AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I'm unfourtantly on windows 8 so i'll find out what drivers i use.Jane's DFGT works on my pc
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    just checked 5.10 drivers so that's odd :confused:
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    if there is a gamepad connected unplug it sometimes that f#$%s with my wheel if i have my ps2 controller plugged in via usb adaptor stops my pedals from working
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    jumping on ac now for few drifty's and have a stab at setting up the server :)
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I advised Colin to back up everything important to an external H/D and format, the fact we couldn't find installed drivers in the Control panel, programs & features to uninstall meant, to me anyway, things were not what they seem inside the box of windows wonder :poop:, which is not uncommon when multiple o/s updates are stacked on top of each other, meaning, Windows 8.1 on top of 8, on top of 7, recipe for driver disaster in my book :thumbsdown:.
    We'll get Colin up and running, just take some messing about first I think;)
    @DoogleDave I believe they are Dave, I downed these not long after logitech announced they were dropping peripheral gaming manufacture & support for the G25/27, some 2yrs ago now.

@Tovey_4saken I'll get on in a tick mate :thumbsup:
    DoogleDave likes this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I played around with the ACserverLauncher.exe earlier and it is very easy to use (@AJ.Scott is this what you have been using ?). The only things I'm not sure of is what settings for the pre-booking mode where we use our custom skins - though I only played around with it for a few minutes.

Here's a short guide I found on the net:
    http://www.raggedracing.com/2014/5/10/setting-up-an-assetto-corsa-multiplayer-server

It creates the server.ini and entry_list.ini files in your cfg/server folder on your PC and you could then just open these one at a time and copy the text and then jump onto the AC server and paste it into the existing files on the server (just clear what is already in these files and paste the new text in). It would sure beat typing it all out one car and skin at a time
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    You got it Dave, that's how I do the Cfg & car lists, ACserverLauncher.exe it's the best way to generate the cfg & car ini files quickly and without errors, it's way too easy :D:thumbsup:. Gave Tovey a lesson on TS he setup the server for Saturday, we're dropping some laps now :p:).
    Pre-Booking, if you are going to have a booked event you must turn off "PICK UP MODE' change 1 to 0, when we run the GUID event it must be off as well, as the GUID's create a pre-booked event, hence you don't need to actually book when you join the server. If you have any more questions just holla :).
    Cheers
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    [​IMG]

you wouldn't believe it unless you just saw it now lol:roflmao:
    KoAStR and AJ.Scott like this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Acid trip man woooohooooooo:rolleyes: :alien:
  12. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i will try this tonight after i have got rid of everything to do with logitech off my computer and see if it hopefully works
    i have my power supply to the wheel plugged into the power board which works perfectly well with the playstation
    when plugged into the pc the wheel sets it self as per normal
    thanks for your effets guys it is most appreciated you are true mates thanks
    DoogleDave likes this.
  13. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    can anyone give the answer in regards to my question about the power board please
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I don't have Logitech Col, but it shouldn't matter about the power cord. I have found that I have problems if my wheels USB cable is not plugged directly into the motherboard though. Don't understand it, but when plugged into the front of the PC it often disconnects itself. It's a pain plugging it into the back all the time but never had an issue with any of those plugs. I'm running Windows 8 also.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  15. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks mate that could be the issue i have a usb hub plugged in via the back of the computer would that work or would i have to directly plug the wheel into the back it self Anon
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/experience-the-assetto-corsa-press-event.94161/

Announced improvements made on the tire model are:
    Blistering: When the tires get too hot, small "heat bubbles" will form, and then little pieces get ripped from the surface of the tire.
    Graining: Very often, this happens when the tires are getting abused, or is a bit too cold for the treatment it get's, it can very easily happen at the start of a race, if the tires are not brought up to correct temperature.
    Tovey_4saken and AJ.Scott like this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi Colin, mate I have a small usb hub on my pc too, but I make sure my wheel is plugged directly into the back of the tower along with my pedals, I use the usb hub for my Handbrake and button box, this way I know I have a fully powered and direct access to the motherboard via the usb port. Ive had usb issues with my headset, sometimes they drop out and I have to unplug them, shut down replug them in a restart the PC then they work again.
    Seeing as your wheel is going through the start up motions, I would say it's working fine, just need to get those v5.10 drivers installed properly and working, if you want a hand with it tonight send me a text after work, see what we can do. :thumbsup:

Cheers
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Don't use the hub Col. Plug him straight into the tower.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I just went to go change the server from 22 laps down to 12 but my sub account came up blank no connection to rooz server at all :confused: not sure what i've done there lol

Edit:lap amount fixed i just used main account sub does not work also there were new icons on the game services section? Steam and a file share thing o :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I'll check it out mate, and change lap distance :)