Gran Turismo 7 Season 51 Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Still not back.
    Will be back for the final 2 rounds though.
  2. Darren Day

Darren Day Rookie

PSN ID
    Old_timer05
    Hey guys. Terribly sorry I won’t be on the grid tonight :(
  3. Adam Thompson

Adam Thompson Rookie

PSN ID
    Greas3_Monkey005
    hi I'm a 50/50 on getting home in time so if I'm not there don't wait
    thanks
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Div 1A and 1B combined
    Qually
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ian Cannan, Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Was happy that we were able to room merge without any issues last night, and even accommodate a late coming @LE_bananajosh seamlessly after qualifying.

Was of course happy with pole for 1B (2 secs off div1 pole :eek:) especially as it was my first timed lap, and I couldn't improve but did watch the gap to @Apex_64 get smaller and smaller, ending at 0.013:thumbsup:

Had a normal start but noticed apex jumped and this meant that as div 1 drove off, I was able to keep close to @SpeedyTyres & dis_wood without worrying about the car behind.

I was pretty pleased when the gap grew behind to about 3s, so I set about spinning at the final chicane all the way back to last :(

I set off to catch up and had another spin during the race, until all the pitstops happened and I was chasing down @Kartdude45 . But whenever I would get close, I would have a little wheel spin moment and couldn't get the job done.

All in all, one of those nights I think I could've won, but my own mistakes let me down.

Still an enjoyable technical track with which concentration was needed the entire time.

Congrats on the wins Andrew and @dunamotornz
    Apex_64, Ian Cannan and emmo46 like this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Another night of mixed emotions, I qualified 4th of the 1B runners which is a best for me but tempered a bit with there only being seven of us. I started 10th overall, then moving up a place with @Apex_64 fall starting and then got around @Kartdude45 through turns 4 and 5, unfortunately a rub put him off track a little at T5 and he was pounced on by the following pack. That had me up to 8th and then 7th as groover was all over the place at turns 7 and 8 but I managed to sneak by. Those behind were less fortunate and they lost ground in the confusion. I finished lap 1 in 7th with @dunamotornz just behind.
    @Hatfield was pulling away ahead of me until lap 3 when he spun at the chicane corner 15, that moved me to 6th outright and 1st in1B. I thought how good is this. Then motors started to close in, I held him out in some good close battling until he shouldered by on lap 6 and began to immediately pull away. I was stiil pleased to be 2nd in 1B but was conscious of those chasing. Josh was at the head of the chasers by now but was about 6 second back and not making big headway so I was looking forward to perhaps a podium. Brain fade then set in and I ran wide and spun exiting turn 6. It took forever to get it pointed in the right direction and I lost 20 seconds and 4 places. The rest of the race was just watching the gaps ahead and behind grow and I came home 11th outright and a season best of 5th in class. A good result still for me but it could have been so much better except for my stupid error.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I spun the wheels on every qually lap, with 2 laps being half decent, couldn't nab u lol, not that it mattered after a typical apex stunt, foot slipped off the brake going for a last minute drink. I was lacking confidence badly after qually, I drove so cautious, no actually i drove slowly, but somehow ended up where i did.

Usually I am faster than you, and I spin, and you go past, I was stunned and upset when I saw you stranded. Made me even more cautious. Bad luck Emmo, podium was definitely there for you.
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If I hadn't lost that 20 seconds I would definitely have finished 2nd in 1B, I would even have been 2nd in div 2 with that time. I wasn't the only one that suffered time lost though so on balance I suspect I finished where I deserved.
    You did well to recover from your early gaff.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    6+ weeks later, but I finally got the LAN cable installed to the PS4, so no more wifi
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  10. dunamotornz

dunamotornz Rookie

PSN ID
    SPMotorNZ
    What can I say, dreadfull qualifying which is always the case but seem to always make up spots in the race and found a good pace to race in, start was pretty good going past apex and found myself on the outside at turn 1, filled into line at exit and went past Grover when he had his issue to be behind emmo then set about running him down while fuel saving as best I could, was an awesome battle and just couldn’t find my way round at the normal passing corners, had a dive one lap and was retaken straight away but knew I was a touch quicker in the twisty section just before the first tunnel and had to pounce when I had a good run, then it was a matter of keeping my head and pace good and again fuel save to the pit stop with 10 to go, may have put to much fuel in but had the gap and even diced it with the last of the upper divisions, good race and happy with lap speed as well
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2023
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 6: 10/09 - Suzuka Circuit - 22 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Morning - 8x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored generally around the entire circuit. Track Limits will still be defined as two wheels on the kerb, or white line, whichever is furthest out. Turns 8, 9, 16 and 17 will be monitored individually for track limits.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to dart off to the right relatively quickly after the final corner. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep right until T1 unless safe to merge right. Take care not to impede cars.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Suzuka Circuit

A Formula One classic and a staple of RaceOnOz Sunday League, we once again come to the famous Japanese circuit where many a div can crown their champion should results go their way.

