Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ahh that suxs man had a quick look at the replay and I saw we were 3 wide into turn one with you in the middle. I was on the inside line for turn, I thought I gave plenty of room for two wide and was suprised when it felt like you turned into me slightly. Obviously u had someone on your outside tho, that I didnt know at the time.

Shame about the stuttering as im sure you could of made a come back, i felt little lag spikes here and there but generally it was ok . Anyway, keep the misses happy, take it out on us :p.

I went in the kitty lap 2 actually and dropped right back, then a nasty spin when I was on lap 3 when I was right behind Aussie dropped me back to 10th. I had a fun race tho.

Provisional results
    1 Annon
    2 Aussie
    3 Doug
    4 Tek
    5 Veno
    6 Barra
    7 Topcat
    8 M1k
    9 Rumble
    10 RB racing
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Nah, i tore a heart muscle tonight Tek, nothing more, nothing less. I had the :):):):)s after turn 1 (got a great start but not sure if i hit someone or what happened but i couldnt pull it up so apologies if i ruined anyones 1st lap) so that is when the heartlage went. I fought back to 3rd with the undercut, but then after my 2nd stop lost the plot completely after 2 spins in the one lap closing in on you, veno and barra i think from 7th.

The stuttering screen wasnt too bad, just something else that got under my skin.

Had the :):):):)s all weekend so hopefully i can get that heart transplant for Suzuka (not really looking forward to that if I'm honest).... maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age ?
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, that could have been a good race for me. Started 3rd, far left into the first corner with Aussie right next to me. He drifted across, touched my right front, which put me two wheels in the sand, and him in the Sahara. Shuffled back to about 7th, not sure. Put in some decent laps, til I put a left wheel in the grass while braking for turn 1, which spun me across the track. Luckily I slid to a stop just off the outside of turn one pointing the right direction. Lost about 5 sec, which put Veno and I think Tek right on my tail.
    My next, most massive fail in my gtleagueoz/raceonoz careeer was lap 8, happened while driving down the main straight, staying nice and close to the pit wall for the wide line to turn 1. Well, when the pit wall ends, there are some pads (not very soft mind you) that stick out a tiny bit. I hit them with my rear wheel(yes, rear, while driving in a straight line - I was that close to missing the lot). That spun me across the track, and gave me heavy damage (the one where there is a solid ball inside the normal circle). The car drove like the tyre was done to no tread til after I had cleared turn one. Almost ragequit there.
    Pitted lap 10, and had a pretty good battle with Veno and Tek for a few laps, til my tyres went away, so brought it home, with TopCat gaining real quick.
    I did contemplate attempting the most epic pass in GT5 history into turn 1 at one point. It was just after Veno and Tek both passed me and we were slipstreaming down the straight, but they had both chosen to go to the extreme edges of the track, leaving a chili red corvette sized hole between them at the braking zone. Slipstream slingshot in hand, I thought about slicing in between, braking cleanly and taking two positions in one corner. In reality, I would have tapped one (or both) of the other cars, which would have resulted in all 3 of us in the sand, and much anger all round. Therefore I bailed on the pass. Oh, what could have been...
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Kudos to you mate. That is the difference between a racer and a wrecker. :)

Fastest laps for Grand Valley Raceway.
    1.48.104 MrTopCat
    1.48.826 Teknique
    1.48.982 Stu (speed like that and quit)?
    1.48.918 Dougz
    1.48.980 barra
    1.49.385 Anon
    1.49.721 Miki
    1.49.840 Aussie
    1.50.973 Venosuala
    1.52.486 Rumbles
    1.53.520 RBRacing

Sorry to the guys coming around the corner into my smoke while I nosed it into the wall on lap 12 (and throwing away maybe 4th). I was too busy yelling in frustration at the car for not having any front end feeling. :mad:
  5. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Haha, cheers. It was never really going to happen. A straight braking zone, maybe, but I having a hard enough time stopping it there as it was.

Apart from TopCat, the top few are pretty close...

No worries, I was thinking that was a strange spot to stop for a picnic though
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, sorry miki / guys, poor form i know, but wanted to kill someone all weekend and racing was the last straw after i had words with the missus.

Had some bad news at work mid week, so was just a case of not having my head in the right place i think...

Will get my :):):):) together for suzuka and try to enjoy it again.....
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Dam runner up fastest lap, (which gets ya jack :) ) I reckon I could of got a high :47 with a decent tow down the straight.

I didnt pit till lap 11 and was suprised when I came out of the pits behind you still barra considering i was right behind you when you clipped the pit wall on the straight. I must of made a few more mistakes on my in lap that I forgot about.

I sat behing you for a few laps waiting for an opportunity, its not real easy to pass at that track. Thought I had a decent run on you a few times down the straight but every time I pulled out of your draft your car took off and I fell back alittle bit. I was miffed as I thought I had a good tow, I must of been slightly down on horse power.

