Gran Turismo 7 Season 51 Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    ~2.05m per lap
    90m Race / 2.05 = 43 / 44 laps
    Good luck 2 stopping :)
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'd be more than happy to adjust TOD if it isn't favourable. Also, I'll re visit lap count, the time difference between 1 and 3 especially is blown out once we hit enduro season.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    A three stopper for sure.
  4. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @Viperzed Not sure there is any enjoyment in driving around 27 laps in the dark at Bathurst. Especially for the last race. Personally I think a Dawn start and finish at Dusk would go with the retro feel of the old days. Just my 2 cents (or 5 cents for the younger folk):)
    Viperzed likes this.
  5. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Couldn't agree more! Not sure who I hated when I made that TOD....But I'll be jumping on tonight to confirm the time, will also likely be dropping one or two laps off the count.
    Apex_64 and Beats143 like this.
  6. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    2.02 best times for me averaging 2.03s. Testing has indicated def 3 stops with best scenario being start- soft (12) pit 1=soft(12) pit 2=soft (12) pit 3=medium (10)

The delta to managing the fuel more then that isnt worth it.
    Delta diff on softs and mediums is about 1.5seconds so softs wins the race taking the med the least amount of time.

I think we may need to look at grouping the divisions so we have full rooms.

Whilst i love Bathurst in this car (day or night) o dont want to be racing 6 cars for 44 laps.
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Div 1 will have a max of 9 drivers this Sunday due to a few people going down to Sandown, if you know you're not racing early, might be a good idea to let everyone know as a few of you already have so room can be organised. With the right amount of people, a merge would be beneficial.
    Apex_64 and ADZA_85 like this.
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Lap Count and TOD has been adjusted for this weekend's enduro.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll be there.
  10. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    Hmmm, looks like I’m getting lapped. So 41 laps for me.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, me too. 2:04s is my best but mostly 5s and 6s. A crash every 5 or 6 laps as well. I will be cruising most of the way trying not to crash.
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 7: 17/09 - Mount Panorama Racing Circuit - 42 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Morning - 5x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 7:30 pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 7:45 pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored generally around the entire circuit. Track Limits will still be defined as two wheels on the kerb, or white line, whichever is furthest out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need need to navigate the pit entry chicane. Tripping up may result in a 3 second penalty or worst case scenario, a reset. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep left immediately after exiting. Take care not to impede cars.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Mount Panorama

Another season, another visit to our home circuit. Bathurst has long been Australia (And Rooz's) home of endurance racing, we once again utilise the great track as our final round of the season. Bathurst for the most part is a one lane, one line, no mistakes made race track with massive implications , especially over the top, if something goes wrong. Stay clear of the walls and pick the smartest times to pass cars or leave yourself open to the car behind.

As this is the enduro round, we start half an hour earlier, be there on time and be prepared to be sitting and driving for a long period of time. Keeping a beverage or two plus some snacks nearby is reccomended.

It is also Retro Round! Can't wait to see what everyone has come up with for the final round of Season 51!
    emmo46, Ian Cannan and Matthyus like this.
  13. Darren Day

Darren Day Rookie

PSN ID
    Old_timer05
    I won’t be racing tonight. Good luck all
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Div 1 and Div 1b will combine tonight.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Fairly happy tonight, played it safe and didn't make any major errors, just a couple of little ones. Qualified 12th outright which I think was 7th in division 1B. Somehow got up to 9th by turn 2 and held that until there was chaos at skyline, managed to sneak through into 7th outright and somewhere in the the top three of div 1B. Held that until I was caught by one of he div 1 guys and then got around whiz to maintain 7th again until the end of lap 5 when a little oversteer out of the final corner let three guys close and pass before the cutting putting me back to 10th, Then coming out of Forest Elbow a lap later I came upon a car reversing across the track, went off the track to the right to miss it but was still hit. That put me back to 2nd last with only the track crosser behind me after he kindly redressed, thanks for that.
    From there on I was chasing. I closed on Ursine towards the end of the first stint and then spent most of the 2nd stint closing and dropping back from him. I was losing a little time but then he had a half lose coming out of the cutting and I was able squeeze through, he made it obvious he didn't want that but that's fair enough. From there it was chasing various people on different strategies but never able to actually catch anyone so finished 12th where I started. I had considered giving this a miss but wanted to finish ahead of @Matthyus in the points. I managed that and only took three more races than him to outscore him.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I need say sorry to everyone tonight who was impacted by my inability to keep this car on the track. It was a massive stack that shook up the grid, which shouldn't have happened.
    First lap nerves.

A very heartfelt sorry to everyone.
  17. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I did a 2-stop, I don't think it was the right option though.
    Apex_64 and Ian Cannan like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries, I gained a couple of places and some stained undies out of it.
    Hatfield and Apex_64 like this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Qually
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and Apex_64 like this.
  20. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I probably need to thank you Jhonno for making my night more enjoyable. Fluffed qually (a bad new trend), Fluffed the start (typical), I thought I avoided the carnage but no, I T-Boned Jhonno, and was out to 2nd last (13th) with damage. From there it was so much fun until the second pit when I had got to 4th. Then it was as boring as bat :):):):) for the last soft stint and medium stint.
    I have enjoyed my 1st season back after 18months, and thanks to all in Div 1/1B for the racing.
    Thanks to Ursine, Hat and Johnno for hosting duties and Viper and Ranger for all the behind the scenes work. :thumbsup:
    UrsineSaturn9 and Hatfield like this.