GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 2 HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Sep 8, 2014.

?

TICKING THE BOXES AS TO WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE FOR SEASON 2 OF THE HTO GT SERIES

Poll closed Sep 24, 2014.
  1. (A)

22.7%
  2. (B)

63.6%
  3. (C)

9.1%
  4. (D)

59.1%
  5. (E)

22.7%
  6. (F)

22.7%
  7. (G)

27.3%
  8. (H)

68.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    GOLD - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/hi-tec-oils-super-gt-series-gold.1458/
    [​IMG]
    SILVER - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/hi-tec-oils-super-gt-series-silver.1459/
    [​IMG]
    BRONZE - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/hi-tec-oils-super-gt-series-bronze.1460/
    [​IMG]
    COPPER - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/hi-tec-oild-super-gt-series-copper.1461/
    [​IMG]
    LAP TIMES - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/hto-series-2-lap-times.1495/

Hey all. With the success of the season 1 of the HTO GT300 series I am definitely going as the title says have a second season.
    The cars available for season 2 are is in the JTCC GT300 championship so as in the actual series GT3 cars are available and are listed below
    Entry for the season can be done in 1 of 2 ways
    1st : You can enter as a privateer, pick the car you wish to compete in and away you go
    or
    2nd You can enter as a Factory Team. This requires 3 members in which you must have 1 competitor in 3 OF THE 4 divisions Gold Silver Bronze & Copper

I am certainly happy for Privateers to team up as long as you are driving the same car in the team line up stated above

Ideally I would like to see all 5 cars on each of the grids. I am not going to put a limit on it but as teams sign up you'll see how many of each make are already entered.
    POWER LIMITING FOR THE CARS TO COME
    RE AMEMIYA RX7 GT300: BASE MODEL, ASPARADRINK 06 337 bhp
    NISSAN GT-R GT3: BASE MODEL , RJN GT ACADEMY LIVERY, SCHULZE MOTORSPORT 420 bhp
    SLS AMG GT3 '11 400 bhp
    BMW M3 GT2 BASE MODEL, BMW Motorsports 380 bhp
    BMW Z4 GT3 360bhp

SEASON EVENTS :
    Qualifying:

Qualifying will be similar to the current Formula 1 Q session. It will commence when everyone is available at approx 8:15 EDST EARLIER WITH THE 30 MIN DIFFERENCE FOR THE ENDURO.
    Q1 WILL BE OVER 4 LAPS + AN OUT LAP WITH THE PITS CLOSED!!! THE TOP 50% OF THE FIELD WILL PROGRESS TO Q2. ( IF THE NUMBERS ARE ODD THE EXTRA WILL ADVANCE e.g IF 11 ENTERED, 6 PROGRESS) THE DRIVERS THAT ADVANCE TO Q2 CAN THEN PIT ON THERE IN LAP FOR FRESH RUBBER IF THEY WISH TOO AND THEN Q2 WILL BE OVER 3 LAPS AFTER THEIR OUT LAP. DRIVERS THAT DON'T MAKE IT THROUGH TO Q2 ARE TO PARK UP OFF THE TRACK IN A RUN OFF AREA AS TO KEEP YOU IN YOUR QUALIFYING ORDER....YOU ARE NOT TO EXIT !!!!!!!! YOU MUST PARK UP!!!!!

ROUND 1 : 11/1/15 QUALYFING FROM 8:15pm LIGHTS OUT @ 8:45pm
    SEASON OPENER - MOTEGI ROAD 1 HOUR
    ROUND 2 : 18/1/15 QUALYFING FROM 8:15pm LIGHTS OUT @ 8:45pm
    SPA 24 HOUR 1 HOUR ( TIME MOVES THROUGH A 24 HOUR PERIOD 3PM START)
    NO RACE DUE TO AUSTRALIA DAY LONG WEEKEND
    ROUND 3 1/2/14 QUALYFING FROM 8:15pm LIGHTS OUT @ 8:45pm
    DAYTONA 24 HOUR (ROAD COURSE) 1 HOUR (TIME MOVES THRU 24 HOUR PERIOD)
    START TIME 1 PM
    ROUND 4 : 8/2/15 (Actual weekend of the real event) Q FROM 8:00pmLIGHTS OUT 8:30pm
    BATHURST 12 HOUR 90 MINS ENDURO DOUBLE POINTS
    ( TIME MOVE THROUGH A 12 HOUR PERIOD) RACE START TIME 5:30am
    POINTS TABLE IS AS PER SUNDAY LEAGUE RACES
    25-20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    BONUS POINTS FOR STARTING OFF THE POLE (1 POINT) FASTEST LAP (2 POINTS)
    SUCCESS BALLAST( BHP PENALTY)
    The success ballast this season will be applied to the cars based on the position on the championship table.
    1st 3.0%
    2nd 2.4%
    3rd 1.8%
    4th 1.2%
    5th 0.6%
    These penalties are applied for the second round, so after the 2nd round any driver that remains in the top 5 will take HALF the penalty from the previous round through to the next round . E.G. DRIVER A 1st after round 1 ends up in 3rd position after round 2. Carries 1.5 % from round 1 gets 1.8% for being in 3rd so penalty is 3.3% for round 3. After round 3 he is in 4th spot so round 1 penalty is dismissed round 2 penalty is halved to 0.9% and 4th spot penalty is 1.2% giving a total of 2.1%.
    For the Final round all penalties are calculated as normal AND ARE HALVED for the race

