GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 2 HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Sep 8, 2014.

?

TICKING THE BOXES AS TO WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE FOR SEASON 2 OF THE HTO GT SERIES

Poll closed Sep 24, 2014.
  1. (A)

22.7%
  2. (B)

63.6%
  3. (C)

9.1%
  4. (D)

59.1%
  5. (E)

22.7%
  6. (F)

22.7%
  7. (G)

27.3%
  8. (H)

68.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT SERIES ROUND 4
    12 HOURS OF BATHURST SEASON FINALE
    • RACE DURATION 90 MINS TO COVER A 12 HOUR PERIOD
    • TYRES : ANY RACING
    • TYRE WEAR : NORMAL
    • 1 MANDITORY PIT STOP
    • RACE START TIME 6 am with TIME PROGRESSION at 8
    • WEATHER AS PER REAL WORLD LOCATION.
    • ROOM OPEN FROM APPROX 7.30 PM AND Q1 STARTING NO LATER THAN 8.15 PM OR EARLIER IF ALL ARE IN ATTENDANCE
    • HI-TEC OILS QUALIFYING Q1 WILL CONSIST OF AN OUT LAP + 3 LAPS 2 - 3 & 4 ONCE EVERYONE FINISHES THEIR Q1 CONTINUE AROUND TO THE PIT ENTRY AREA AND WAIT THE THE SESSION TO BE COMPLETED. ONCE THE Q2 QUALIFYERS ARE CONFIRMED, COMPLETE YOUR CHANGE OF TYRES AND START Q2 WHICH WILL BE AN OUT LAP + 3 LAPS.
    • IF THE TOP QUALIFYIER FROM Q1 DESIRES HE HAS THE OPTION OF BEING THE FINAL CAR TO START Q2
    • PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CAR SET AT THE CORRECT BHP LEVELS WHETHER STOCK OR AT THE PENALISED LEVEL.
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

As a RX7 user how about enforcing 2 compulsory pits? I feel no other car has a chance against an RX7 across a 90 minute race distance as they either have to 1 stop and loose some serious time per lap nearing the end of each stint or 2 stop which at Bathurst is a 26s setback. The RX7 has decent pace round here too relative to the other cars as well.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Will look into it CAGME
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have a hard enough time trying to get a decent time around bathurst and now you want to take away my only advantage? Come on I am going for a Fuji from Season 1 here...
    JonoStan96 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  6. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    Leave it as is. Lol
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    We knew that was the status quo well before the series started that the RX-7 is by far the easiest on it's tyres. Changing the rules now to make it 2 compulsory stops just a few days before the race wouldn't be fair. Besides, you don't have to run softs...
    REVO_Bryan and Peter Wise like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I know this will cost me the Gold Title, but as a SLS Driver, which is arguably the worst on its tyres, i think leave it as a 1 stop minimum. Like Jono said, we all knew the rules when we signed up of 1 stop, we knew the mazda would be good on its tyres. Besides, who said they will be the only ones on a 1 stop? ;)
    DekGT5mad and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Definitely doesn't need to change... being a GTR driver, which is worst on tyres, I'll be 1 stopping. Its not tough to do 45mins.

The RX7 can just go longer, like 50-55mins before pitting, to come back strong on light fuel, good tyres. But its tough over taking for the rx7 here. Only if people stuff up, or under braking into the chase / last turn is where it has a chance. Its left for dead in sector 1.
    DekGT5mad and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I must be way too hard on my tyres, as my right front was down to 5 at the halfway mark... Not feeling confident at all here even if I only have to do one stop as opposed to 2.
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Didn't look like that last night ;)
    skywalker and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Your probably 1-2 sec faster than me so could 2 stop and still finish before me ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    High 7's for me on mid fuel, mainly in the low 9's... What times are you getting?
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    High 8s full tank, but just go slower and slower as the minutes tick by and tyres wear.

I think the rx7 is going to be a weapon here!
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah i wasn't expecting those times from the Mazda, Jono is looking good for this title now..... Im a tiny bit faster than him but the tyres are never going to last on my Merc :/ I think the GTR will be in the same boat, perhaps the M3 too. I think the fight for Gold will be between Jono and Fastboy
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Are you forgetting Dan? Double points means that if he wins you'd be the only one that would beat him if you were to come in 2nd before factoring in pole and fastest lap.
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Im not sure if he can clean sweep though, pole/win? Very possible but its easy for someone 2 stopping on lower fuel to rob him off that fastest lap in my opinion at least.
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

He doesn't need a clean sweep as long as you come 3rd or lower and Mint, Fastboy and Jono don't come 2nd with FL and Pole. Mint would require 2nd FL and Pole to tie with Dan if he won, Fastboy Fl and 2nd to win Pole and 2nd to draw, Jono FL, Pole and 2nd to win FL and 2nd to draw. Assuming double points only applies to positional points as has been the case in past double point events.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I forgot to mention I was struggling like a pig during my practice, I have no clue what direction to take with brake bias, I like rearward bias a lot but it makes it as unstable as a mofo down the mountain.
    DekGT5mad and Beau_Albert like this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Good point, i wasnt saying he couldnt win it, i mean anyone realistically in the top 7 is going to be in with an awesome shout at the title! Going to be an awesome finale :)