Rain may or may not be forecast so ensure you read the radar and make the right strategy calls to stay on top of your opponents. Suzuka is a narrow and flowing track that punishes front tires heavily, so look after your tires, management may be your best friend.
    Matthyus, emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll be there.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Finally did a race distance here without a spin. Ran wide at turn one on a too fast too narrow entry under pressure form @Hatfield though. Managed to keep it pointing in the right direction but lost two places. The places came back to me later though. I had a very intense enjoyable race, lots of battles most of the way. Nearly scored a podium but couldn't hold out @xlxy90 over the last couple of laps, a wide run from me through the spoon let him get a run towards 130R that I couldn't defend. 4th place in Div 1B is very satisfying and I guess the seven race distance practices paid off.
    Ian Cannan, Apex_64, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Night to forget for me. Too many spins.
    Thx for the season all, can't make the final round.

See some of you at ROC
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You were doing well, moving up from 7th to 4th at least before the wobbles set in. It is a difficult car.
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  17. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Funny how things go sometimes, had zero practice, kept spinning my wheels on several exits during qually so decided to whack TC on 1 for the race. Both XLXY and Johnno had me covered for speed, but their battling kept me in touch. Then basically from there it was a Bradbury for me with first XLXY having a major off and then Johnno a smaller one. Had several little "moments" with the car, but managed to scramble out of them.
    Took me 3 years to get my first win in season race at ROOZ, then another 3 years between my 3rd and 4th last night.
    So I am pretty happy I could achieve a win again at my second time at the lower level where i definitely belong, especially in a Gr3 car that is so difficult to drive.
    Nowhere near quick enough to win the title this time, congratulations XLXY, far too quick. Will get 2nd by default as many drivers that have driven less races have been far quicker than me. Wish you were racing this week Hat, would have been a tight finish with someone who has done all races.
    Ian Cannan, emmo46, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  18. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    After 6 weeks away and zero practise until just before the race, I wasn't feeling optimistic.
    However it is Suzuka, a favorite track of mine, so the learning curve was only on how to manage this car.

Qual
    Managed to slot in a massive PB, only for @xlxy90 to pip it and I couldn't match it. Very happy and surprised that I managed to snag 2nd and put it on the front row.

Race
    Stuck with @xlxy90 for the first few laps, but I was being conservative to preserve fuel / tires, so the gap grew slightly, but XL had a moment under the bridge (good 'ol Deguna 2) and I zipped past.
    @Apex_64 and XL keep themselves busy, which was a blessing for myself to stretch the gap, which helped reduce the pressure.
    XL had the pace over the both of us, but another accident put him towards the back of the pack.
    This left Apex and I in the battle for the lead.
    Towards the end of my Softs stint, I had a moment prior to Deguna 2, where I didn't slow down enough and wobbled into the gravel.
    This was enough for Apex to zip on past.
    I decided that I would pit on this lap, 2 laps earlier than planned, to see if I can push the undercut and reduce the damage of time lost.
    Threw on the Mediums and went about in clean traffic and once Apex came out of the pits, I was within striking distance.
    I kept the pressure on and got super close several times, but I couldn't make an attempt.
    On lap 21, my rear tyre just hit the green cement at Spoon and I did a very nice powerslide across the grass and back on to the track and off I went again.
    This was enough to give Apex a decent gap to secure his victory.
    I gained heavily on the last lap, but congratulations Apex.
    You held off faster team mates for a deserved win.
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I drove the last lap so carefully, 2.03 high by memory.

@Viperzed just spun a few laps at Bathurst. Are you sure the lap count is right, seems 2 minimum, or even 3 too many, I could be wrong.
    And your cruel, once it got dark, the car and the mountain was a massive concentration challenge, the car and the mountain won easily :(
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think 44 laps but then I am so slow there. I agree this car and track is no fun at all. I'll see how I feel on the day, I might sit this one out.