PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ah yeah i see what you are getting at. Good question. Anyone care to answer that one as im curious to that as well?
  2. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Where is this dang video @Noxrai want to see about as much as I want to be done with work today
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I guess it comes down 'Rules are Rules' and in this case because you are racing in a ROOZ event then you have to abide to the ROOZ rules.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Fair enough mate if that's the case happy to abide. That's the info we need.
  5. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    @thebigRAGOO_14 Bloody computer keeps freezing up everytime i go to render the video. Spent all night last night trying to make it work. Anyone want an electrical brick? I'm giving one away
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  6. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    That's a shame
  7. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Also does anyone want to finance my new computer? I'll love you longtime :inlove::inlove:
    Beau_Albert and Giant slayer like this.
  8. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Yeah just send it with your wheel mate. If it's that big a pile of junk mate I think you ought to pay me :D
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    It's usually discussed prior to the event.
    Take Deep Forest in GT for example.
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net..._Forest.png/revision/latest?cb=20101222011759
    Turns 2, 3 and 4 always come up for discussion prior to that track being raced at, as those turns have large concrete areas that sometimes don't trigger a track cutting penalty.
    Noxrai likes this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I would like to know who these people are at ROOZ that think it’s ok to exceed track limits, because they should also know that it is a no-no. Refer to below point.

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

This thread has the rules that apply to all ROOZ events. Refer to Stu’s post as it is TLDR, but you should read the WHOLE post.

You will need to point out to me where it says ‘in general’, ‘best bet’ and ‘as much as possible’

Now you’re just being difficult.

People will always accidentally exceed the track at some point.

In these situations, no we cannot police everyone 100% of the time.

This is where we rely on driver integrity. If you are alone on track, then by all means do whatever you want, cut loose, whatever. Then ask yourself, is that the racing you expected from yourself when you decided to race here?

It doesn’t matter how many drivers are in a situation together, the rules apply to everyone.

Advantages should not be taken if the rules are broken. It’s all black and white in the rules.

If you believe someone is taking advantage of breaking the rules, or if someone feels you are, then that’s where the protests come in to play.

Unfortunately with the way that PCars has been created, it’s impossible to watch others from our own replay, so that makes it doubly more important that each driver holds that level of integrity and honesty.

This is a good idea, but shouldn’t need to be done unless it’s a new track, or someone is not familiar with it.

This shouldn’t even be needed, as Spa is a prestigious and world famous track.

If you have never driven here, then sure, ask away. Otherwise… track limits?

Just because it has generous amounts of runoff, does not mean it’s ok it consistently exceed it (which is what your video shows you doing). There’s no halfway between this. No grey text.

It’s clear black and white.

If you are CONSISTENTLY doing it, then it becomes an issue.

That bolded word up there is what you need to consider.

If definitely would have been better in PM, but seeing as this is out in the open, it’s a good reminder for everyone to go over the rules again.
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Just to add my input to this furore, I think the "stick to the track limits/between white lines" thing was blatantly ignored :p
    [​IMG]
    I think the real issue is that the corner cutting were all taken flat out (6 seconds at one point here h-ttps://youtu.be/vIL_O7KqNZo?t=30, remove the "-"). I had to lift off each time I took eau rouge just so I'd stay on track and I (as a midfield racer) wouldn't find it fair play if guys faster than me kept straightlining it and cutting corners lap after lap.

Not trying to point fingers at anyone, I purely mean everyone in general should do their bit to drive fairly. I also think the test series was successful in finding out everything right and wrong with it and there shouldn't be anything wrong with discussing our findings in an open and respectful way.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I have been reading through all of this and just watched the last posted video and was shocked.
    The first lap even. NO WAY. Couldn't believe it.

Never seen anyone on ROOZ race like that.

Drivers like that might as well become a pilot and play a flight sim
    SuiCid3 and pykeybraa145 like this.
  13. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I can't give you my wheel. But i can give you a perfectly good one i found just laying around the other day.
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    PS4 Compatible?? Or should I say Project Cars compatible.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    May need a bit of modding to get it working smoothly. But it's progressive green trim makes precision driving a snap
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  16. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Might give it a miss mate. If tetanus is all I'm going to achieve out this game I might as well bin it. More than enough rusty nails here to play with
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  17. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Oh come on mate, your not that bad :p:laugh:
  18. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I think this forum topic has run it's courses. Needs to be locked series is over. At this rate I predict we will break the internet shortly.
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
  20. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    wasn't kidding lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.