PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    agreed :thumbsup:
    finchy likes this.
  2. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    mods should make this a rule (since GT6 is still online)
    must do one season on GT before you can upgrade to Pcars
  3. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I like that idea nige. We have serious rules and regs so why not make it serious pre race and defining what can and can't be done. Everyone gain advantage going into the chase at Bathurst from what I saw and yes nothing was said about that
  4. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Why should I have to do that? Am I somehow a lesser driver? Possibly one of the most narrow minded statements I've seen.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am pretty sure he is kidding because it is ridiculous lol
  6. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    You'd hope he was. That's fanboy status though if he ain't in my book
  7. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Foot go back to Limp Biskit
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok...time to weigh in!

@CobMcCool IMO you really need to ease up...deep breaths :)

@Sir Nige I decided to watch just your first lap in the video and make some comments.
    You seem like a fast courteous driver. I would also say clean but just need to work on your corner consistency.
    On a track like Spa, running wide on some corners is much more forgiving than at somewhere like say laguna seca.

From what I watched of you in the first lap (by the way I am not nitpicking at you specifically)
    The long double left hander at the start of the vid, you run very very wide and keep the foot down instead of lifting however this may have been the best thing to do as if you lift off, you rejoin the track on the racing line and may cause an accident...as it happened you lost 2 positions because of the off.
    The next left hander of the S you also run wide but the gravel touch makes you lose another position. You tap redeemer under brakes but lift off as to not re-pass immediately.
    Fast section near the end the second fast left hander you ran very wide without lifting and seemed to gain time from this (need to let off the throttle)
    entry to eau rouge you cut but it could be fine if the 2 right hand wheels are inside the white lines however at the left part up the hill you massively cut without lifting. Even if it isn't 'faster' you get to keep the slip stream whereas if you were penalised or lifted off you wouldn't.

Here is an image that an old series I was in used to use to outline rights/wrongs of track limits:
    [​IMG]
    finchy, TheJuzzy, KoAStR and 2 others like this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Any doubts over track limits should be resolved in this video. It is still possible to set the fastest lap without corner cutting and track extending, virtual or real.

SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Ok guys I'm not a mod or anything but I'm pretty sure issues like this should of been dealt with in a PRIVATE MESSAGE with Ad and not in the forums filling up 3 whole pages
  11. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    H
    Hear Hear
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  12. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Im trying not to take sides but it looks like the mob has spoken. Just ease up on sirnige people. He has been quite polite in his questions. No need for slaps in the face for someone that is looking for clarification on a certain point.

Yes he wasn't that great in some corners. He was definitely taking too much out of eau rouge. And he should have come back on the track more appropriately instead of pulling out right in front of tdz.
    This was a test series. On a new game. With many new drivers. Let's treat it like that. Everyone knows what is expected of them yes, but we should also let people know where they can improve in their racingcraft. I know most people are more than willing to listen to what more experienced drivers have to say. that's why we are here isn't it? To enjoy close and fair racing? Instead of bashing one another. Help eachother and we can all benefit in better racing.

@thebigRAGOO_14 in regards to the chase at Bathurst i think it's pretty much worldwide accepted that that is the racing line. Watch the real world v8s or any other series that races there. I also think why it is accepted there and not in other places, is it is safer to take that line than a tighter line at those speeds. So marshalls turn a blinde eye to it.
    There are plenty other corners around the world where it is accepted to use the whole road and go past the white lines. Just gotta know which corners :p
    finchy, Peter Wise, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The extra tarmac at Bathurst is the sanctioned racing line anyway. :)
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    As I said yesterday;
    "As far a track limits go, if there is any grey areas these are usually identified pre-race and a warning given to stay within the limits at that particular part of the track if the game does not enforce it, once again driver honesty applies."

This has worked for us in gt6, on a track by tack basis any problems and appropriate actions are identified and posted in the divisional threads during the week leading up to that particular race so everyone is clear on the subject and yes it was probably overlooked a bit for the pcars races because those of us who have done this before already know what's ok and what isn't and we wrongly assumed that people would respect the track limits,
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  15. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    @Noxrai I know very well they do that in the v8s mate I guess my point being if we are going to nit pick this dilemma we can't just turn a blind eye to it on other tracks that's my opinion though. I would rather not see this stop people from posting videos as I like nothing more than seeing other peoples races
  16. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    And just because it may be a sanctioned line in real what does ROOZ rules and regs dictate in that situation. Do we have to follow them or if it's globally recognised racing line does that cancel out the ROOZ rules for that corner
    Noxrai likes this.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Well... @Sir Nige can be offended all he wants with my comment, but I don't think I over stepped any line with regards to my comments. I've stated matter-of-factly my opinions, and posted the links to the general ROOZ rules and procedures and racing etitiquettes. I never went off at him, but I certainly don't agree with his common sense at the moment.

@CobMcCool always has his moments and goes off the rails though :thumbsup:
    Noxrai likes this.
  18. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Just to clarify if I'm airborne through eau rouge is that a drama
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I think you guys should look into street circuits, cross the lines and meet a wall :laugh::whistling:
  20. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I've crafted a centre punch on the front of my car to punch a hole straight through
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.