GT5 The Nurburgring (200) 500 kms and Enduro Series.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Good, hope you can make it.
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Ok, after doing a bit of a test with M1K1's BMWs the weight reg has changed down to: 1150kg
    And for any of the cars on the list that are more than 2 secs slower than 3:44.XX (online, RMs) can use Race Soft to help make up the Diff.

Once if tested the others car that I have with the new weight reg I'll update the first post with what tyres will be allocated for those cars.

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=12542#p12542 Poll open! weather and Date preference.
  3. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I have the CLK and Nomad. Not sure about being able to gift them, wonder if they'll be over the limit.
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Ive got those also. the 3 44 XXX is the CLKs time and the Diablo did a 3 47 6

I also have the viper, the panoz and the R390.
  5. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I only have
    S Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car 98 (RM Tyres)
    S BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car 97 (RS Tyres)

Not sure what I would be using though, probably the R390. I was hoping to use
    S Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM Race Car 98 (RM Tyres)
    but I have no luck getting one.
  6. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I finally got the CLK-LM. After a little testing, I quite like this car. will test more on Sat morning.

Do we Div3 get to use RS for this race?
  7. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'll use either Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 or BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Bluemoon, the CLK-LM is on RMs.

Aza, what lap times have you done in the Lexus on what tyres?
  9. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Dont know haven't run any laps in either car sorry mate and I think I'm going to run in the BMW I will check both out in practice before the race
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Sorry all, today's race is canceled. Basically no drivers have showed up with 5 mins until Q.
    Thought this would happen today, not so shocked but disappointed.

Thanks to those who showed to the races that we had. I really enjoyed the series.
  11. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I was in my own lounge practising in the wet at night because no one was logged on to GT5 at the time. Well, congrats on your championship Seido. :) I guess it might feel a little hollow right now due to the disappointed factor but it was still longer at the wheel than our season in total time (Food for thought), and you did a great job. I'm getting the feeling that there might be confusion about times and dates maybe to explain the no-shows.
  12. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Isn't it supposed to start practice at 2:30pm AEDT? I turned up at that time and only Aza was logged in and he was playing FIFA.
    Then 5 minutes later, you sent a message (2:07pm ACDT) saying no one turned up. Weird.

So is the race going to be postponed or cancelled?
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I did my practice earlier today, so when I logged in for quali I was confused to see there was noone playing GT5. It was then that I checked the forum and found the race was cancelled, so yeah im disappointed too.

I would prefer to see it rescheduled rather than flat-out cancelled; I was looking forward to this one.
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I don't know guys, there's only a few of us that have entered each and every race and have input to each race...

The start time (prac) has been the same since round 3 at SSR5.

The weekend is the best option for myself to run this series, even then I usually have to squeeze it into the schedule. Weeknights, I get home after work most times after 8:30pm which is 10:30 pm in Sydney. That time is just too late to run these long races...
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Shall I post final championship standings then? i.e. drop your worst round points (ignoring the final 'cancelled' round of course)
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Sorry to keep you waiting on that Koastr.

I can offer to run the race this Saturday but the race will be shortened to 1hr with just 15 mins qual that will start sometime after 2:30pm EDT. Can't be exact on the time at the moment...

The only other real option is the 17th.

Let me know guys...
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    This weekend is no good for me, and the weekend of the 17th is questionable too :(

Maybe make it a one off event sometime in the new year?
  18. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I'm fine with either dates. The new year's good too.
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm 9.5 hours into the 24Hr enduro A-Spec event, so this weekends not good. I like the new year event. Just need more participants.

Just for funs sake, i'm doing the 24hr Le Mans Endurance race in the Formula GT. No headlights around Le Mans in the dark is do-able and fun. My best time is 2.55.315 in the dark. The first 4.5 hours were at 100% wet. I've just done nearly 5 hours of dark.
    Yes, I am nuts.
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    My thoughts exactly.

I saw something on GTPlanet that people are organising an online 24hour enduro with 15 teams of 3 drivers. Now that's dedication.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.