GT5 The Nurburgring (200) 500 kms and Enduro Series.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I should be able to make the Sunday race.

Can you update the first post Seido with the regulations that have been decided on. Also the race times. Is the time in post 1 the race start, or practice start?
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Everything was updated except for the time. I had down 2:30pm edt only. This always means when the session opens (prac).
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I use the 'New' link under Topics on the RHS above the sponsor banner. Then I never miss any new posts/threads and can quickly scan subject to see whether I want to read it or not... suggest you do the same.

I disagree that Soft tyres wear faster in GT5. I think you'll find this is the general consensus around here.
  4. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Thanks for that. The Active thread link is very useful, though the list will get too long for a busier forum.

As for the RS tyres, I guess it's the way I drive as to why they wear so quickly.
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Also Bluemoon, you can subscribe to a thread and you will get an email when there is a new post!
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's why the "New" posts link is good. It's only brings up topics with new posts siince your last visit, which is a much shorter list than the 'Active' link, and covers all the stuff you won't have read yet.
  7. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I subscribe to this thread, which is why a post here would be good. Having to check the new/active thread list is extra work that I don't have much time for.
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    ok... sorry for the inconvenience.
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Round 4. 280 kms of Circuit De Spa (40 laps)
    Date: Sunday 20/11/2011
    Practice: 2:30pm EDT
    Qualy: 3:00pm EDT
    Race: 3:30pm EDT
    Weather: ON
    Damage: Heavy
    BHP: 522
    Weight: 1170 Kg
    Tyres: Div.1. RH. Div.2. RM Div.3. RS
    Mandatory Pit Stops: 0
    Eligible Car List for race cars that qualify.*
    [​IMG]
    Entry List
    1. SEIDO463 (RM)
    2. Floodsim (RH)
    3. KILLADRIFT (RS)
    4. Aza2672 (RS)
    5. Bonus 888 (RM)
    6. MrB52 (RM)
    7. Pagone41 (RH)
    8. M1K1_D (RM)
    9. Bluemoon (RS)
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Everyone ready for race day tomorrow?

It will be great race! See ya at Spa!
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Looking forward to the race today. Hopefully I can keep it all in one piece.

Looking ahead, for round 5 I'll put my name down for the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car 98; because that's one car I at least know I have.
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Cool Flood, sounds good!

On another note, does anyone mind if we shorten the Q session to 15 mins and start the race 15 mins earlier? I know, it's a late...
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Sounds okay to me.

I see that Pagone has pulled out. With that, I will be the only person on RH again. Could I move to RM?
  14. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Can I race today? Just sent you an invite seido.
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks to those who came to the race. But a poor turn out.

I got disconnected on the final lap... oh well...
  16. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I think it's agreed that Seido gets the win. So with that, the estimated times are:

Seido: win (total ~1:53:27)
    moon: +5:40 (~2 laps, time 1:59:07)
    aza: +7:05 (+1:24.937 to moon)
    miki: +13:15 (~+2 laps)
    neishy: was just behind miki until d/c on lap 29
    flood: retired on lap 22 and left

Fastest lap:
    aza: 2:33.731
    seido: 2:34.642
    moon: 2:35.688
    flood: 2:35.688
    neishy: 2:38.548
    miki: 2:42.454
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks for posting that up moon.

To all, I've updated the round 5 details on the first post. There will be no separate threads so please check there when/if you need to.
    The main update is Track Edge/Wet track: Light

What do you guys think of that? or should we not run weather at all for round 5?
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Sorry Seido, I don't think I've ever given up before but I just didn't have the will to continue today.

I didn't see much point in driving laps of Spa by myself in the pouring rain. There was no fun in it, there was no racing, it was just miserable.
    It's impossible to get any heat in the tires when its wet which makes driving a nightmare, and the 'race' becomes an exercise in staying on the track. In the end I decided I didn't need the frustration of another hour of that.
    Full credit to the rest of you though, well done for sticking it out.

It's a shame because I was really looking forward to that round.

I would be in favour of having no weather for the next round, just to avoid a repeat of today. I dont know about the rest of you but I'm not interested if its just going to rain for 2 hours straight again. We do this to race each other; you can't do that in the wet, so why go through the pain.
    That being said though, I would be happy to race if we could guarantee a certain amount of dry running but I dont think thats possible. I'm not against some rain being thrown in, just not 2 hours of it.
    *edit* ESPECIALLY if we're going to be driving in the early evening/dark, that's a challenge enough in itself.
  19. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I understand what you're saying Flood. I felt the same too towards the end of the race.
    But this is an endurance series so it's not just about racing each other for track position, it's about battling, the track, yourself and the elements.

I think 1 out of 5 rounds is fine to have a full wet race and I didn't plan it to rain for the entire length of the race, that's just the way it went. Although I am still trying to figure out how the weather system works in GT5 after the update. What combo's give what effect and so on.

When I was testing for Le Sarthe a while ago and the sun was setting and the rain was clearing up it was just amazing when I was over 350kph in the GT-ONE... awesome racing atmosphere.

Well, sorry to waste anybodies time today. That was not my intention. I set this series up to be something different for the drivers here at GTLOZ/ROOZ and it's a bummer that the grid numbers have been going down each race...I do appreciate the regulars that have showed each round.
    If more of you put forward your opinions/ideas then the series will be more suited to you all.

Hopefully you all haven't given up and I will see you at the final round. (weather not included)
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Seido, Bluemoon pointed out after the race that the changeability of the weather was set to 1, being the lowest factor of the weather changing so it sort of guaranteed the race will stay wet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.