PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Track limits are a nightmare to police, the game has a system where by it issues penalties for track cutting my view is it should be left as that, it will open a can of worms for everyone to be judge and jury on issuing penalties as there is no way every corner for every driver can be reviewed. In real life it is regulated by race control not the drivers and for us race control is the game.

Eau rouge is particularly bad for that, get the turn in wrong by a small amount and you are off the track but trying to lift off and brake to stay on results in a spin.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  2. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    You obviously need to look at the replay again it shows me on the brakes before you so if any one out break themselves it was going to be you but it's clear to me and anyone who watches video that your lagging came into play at the wrong time and you clearly turned into me which then hookup the two cars together which drag me out with you and for the redressing I would've if I believe it was my fault but at the time and I knew and I was taking the inside line and believe you turned into me which later I saw on the replay it was because of your lag you turned into me and if you see the end of the video you will see you still drifting sideways down the track and for those who would cutting the track which was very clear some of you were doing the rules state (two tires on the truck at all times)
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Track limits are track limits if no one abides by them where does it stop, they are strictly enforced in all our other leagues and races (not by the game in certain places and have been for years and no one complains, and Pcars will be no different, if you get caught repeatedly doing it or use it to gain an advantage you will be penalised, it's in our rules and regulations, and that's not going to change, if you don't like the way ROOZ operates ........... well you get the idea.
    Clevohead, Ad2mny, SEIDO463 and 3 others like this.
  4. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    How can they be "strictly enforced" who is reviewing every corner for every driver for every lap??? What situation constitutes a penalty, who assesses the penalties and what are they???

At best this will be "randomly assessed" the only reason we are talking about this is because I posted a video, do we really want to be in a situation where we are editing incriminating evidence out of videos or worse narking each other up??? Because if the rule is two wheels inside the white line then in my video at:
    0.36 Dave has 4 wheels outside the lines as a result gets a better run and overtakes me
    1.18 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    1.57 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    2.20 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    2.39 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    2.52 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    3.51 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    4.18 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    4.20 redeemer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    6.08 slayer has 4 wheels outside the lines
    And that is in 8 mins of footage

I have got absolutely no issue with any these they are all just pushing hard and racing, as I was through Eau rouge.

The game punishes blatant corner cutting (eg straight lining Eau rouge, the bus stop or the dipper) do we seriously want to bring personal judgement into it and to get involved in theses sort of arguments???
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  5. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I suggest you read the rules and regs it explains it all,
    KoAStR and Kieran_B33 like this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    It's not about nitpicking.
    The track limit rules we try to enforce has a lot of trust placed in each and every driver.
    No, we cannot police it 100%, that's why we rely on driver honesty.
    If someone picks up on it during the race, then it can be reviewed in their and the offender's replays.

Edit: Someone who does it time and time again will be caught out.
    SEIDO463 likes this.
  7. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Ok I have read the rules and from what I can see there would be no further action on any of the above incidents, is that right?
  8. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    This is only a game there are no F1 contracts coming our way things are going to happen from time to time cop it and move on.
    There is a lag issue here and there will be many more if we don't fix them .
    The room I was in had no issues, in practice cowsfly wag lagging badly but in the race he was perfect .
    Why was that ?
    KoAStR likes this.
  9. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    No, did you read the entire thread, check the additions posted by stucar17 spells it out pretty plainly
  10. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    I must still be looking in wrong place I can't see anything specific about track limits or 2 wheels inside white lines, only corner cutting to gain a place or consistent corner cutting to gain an advantage neither of which was occurring.
  11. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Did you read this before we started, can't be any clearer

Welcome to the first ever Project Cars Event on ROOZ, the GT3 Challenge. A short championship to get the ball rolling, but will hopefully be trouble free and everything we have all been hoping for.

Firstly I'll get the important stuff out of the way.

Rules and Regulations.
    Most of the rules applying to the Sunday leagues on GT6 can be adapted and adopted here in Project Cars. Here are some links for the new guys to have a look at and regulars to get them fresh in their minds:

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/

Just to be certain that there is no misunderstanding, I will outline a few of the most IMPORTANT rules to ensure everyone has an enjoyable race.

1. If you cause a driver to spin/leave the track, you must redress immediately by waiting for the driver to recover and rejoin ahead of you. Do not jam on your brakes and stop in the middle of the circuit, you must wait in a safe positon out of traffic so as not to cause another incident. If the incident is not redressed straight away, a post race time penalty will be applied, starting at 30 seconds but can be raised at the room captain's discretion. This leads us nicely onto...

