull up and make the corner comfortably. I figured out that if I pull back on the accelerator it drops to zero, so I'm hoping that if I give it a good clean and tighten the spring it'll be good to go, we'll see.

For those who never look beyond this thread, I'm hosting a DTM practice session tonight for an upcoming Monday night series. Would like to get a few no.s. Fun event, teams, world tracks, mixed divisions, and you get to tune the cars and use sticky tyres...go on you know you want to!!!!!
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Race results and Fastest laps for Suzuka.
    Anon 25
    Teknique 18+2
    Stuart 15
    Venosuala 12
    Miki 10
    MrTopCat 8
    barra 6
    Rumbles 4
    RBRacing 2

1.57.523 Teknique
    1.58.057 Anon
    1.58.250 MrTopCat
    1.58.375 Stuart :)
    1.58.441 barra
    1.59.008 Venosuala
    1.59.824 Miki
    2.02.439 Rumbles
    2.11.468 RBRacing
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I was so quick they couldnt record a time.....surely thats worth some extra points miki !! :p :D
  11. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Ooops. My bad. :)
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

haha :lol:
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I know a lot of people race the clock, but I believe your the first person to actually beat it Stu, job well done, we can all go home now :p
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Its ok snake, Miki bought me back to earth with a thud. :p
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I thought it was the mines firing actually, haha!
  16. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    wheres aza been lately lads?
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    not to sure Carn,
    the last time the lads and i talked to Aza he had broken up with his missus and was the process of moving house.
    he said be back in a couple weeks as so he got the net on at his new house.... that was a couple weeks or so ago..
    so hopefully he is doing well and will be back soon..
  18. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    adjusted stu's score on the ladder, if anyone has any issues with their score just let me or koastr or Bonus know so we can adjust it
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Last race tonight fellas, 20 laps around Nurburgring GP/F. Good luck. Same time as usual.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Will be there, pedals are failing miserably, so may not be sticking around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.