AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Damn, you mean I gotta wait another night to run some laps on you're latest masterpiece :roflmao: I'm sure it will be a winner mate :thumbsup: after all you're work and sleepless night's :D

Cheers
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Well i have some good news and some bad news...Bad news when attempting to fix the stupid trees somehow all my terrain got scattered into thousands of bits and some normals flipped some not it's a complete mess and easiest way to fix it is start all over again :cry: which no way could i go through all that again (Curse kunos for not supporting double sided materials!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:) so yep completely pissed off......

Good news is i have a Kn5 saved of the track with all the shading there just not tweaked in some areas,24 pit boxes and race boxes,fully functional track perfect for racing only 2 small bumps only felt by the Cr6 (don't know why f1 was smooth) all set for fun.only bad sides are one section of grass isn't the right shade and most double sided objects eg inside of garage are not fixed so when inside it it's see through outside is perfect so yep :( oh and :):):):)ty tree's!!!!!

so i'll chuck up the file in a few test it out and hopefully it work's well enough to be worthy of the season or untill i find out how to fix this mess i have in my cad
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    found a fix to save the good track :cool: catch is though i have to flip each face one by one so i have about 5000-8000 of them to do :roflmao: which im ok with beats starting again :rolleyes: but first some well needed sleep :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Geeeze mate that's gonna be an epic days effort, dunno where you get the patience. :thumbsup:
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Was over at RD checking out a thread about tuning (thanks Rotor...I think, head still hurting) and decided to have a look around. There is an event on tonight from 7pm in the Lotus Elise at Sentul. Thought I might pop in and say hello to a few other Aussie AC'ers, might be able to bump up our no's for upcoming events. Event info here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...international-circuit-fri-3rd-oct-2014.93666/
    You have a bit to do on RD AJ, do you know these lads? Hope they are OK, got a feeling they are all aliens.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  6. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Oh, so you need to have a license?? Whoops. Forget that then.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah mate, Ive been with RD for some years now, when I first started up with them I was racing NetKar Pro at 3am on Wednesdays, I was an insomniac back then due to heavy meds, was heaps of fun though.
    Chris Stacey is a great guy, he's been putting together the RD races for our time zone, he's a West Aussie too :)
    I've contemplated getting into some races with these guys just to have some mid week fun, I don't know any of those guys, was a long time ago I was a regular with RD. If ya gonna get into some races at RD let me know I'll join you :thumbsup:, maybe poach some RD membs over to Rooz :devilish: :sneaky: :D

Cheers
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, I thought a bit of cross pollination couldn't hurt.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    They've always made you get a license to race on RD, thats fine, it's the having to use ya real name that sucks, most guys use their real 1st name and a bogus surname, but I didn't think about it when I signed up, I'm too honest so Im told :laugh: :speechless:.
    Yeah sounds cool mate, I agree.:thumbsup:

Cheers
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    patience is worn out thin lol this track has been and still is complete hell.I have patched all the holes on the track within the wall's just 3 tiny ones to hunt for but out side the walls i have to redo all the terrain from scratch.If all goes to plan and i just botch up some quick terrain looking at about tomorrow afternoon
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Ive postponed Phillip island for now, brought Oran Park forward a week we're running it tomorrow night instead, so no need to knock yourself out with Phillip to have it ready for tomorrow mate, take your time and get it exactly as you want it, and when it's ready we'll use it then, Im sure the other guys would echo my sentiment. Take the night off & chill Ok :thumbsup: :D
    Cheers
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Glad it got postponed because blender just had a fatal error and i cannot export the track out :eek: so next step is to start from scratch again.Should be 2X easier and quicker this time because i'll know what to look for and not make the same mistakes (fixing mistakes is whats taken so long) :thumbsup: but i'll take a break this weekend and clear my head :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Good to hear mate, all work and no play makes Tovey a tired racer, and you will need to be wide awake for Oran park, I got into the low 1:03's last night, but to maintain those times I had to work the wheel hard as, you don't get much time to rest down the straight before your back into it. I think a low 1:02 is possible for sure for the quicker guys :D

Looks like we'll have to replace Sandown too as it only has 2 working pitboxes, this way you don't feel compelled to fix it before it's race date :p ;) :D. There's plenty of tracks to choose from, see what the others think, I should of been more diligent when I looked at the tracks for the series, lesson learned :).
    Cya on track later mate.

Cheers
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    all refreshed and ready to race :D haven't had any time for prac but hopefully i hit the right numbers tonight :thumbsup: was thinking about the sand down problem maybe we could replace it with baskerville? to still keep it aussie?or if any of the other guy's has a good fit :thumbsup:
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey Guys, Found a neat App on RD thats just been realeased HERE!!, "Ptracker" tracks laps and session times and allows you to send setups to others running the App, there is a server side app "Stracker" that needs to be installed as well, so I will look into that, may have to get Cyrentek to implement that one, as we don't have upload facilities associated with the AU server.

There is another App "HERE" Track map display, which generates a track map of the circuit after you drive it, excellent for getting track maps into the tracks that are missing maps, also handy for those doing track conversions ;) :D

And the tyre temp app has been updated there is now a mini version included, and a few more tweaks, get it "HERE" :D:thumbsup:

Any suggestions for tomorrow nights race by chance? Tovey has suggested the 5spd shopping trolley (Lotus 2-eleven):thumbsup:
    just need a track now, preferably a Kunos one. Might have to do some testing:D :).
    Cheers
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Did some laps on Phillip Island 2013....AWESOME job Tovey, love the detail you've added, really does look mint mate.
    Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    cool apps.guy's are really starting to work this engine out even with no proper documentation :D looking forward to see what we really work out when more stuff is implemented in game :thumbsup: Cheers mate that version was nowhere near as jazzed up as the last version i have but this new version should beat that even again :D.

what track did we fall onto for the mighty soap box racer lol :p
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Magione mate, I did a few laps yesterday, the 2-11 is a :poop: car to get setup, doesn't like corners at all :roflmao: should be an interesting 3 races.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    cool don't think I've driven there before so should be interesting.Haha that's because it's a soap box racer all downhill haha i reckon heap of rake front camber and soft rear roll bars and it'll turn :) just wrapped up phillip in blender :thumbsup: so now i have a week to chill and get shading spot on and have another crack at trackside sounds :laugh:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  20. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    sorry mate wife issues had speak open its wonder you could not hear the conversation and i do appoigise for any inconvenience i will not bother you again sorry and no it would not download them and will try and sort it out myself some how or just not race ASSETTO CORSA
    thanks for all you help anyway m8