I knew I would have had better tyres towards the end as I pitted one lap later, eventually I got what felt like a pretty nice pass around the outside on some corner. Then got passed veno reasonable quick (same lap I think), then managed to pull away alittle after due to fresher rubber. You could of tried that pass Barra I wouldnt of seen ya coming though, as I was only eyeing Veno at the time. Little panel rubbing fine as long as you dont get punted of track I guess.

I thought I was going to reel Doug in aswell, as I thought he had only pitted once on lap 8 or something. So thought his tyres would be shot. He had pitted twice tho and had fresh rubber so got away.

I reckon I could of been battling for 2nd with less errors, enjoyed the race though as I got to race with pretty much everyone except Anon at some point.
  8. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Umm, I think you may have managed to pull away because you were heaps quicker. Very polite though Tek!
  9. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Wasn't really interested in the fastest lap time until lap 17. I had a strategy the same as Dougz's but in my infinite wisdom i decided (on lap 7) to try 1 stopping instead. This was not what I had practised so I only reached lap 9 before my tyres were completely gone. Sorry Veno for that lap 9 final corner incident. You were on the inside and I was understeering to bollocks on the outside with a pitstop in mind. Would have been sweet if we were the other way round.
    Anyway, couldn't get 10 laps out of my tyres so come lap 15 or so I realised getting 12 out of them was gonna be impossible......no decent finish today!
    That only left 1 thing to shoot for. Fresh tyres and a clear track at the back of the pack paved the way. Hitting a pb during the race was rewarding but I would have preferred to finish in a better pos. Should've stuck to what I'de practised.
    Congrats to the boys up the front, hope to be there myself soon.
    One question, how are you guys getting the laps out of your tyres? I backed right off you Anon because I was watching your car and I would have sworn the way you were sliding around that your tyres were gonna be shot after 5 laps. Yet I believe you only pitted once????? That played a little part in my decision to change my strategy so you got me there good!! And I really dont want to have to pit 6 times at suzuka.
  10. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Congrats again Anon. Looks like you've got the series wrapped up. Its gonna take a miracle for me to come back now haha.

Was a pretty fun race last night. Good turn around from last weeks drama. Although i had a scare as qualifying was starting. The game froze on me. I hit the PS button and went to quit game, the screen went black and the PS3 beeped 3 or 4 times. Then nothing.. So i held in the power button on the PS3 til it beeped and turned off. I then turned it back on only to find it wouldnt read the disc. I ejected and put it back in. It said GT5 was in there but came up with an error message when i went to go into it. Same thing happened a few times, then it wouldnt eject. Restarted the PS3 and it finally worked. I've had this happen to me before. I'm currently on my second blu ray drive in this PS3.. Seems like this one is about to crap itself too.

Anyway, i got in the room and everyone was waiting. Was lucky enough to get 1 flying lap. Wasnt the best lap, but got me 6th position. Much better than last. Thanks for waiting guys, and sorry for holding everyone up.

Got a good start, just eased it through turn 1 as a few ran wide and i went straight up into 4th behind Tek and had Aussie close behind doing some morse code on my rear end for the first few corners haha. Was then gifted 3rd on the second lap when Tek ran off on the first hairpin. I closed in on TopCat and he then ran off on the same corner on lap 4.

I thought this race was going to be similar to Autumn Ring and the 2 stop strategy would work. Doing 1 stop was never an option for me as i can never get my tyres to last. I pitted on lap 6 hoping Anon would go in next lap and i'd try to get past him then. He stayed out though, so i knew i had to push on as i'd have to try to run him down at the end. I didn't realise doing 2 stops was so much slower than the 1 stop.

Aussie.. Don't know how you did it. Stayed out till lap 12. I wasnt too far behind you when you pitted. I thought i'd have you covered later in the race. Im kinda glad you havent been around all season, otherwise i probably wouldnt be where i am haha. I was closing in on the final laps.. Just didnt get there quick enough.

I'm still happy with 3rd. Anon is just too quick.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I can't see the fat lady anywhere Dougz, don't jinx me. Must admit I knew at Autumn Ring 2 stops would be quicker assuming you could get through traffic, but here I had no idea. I just figured with 3/4 tyres left at the start of lap 7, I'd be right to go a 1 stop strategy.

@TopCat, you need to ask Aussie about tyre conservation, I'm not very good at looking after my tyres. I think it's just that I'm getting better at driving on worn boots. As for my first few laps, the car was horrid. In prac and qual, after half a lap the car felt grippy and you could push it around. Once the race started it was all over the shop, so I just backed it off and focused on not having an off. After pitting and seeing where everyone was I knew I just needed to get home without visiting the sand. My laps were slow, but I knew that wouldn't win this race.
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Personally I just go for slightly more rear wear, as I hate understeering. Ran default brake settings last night but on tracks where the fronts have worn more ive up the rear BB to 6 and the fronts down to 3. Other than that just easy on the brakes and keeping an eye on the tyres going red.

