AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    No need to apologise Colin, as I said I have the LGS v5.10 drivers and have upped them to my MEGA page, here is the download link below. If anyone else needs these go for it, they where the last drivers produced for the Logitech wheels AFAIK

https://mega.co.nz/#!K41ykSJA!xC3aIYWtoeOYZULFerXRwwjz3pSpEdzqDMN8Eu1ehmw

There is x64 and x32 drivers in the zip file, these are the same drivers that are used for the G25 and G27 as all logitech wheels run the same basic drivers as best as I can ascertain from their web site:thumbsup:.
    Install them and let me know how it works.:)
    Something that has baffled me slightly though, is that your drivers must be installed or Logitech profiler would not be working, as it is part of the drivers installation software, so Im at a loss as to why your pedals didn't configure or show up on Sunday.
    Anyway, install the drivers and let me know how it goes, and if you need help I will help, just TXT me after work OKAY:D don't be a stubborn old fart like me :roflmao::laugh:;)

Cheers
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Good news guy's phillip island is pretty much finished now just need some beta tester's to find all the bug's and holes and what not :) i will be sending it through PM this time because there may have been a leak on the other tracks.and don't want to get in :poop: :roflmao: so i'll fix my last known bug (car's spawning on pit garage roof even though it has no physics :confused:) and then send this puppy out :thumbsup:
    DoogleDave, AJ.Scott and Anon666 like this.
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    @colin-50_ if you follow these instructions this should get your wheel up and running.

Once you have installed the Logitech Game Software make sure your wheel is plugged into your PC and run the Logitech program.
    The following window will show up:
    [​IMG]
    Go to Options | Global Device Settings and set the following settings (as below):
    [​IMG]

Once you have set these, close the profiler and run Assetto Corsa.
    Once you get to the main menu go to Options | Controls which should take you to this window:
    [​IMG]

Because there is no preset for the DFGT wheel you will have to manually assign your wheel, throttle, brake, (not clutch), and handbrake (choose one of the PS buttons (I use the circle)).

To assign then use your mouse and click on the steering where it says "click to assign", it will prompt you to turn your wheel.
    When you do so you will see it picks it up and lists the Logitech DFGT in the steering field.

NOTE: you can use the slider underneath to set how far the wheel turns.
    You can set it to 900 degrees (as you did in the Logitech profiler) but I actually prefer to have it set on 550 or 600 degrees in-game.
    Otherwise, I would just set it to 900 and leave it at that.
    OR you can save numerous different profiles and just have different settings (as I have, one for 550 and another for 600 degrees)

Do the same for throttle - when you click on the "click to assign" you will see this show up:
    [​IMG]
    When you see this, press the accelerator on your DFGT pedals and it will pickup that this is your gas pedal.

You may find that once it does this the action is reversed (as in when the pedal is OFF it shows as 100%)
    [​IMG]

To correct this tick the "invert" checkbox and it will change it around (so 100% shows when you push the gas pedal DOWN to full)
    [​IMG]
    The invert only needs to be done IF the throttle shows 100% when you're NOT touching the gas pedal.

You can then move onto doing the brake and follow the same process as you did for the accelerator.

The clutch can be left as the DFGT doesnt have one so it will auto-clutch for you when you change gears (unless you want to set a button on your wheel to use as a manual clutch - personally I'm happy for it to auto clutch for me).

The handbrake can be set to any button (I use the circle).

In the shifters tab you can choose your gear up and gear down (I use the paddle buttons behind the wheel for this (not the stick shifter).
    NOTE: you can ONLY use one or the other, not both (as far as I know).

The secondary tab is all the miscellaneous button settings - lights, horn, wipers, look left/right etc, so just click to assign and press the button on the wheel that you wish to use for that task.

Then you can move onto the Advanced tab and setup the force feedback etc.
    These are the settings I generally use, though feel free to play around with them.
    [​IMG]
    I find the gain on 90% is pretty good - anything up near 100% and you get quite alot of vibration on some tracks that are bumpy down straights etc.
    Leave filter and damper on 0%...you dont need these.

I also have the brake gamma set a little past 1.00 so the initial braking isn't so strong but the more I push the pedal the stronger it gets (but feel free to play around with this).

Once you have done this you need to save it as a preset, to use whenever you play the game.
    To do this enter a name for the preset (shown as No. 1) and then click save current (shown as No 2)
    [​IMG]
    Once saved it will appear in the "saved controller configurations" area.

So everytime you start the game, open the control options, click on the config you wish to use and then click on "Load selected" (as below)
    [​IMG]
    You will know that it has loaded because it will show you onscreen (circled in red below)
    [​IMG]
    Now you should be ready to jump on track and use your wheel....

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    found this little snippet on this site that makes the ultimate pedals that im interested in.I wonder if that mean's that they are for hire to make a realistic handing car for any game?

http://www.h-engineering.net/products/advanced-vehicle-simulation/

70's 80's and 90's holden's and ford's anyone?:roflmao: if they can do it quick start a kickstarter :p
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @DoogleDave Thanks for posting the info for Colin mate, very much appreciated:cool::thumbsup:
    Interesting thought mate :) I feel a brainstorming session could be in order :p

Getting onto a different topic, I WON'T be able to attend the Monday night events for the next 5 wks as I'm off :cautious: to do a CAD course so I can design the ultimate cockpit ;):thumbsup:. Someone has too :roflmao:
    I'll still be able to set the server up if required, but if one of you guys want's to have a bash at it feel free, I'll help out, we can TS too to make it easier still.
    I was going to suggest a roster scenario were we all admin the server for a week each per month......Thoughts!!
    Seeya's on the blackwood black stuff later.
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    :thumbsup: they make some remarkable products so if they could whip us up a v8 on the cheap hell i'd pay big if it was 1:1 :D