2. Protests. If you feel you have been wronged by another driver, or that they are not driving properly within the track boundaries, do not explode in a tyrade of profanities over the mic. Nor should you go looking for revenge. At the end of the event, ensure you save your replay and send a private message (PM) to the room host/captain. Do not accuse/abuse the offending driver in the forum threads. Rest assured that the matter will be dealt with in the fairest possible by the captains/host/moderators. A proceedure is in place for these matters so there is no point making matters worse by creating 'drama' in the forum.

3. The track limits are in most cases fairly well marked. The general rule is 2 wheels must be inside the white line on the track edge/on the ripple strips. Any advantage gained from exceeding these limits must be nullified or post race penalties will be applied. The in game penalty system so far has only been tested to a small extent, and by the looks of it it is a 3 strike system over the entirety of the event. Any more than 3 track cutting incidents - be they in practice, qualifying or the race - may result in a drive through, a heavy time penalty or DSQ. As you may have read, there seems to be some glitches with the in game system, so your best bet would be to just avoid cutting the track as much as possible to avoid any penalties.

4. Mic ettiquette. Abusive language, racism, bullying, threats or just generally causing a nuisance over the mics will not be tolerated and will result in heavy penalties ranging from - at the low end, DSQ from 1 or more events/banning mic use in ROOZ events to - at the most extreme end, banning from all ROOZ related events/the ROOZ forum and reported to PSN. Everyone likes a good laugh over the mics and it's in a guys nature to have a friendly dig at his mates. There is a very fine line between that and cyber bullying and depending on the extent of the offense, you may receive no warning before a penalty is put into effect.

Also regarding mics, during qualification and racing, voice chat should be kept to the bare minimum, and if possible, the mic turned off. It can be very distracting to the other drivers if someone is groaning or sighing or has other loud noises coming through their mic. Finally please refrain from turning your mic back on until all drivers have finished and the final results screen is displayed.

We have come here (ROOZ) looking for a place for clean, fair and competitive racing. If we liked being rammed off the circuit, the open lobbies will more often than not cater to that desire. However, for the system to work, you must drive how you expect others to drive. Keep it clean and fair guys.
    Ad2mny and TheJuzzy like this.
  12. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    No I didn't, where was it posted? It is not in the first post on the first page. I read the rules and regs in the new members forum as advised to do and I can't see anything about track limits or 2 wheels in there.

So what would the process be on the incidents in my video, what would be the rulings and penalties and who would make them?
  13. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I've been running the racing line a lot and in some area's it take's you of track , so I'll have to engorge that and follow ROOZ rules .
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  14. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
  15. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Thanks for posting, (is it possible to get pcars ps4 forum set up where all this information can be kept in one place)

So what would the results of the incidents in the video be? I still can't see how any penalties would be applied
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I'm not a mod, but from what I've seen and what you've posted, an example may be
    For your overtake after cutting Eau rouge you may get 25 secs added to total race time (or equivalent to a drive through)
    Dave may get the same
    Redeemer may get DSQ for consistently exceeding track limits if gaining an advantage
    Slayer,I don't know did he gain a position or do it repeatedly, if not probably nothing
    Don't forget if you can redress on the track if need be and avoid the situation altogether
    SEIDO463 and TheJuzzy like this.
  17. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    By going off the video that @Sir Nige posted when it comes the track limits this is how I see it
    Redeemer exceeded track limits 7 times
    Sir Nige exceeded track limits 15 times
    TDZ exceeded track limits 5 times
    Me exceeded track limits 1 time
    Finchy exceeded track limits 1 time ( but can't really tell because he was sideways at the time )
    But that is going off the rule that ripple strip is not classified as part of the track which @Sir Nige figures were going off but as the ripple strip is part of the track in the rule those numbers come down slightly
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I am going to watch the video.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What the Hell?? I haven't seen driving like that since open lobby's in gt5! The track is that big wide black bit that is in between those two white lines!! Is that really that hard to understand?!? Are we here for clean racing or just to f around and do whatever. There will be some serious discussion regarding track boundaries, racing etiquette and rejoining track regs. With just those couple of laps I've counted enough incidents to have you ejected from the event.

This is not what ROOZ is about...
    Clevohead, finchy and Giant slayer like this.
  20. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    The rumble strip rule only comes into effect when there is either no white line as a track marker or the white line is too far from the rumble strips like trial mountain/deep forest. On a track like spa there is NO rumble strip rule as there is a clear and definite white track marker line. So rules for that race is 2 wheels on the inside of white line at all times,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.