This car does bite in recovery from a spin, not the spin it self imo. If your tyres are all red after a spin it can be so hard to get going in a straight line again. I had that last night on my spin behind Aussie, took ages to recover.

We've only had 2 winners from Div 2 this season, I think we gotta change that stat this week fellas. Might put in a little practice myself.
  13. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    just play around with ur brake bias, it takes some time, but well worth the pain you have to go through.
    there is a few way to find life in ur tires using ur brake bias m8.

tips for u (not every1 else so all yous other boys LOOK AWAY and DON'T READ THIS post :lol: )
    if back tires are getting killed as they usually do in a FR car. up ur front brake bias and lower ur back bias.
    i run around; 8F 3B, 7F 3B OR 6F 3B then see how it goes m8,, but it does depend on ur drive style and how U want the car to feel..
    i like the car to be more stable in the braking zone and be a little arse happy :):):):):) coming out of the corners.
    trail and error up the front, down the back until u are comfortable.
    then go turn as many laps as possible round 10000 laps should get in fine form m8. :lol: :lol:

will write up a race post later on boys with my view on the last night race.
  14. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah Whatever.... Aussie is Back and i'm coming full warp speed. :lol:
  15. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Yeah Topcat you mongrel! Only kidding mate. I tried to take the corner really tight knowing you were there but when I felt contact I was really worried I had nudged you onto the grass! I slowed down to let you pass me but ended up nearly blocking you from getting into the pits instead! It didnt affect my race in the end so no harm done. I still drove like a grandma.
  16. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    ok Fella's get the keg, peanuts, chips and popcorn out.. O'yeah and tell yeah missus ya busy as this is my race report (mini series).
    right if the characters that are in this short(tish) story, Don't take things serious, and those who aren't in it. Don't worries i will get to you 1 day. Rumbleshorts is SqueakyJocks.
    The night started by I GOT IN Yee Haaaaa. Right down 2 business with only 15-20 laps under my belt on this track in my lovely ZR1.
    Qually 7th a little disappointed but it will have to do.

The Race Lap1
    Got a top start compared to the back end of the field. Heading into turn1 Dougz in my sights, Stu sideways and RB ghosting straight through me like a bad case of the runs after a big night at the local Chinese restaurant. :/ Dougz and Tek get together for a love affair and Dougz stuffs his nose up Tek's arse end, which gets Tek all lose and excited. :lol: (does ur G/F's know yous boys are have an affair :lol: )
    The 1st hairpin Tek still sporting a greasy arse from his affair with Dougz. I decided to have a slide on the exit, which sent me back to 9th from 5th :mad: At the end of the 1st tunnel Miki_D out broke the corner and 8th was mine. Veno and SqueakyJocks in my sights now.

Lap2
    Tek goes off at turn 1 another spot up Thanks Tek. :lol: Veno and SqueakyJocks slipping and sliding into each other like a pair of shella's fighting over a pair of shoes, Veno got the shoes. :lol: SqueakyJocks got lose as a flogged out goose at the 1st hairpin exit and me being impatient on the exit i put the power down, then SMACK!! a tank slapping SqueakyJocks come across the track, we got together and exchanged numbers :lol: and i took 7th. by the time i got to the bridge there was a slimy green ZR1 coming up fast and it was Tek!!!! back from his holiday at the turn 1 beach resort. i thought Where Hah How the hell!!!!

Lap3
    Started with Tek getting a Grill full of sparks, after i planted the right side of my car into the pit wall on the main straight. :lol: I think Tek was still a bit hot under the collar from his date with Dougz. as he was was still a bit greasy here and there. (how long yous boys been seeing each other???? :lol: )
    Lap4
    Tek is gone relieved :lol: by this time the field was widely spread like a ummmmm yeah pair of sexy ladies legs. :lol: i was closing the gap on Veno using my jedi powers to make/willing him to slip up. i must be getting rusty Coz it was working. :/ :lol:Veno caught Barra with me just a whisper behind.