I've read through the pdf and you were right it all is pretty fool proof just always making sure thing's add up :thumbsup: and the GUI is very simple to function.so i should be able to whip something up if need be for monday :D
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I have sent a request over to our aus track master R1CHO for permission to convert phillipisland and also asked if calder park from rf2 unencrpted was possible.So now we wait :) finger's crossed guy's finger's crossed.We should see if one day they want to do a xfactorracing VS raceonoz challenge :thumbsup: could be a hoot :laugh:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    also guy's who is good at writting a very professional email? i'm sure not :roflmao: I'm wondering if we should send an email over to H-engineering asking if they could build us some australian race car's for AC and at what cost.And then either we can pay for it and then charge people a small fee to recoop our cash or get people to join up and donate then only those people get the mod??? just an idea and get a holden and ford from 70's 80's 90's and up if cheap or poll for holden and ford fav????

just a cool idea to get a kunos quality could even be better V8 supercar mod :D
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I'd be thinking more along the lines of Ford, Holden, Nissan, Merc and Volvo, then look into the more nostalgic era's, most simmers would give their left testy :whistling: for a current Oz V8 series, and hopefully would be happy to pay a few hard-earned to have it. Then we could use any extra cash from the V8 mod to contract older model Oz v8's Etc :D, you've got my mental juices flowing Toves :thumbsup:.

Cheers
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    sounds like a plan indeed and the merc and volvo would get more forginers intrested in the project :thumbsup: this could well be the idea of the century and a way to finally get grade A australian sim cars :D and promote it through rooz to get the site more out there to the masses :D
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  11. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thats if can get on the masses 00!
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    My thoughts exactly mate, maybe have a brainstorm session later after I show you the Server setup. I gotta hang some shelves for the Handbrake misses( handbrake doesn't sound right, my misses never stops me from doing my thing :p) guess I got lucky eh!! :D. This could go off mate if done right, TBH I have the capital to pay for the Models, just needs to be a viable project, and the misses would consider it, probably :)

Cheers
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    sounds good brainstorm up some ideas on how to present and where to find supporters :) yeah i got pretty lucky too :D though if i dont find my drill charger and fix the back fence i might be getting some sort of handbrake ripping action haha
    the biggest thing we need is to make sure it's not so much profitable but fair.like i dont want us to part with a ton of cash and be out of pocket just for this.if it can be pulled off to the point were our investment breaks even then thats a win in my eye's :thumbsup:
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    still having a hard time mate? no good at all
  15. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    both ways m8 missus and computer probs
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
  17. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks m8 iwill have alook thanks for that but my problem is the logitech profiler wont for some reason recignise my dfgt and AJ knows all about that but i am not going to go on about it and bore every one to tears ( my problem i will fix it some way even if use a hammer acording to the missus) one day i will get on and by the way i am all for the aaaaaaussie v8s
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    have you tried just setting up the wheel through control panel and completely by passing the logitech profiler?

Controlpanel/Hardware and sound/Devices and printers/ then right click on your wheel/game controller settings/adjust in there try both pedals combined ticked and unticked.If nothing shows up try a different Usb port

if nothing comes up in control panel at all then there is conflicting drivers and for that go to controlpanel/Device manager scroll down to Human interface device click the drop down menu for it and in there should be logitech DFGT USB and logitec DFGT usb (HID) right click both and update drivers if nothing works still then unplug wheel uninstall drivers from there then plug wheel in and windows should install them for you then put your settings in and try again :thumbsup:

Any one of those is a given to work :)
  19. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Having a quick look online it looks like a semi-common problem Colin.

I would suggest checking and trying the following:
    - make sure your "main power" for the wheel is fully plugged into the back of the wheel (and that it is also plugged into your wall outlet fully).
    - if you find the connections weren't in properly try the profiler again.
    - if it still doesnt work, go to your start button | Control Panel and go to Programs | Uninstall a program
    - scroll down until you find the Logitech Gaming Software 5.10, then choose to Uninstall it (accept any prompts it shows).
    - once this is done go to your start button again and in the search field type in regedit then hit Enter
    - when Regedit opens you will want to go to the following location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Logitech
    Gaming Software

Right click on the Gaming Software folder and select Delete

Once deleted, close regedit and then unplug your wheel from the PC, then restart your PC
    Once your PC reboots find your Logitech gaming software that you downloaded and re-install it
    During install it should prompt you to make sure your wheel is connected so when it asks you, plug it into your PC (but if possible use a different USB port than what you did previously (either on the front or the back of your PC).
    Once it finishes installing, open the profiler and HOPEFULLY it will now see your wheel.

Fingers crossed.... :thumbsup:
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @DoogleDave , thanks for the info above Dave.:thumbsup:
    I tried to Un-install the drivers via team viewer, big issue here was there were NO logitech drivers in the Programs & Features list to un-install, so we checked out Program files and found the Logitech folders, one for K/B & mouse the other the 5.10dvrs, but they don't seem to be recognised by Colins system, the drivers that are loading in profiler are the default drivers in windows 8.1, hence the profiler shows a game pad not the DFGT. I can't understand why the PC wont access the 5.10s when there installed, but they don't actually show up as uninstallable...if ya follow me :confused: :D.
    About the only thing I can surmise that could be the issue is windows 8.1 not being compatible with the 5.10 drivers, but even this is a long shot, should be fine logically thinking :cautious: :D

Cheers