Division lists will be up when S4 are named. Will be increasing from 3 to 4 divs. GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE & COPPER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I voted sundays between seasons as I struggle to get online during the week to race and I really wanted to race that first series
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I chose one bracket of car, take the series worldwide and either Fridays or Sunday nights in off-season.

I think it will be far easier to pick one bracket of car and then have two or three cars to choose from from each (perhaps even Factory teams could be formed with a mix of drivers in each factory team - as a suggestion).

I don't see a problem in opening up the series to the whole range of tracks, I don't think they necessarily need to be "real-life" tracks. if its a good track then why not use it.

I also find it easier on Fri nights or the weekend and struggle throughout the week (as I prefer to get on early in the evening during the week for some practice and be done by 8pm or so)....though for many I know they cannot jump on until after this time.

And a great idea Vardz in opening this up and seeking suggestions/feedback :thumbsup:
    VARDZ and Peter Wise like this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    A - Only because some of the GT3 cars are really nice to drive, but I also don't mind driving the RX7 again :)
    D - There are a lot of awesome tracks that can be used, may as well use them :)
    H - Sunday as that's already my dedicated racing night
    Peter Wise likes this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I just realised A and B had the same options...
    B would be more preferable if we locked in a class rather than having 3 different classes running (makes it easier equalising as well)
  6. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I voted for A, but meant for B .. GT3 car's has my vote.

There is heaps more, and we can actually use the GT Academy You Tube R35 again :)
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Ill put my name down for this season if i can, i'd love to run the Merc SLS GT3, i like the look of the GT Academy R35 but im at a much higher pace with the SLS
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    With the assistance of an alien last night, a very good base line has been set for cars and what BHP they need to be "around" to equalise, obviously further testing required to fine tune. Going to do it right now and say WON'T BE USING GT500. The JTCC GT300 SERIES has a variety of GT3 cars so that is where I see Season 2 going. Reason for this is as @DoogleDave said... I see the teams championship being run in manufacturer teams with at least 1 driver in each division. You can get together and nominate as a team to drive in your choice of car as long as you have at least 1 driver across all divisions being GOLD SILVER & BRONZE. Looking out there in the land of ROOZ I can see at least 2 that will be getting their drivers together for their teams @MINT_GTR @R0T0R-AU86
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I don't care what day it is held, what tracks are used or the cars that will make up the rest of the field; if the RX7 is eligible its mine!! I wouldn't want to defend my title in any other car :x3::sneaky::giggle:
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Start building your team CAGME...ask around... I am sure you will have plenty willing team mates...it's a sweet car to drive
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I voted for keeping it to 1 bracket of cars.

Would like it to be GT3 cars :D

I voted for real tracks, but after reading Doogles comment I tend to agree, if its a good track why not.

Also, +1 for Sunday nights in off season (since this series isn't exactly short).

Was a lot of fun in the rx7, the idle is the best in the game! However, if the R35 GTR is available, thats what I'll be going for :)
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I think that one of the other defending champs may jump to another factory team :alien:
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'm in this time. Should be fun.
    My vote is for GT300 and GT3. Sundays at real world locations.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

As long as the track doesn't have cones, I'm still getting over it
    Mister_Bond_747 and VARDZ like this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm interested in running the full championship this time, really enjoyed my outings in the last series.
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Who won the gear last series?
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Clevo the titles went to Evilm00n in Bronze 138 points CAGME in silver 130 points and mint in gold and overall champion on 142 points
  18. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    My vote has gone with option A, the inclusion of GT3 cars and the existing GT300 cars. With some initial testing supporting that these cars will be awesome in a series together.

Option D more selection of tracks the better and Sunday night option as that will make it the most available for every one. Bigger grids even more exciting racing!! :thumbsup:

Ummm is that me vardz?!?! :laugh:.....although you almost swayed me to the SLS, the Team RJN GTR will be my factory drive if the GT3s are included in the next series.
    VARDZ likes this.
  19. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I would be keen to run on Sunday nights in the off season. Gt3 cars at real world location.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Get in quick mint with your team as I know there is interest in running the RJN livery from a fellow gold competitor...