Lap6
    still looking at Veno and Barra going hard at it but now i have Miki_D coming up bahind me, i did like the position i was in so i throw the Jedi manaul out the window at Miki_D hoping that it got stuck on his windscreen. :p then i put my foot so far through the floor pan hitting the throttle of my ZR1 i now have no heel on my right foot. :lol: PRESSURE TIME!!!! its was working Veno started to get a bit sideways and the slides up. (OR maybe it was the pallet of beer and bus load of XXXX girls i dropped off to ur pit crew to mess with ur car :lol:) i should have sent them to Anon's pit crew, :/

Lap7
    Veno is gone, Now its Barra's turn and i made sure he knew i was there, by doing some panel beating and dam near took us both out when i out broke myself at the 1st hairpin OOOOOps :/ Sorry m8 Coming out of the last tunnel Barra and i came out neck and neck, i had the outside line to the 3rd last corner, so i broke as late as possible well as late as my tires would let me Yee Haa 3rd spot was mine for now.
    (dam you made it hard for me Barra, :lol: top racing)

Lap8
    Turn 1 RRRRRRRR!!!! VROOOOOM!!!!! Barra woooooshed past on the breaking limits of his blue bullet VROOOOOOM!!!!! Veno squeezed in too, i started scream at the tv WH*T THE :):):):) as yous past me in the braking zone, After Veno taking my right mirror off in the middle of it all but it's all good i didn't need it m8 but i thought you will coz i wasn't going to let you's go that easy :lol: and you will need that extra mirror to see me coming. :lol: Then at the apex we all decided to get together and beat the :):):):) of each other.
    End results Barra 3rd, Me BACK to 4th and Veno in 5th with his shiny new shella's shoes he stole from SqueakyJocks. :lol:
    Last set of corners i screamed at Barra GET OUT THE WAY!!! he did Awesome Jedi powers are back! :lol:

Lap9
    between the 1st and 2nd tunnels (thats sick! :lol: ) a flightless bird (MrTopCat) ploughed his car into the fence after building some sandcastles and getting a sun tan. :lol: 2nd spot now there is TWO gear sticks in my simulator :lol: :/

Lap10
    all by myself, i feel so alone now, nobody is here to hold my hand. :/ :lol:
    then i seen Barra's triangle spinning like CRAZY!! Glitch? NO Driver Error!
    over the next couple few was in a goove, had a few moment where my ring gear got pretty dam tight and uncomfortable :lol:

Lap12
    i took the lead but it was going to be short lived, as Anon was get new wheels for his sound barrier breaking rocket,
    end of the lap i pitted hoping i did enough.

Lap13
    out of the pits in 5th god dam it!!! and i had the flightless bird in front of me again :lol:

Lap15
    Dam how hard can it be to catch a flightless bird? :lol: up to Stu and Dougz pitted and the flightless bird still running like the Bejeebaz's trying to achieve flight :lol:

Lap16
    i said to myself "just cruise don't stuff it" and clip the bird's wings before he gets off the ground. i gaining on MrTopCat holding my foot flat and sporting a new weapon i picked up in my pit stop (scissors for clipping bird feathers) :lol:

Lap17
    Here Birdie Birdie!!! :lol: YES turn 1 i got past MrTopCat and clipped his wings as i past so he couldn't chase me down and 2nd was mine Again!! Now where the hell is that SUPER SONIC ANON? dam 20-25 secs into the next race :lol:
    Jesus Christ you were fast M8...

Lap18
    Dougz hunting me down, heart rate TRIPLED :lol: 4 Laps to go DONT DISCONNECT YOU BASTARD I yell at the tv, :lol:

Lap19
    Lap Traffic started to come up " hold breath they are not there" i said :):):):) slipstream still is but :lol: as i nearly wrecked myself. coming onto the bridge RB (down a lap) got all crossed up into a tank slapper he goes, (very well held in the end m8) but i my arse still swallowed half my simulator when you slid Left Right and back to the Left towards me arrrrrrrhhhhhh NOOOOOOO!!!! i yelled but it all good ghosted through you. :lol:
    half wrong way throught Lap20
    past SqueakyJocks ghosting (Lap down too) But Dougz was hot on my trail and wanted blood about 3-5 secs bahind.
    my heart rate Quadrupled and had white knuckle fever :lol:

final Lap 21
    80% throttle, 60% tires (greasy) -2000% brain/body power and a million% sure i wasn't going to let dougz get me. :/ so i pushed HARD!!
    and hope i didn't prank it into a wall or go off into the desert..
    Last corner 200% throttle control and lined it up on the straight and got the jockey out slap the crap out the ZR1 just to make sure i got there. :lol:
    YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA I STAYED IN, 2nd is MINE!!!!

well done Anon on 1st place, and ME for 2nd place :lol: and Dougz top run and snapping up 3rd m8.
    AWESOME AWESOME RACE ALL ROUND FELLA'S
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Awesome write up Aussie, glad I read this before anyone else got to work.

I must ask though....is English your first language? I have a feeling your high school English teacher mentioned you in his suicide note!?!?!
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Very entertaining read Aussie. I get the feeling you are pleased to have stayed in the room?

One factual error, my bullet is red, not blue :p
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: Whi wer u glad u thet you Red this bfour evary1 got 2 work?
    and inglish iz and izn't mi ferst langwidge but BAD inglish iz mi ferst.
    Mi inglish techar woz a :):):):):) aniwayz. :lol:
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    sorry m8 i was up pretty late and was dead tired. :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.