PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Dead set, it can't be any clearer I've cut and pasted the appropriate info, I've given you the link, and here it is again

3. The track limits are in most cases fairly well marked. The general rule is 2 wheels must be inside the white line on the track edge/on the ripple strips. Any advantage gained from exceeding these limits must be nullified or post race penalties will be applied. The in game penalty system so far has only been tested to a small extent, and by the looks of it it is a 3 strike system over the entirety of the event. Any more than 3 track cutting incidents - be they in practice, qualifying or the race - may result in a drive through, a heavy time penalty or DSQ. As you may have read, there seems to be some glitches with the in game system, so your best bet would be to just avoid cutting the track as much as possible to avoid any penalties.

Do you not understand this, if you can't then you have issues mate, you obviously don't read what has been presented to you and can't admit that you are wrong, read my posts again SLOWLY and CAREFULLY, read the links SLOWLY and CAREFULLY it's all there, if you can't comprehend the driver honesty part that has been mentioned to you several times then I don't think anyone would want to be on track with you as you don't seem to want to understand what is being explained to you, and you keep trying to legitimise behaviour that is in direct violation of the rules presented to you, not to mention a big middle finger to the spirit in which we compete, seriously I have run out of patience with you on this issue FFS stop jerking us around.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  3. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i have no comment other then this video
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  5. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    i'm still looking for more to post lol
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  6. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    but yes fav band lol
  7. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    in the first minutes of the song lol @SuiCid3
  8. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
  9. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    get that into ya lol
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  11. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    it's the part
    "you better step 10 paces back or you'll be laying where your shoe laces at"
    lol sorry for spelling mistakes lol
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    go do what your muma told ya don't be acting like a punk thinking your a sol
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Foot what the :):):):)!!! Your ruining the argument that is going on
    seth123, SuiCid3 and SamCham1095 like this.
  14. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    this beats the div 6 rant from last week
  15. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    my bags (on your chin) lol :p
    nah some people didn't read all the rules by the look of things lol
    it's my 2 cents VIA song lol
    SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  16. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    @Fastboysmith lol
  17. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
  18. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    @CobMcCool that's not exactly what I had in mind when I said a constructive debate. Once again all you have done is posted something said it is clear, told me I am wrong, giving the middle finger to everyone and you don't want to race with me.

You are accusing me of driving dishonestly, cheating or outside the spirit of the game by intentionally not having two wheels on the track at the exit of Eau rouge to gain an advantage and that I would be excluded from the race. I don't think I am doing any of those things. From talking to and watching other players the quickest way through Eau rouge is to open up the corner by exceeding the track limits to the left (like the entry to the chase at bathurst where people exceed the track limits) then clipping each kerb on the way through. In the video I didn't do that I made a mistake and I think I was slower through there because of it as the game physics penalise you, at best it would be a tenth or two quicker. Yet you seem to be saying I have unlocked some special 3 sec advantage by doing this.

I have asked for some clarification and all I keep getting is read this, read that and if I want to be pedantic I could point out that rules that include the words "in most cases", "in general", "best bet" and "as much as possible" are not exactly clear.

I am confused as to how these rules are to be interpreted, is it ok to exceed the track limits on entry but not exit? What happens when two people exceed track limits? What is repeatedly exceeding track limits, 4 corners in one lap, the same corner on 4 consecutive laps, or the same corner 20% of the time. I am not trying to be difficult I am looking for guidance and to be honest I would expect more assistance from senior members rather than this is how we do it here and your stupid if you don't understand. Did you watch the videos I suggested? People are well outside the track limits and nothing was said.

If the takeaway from this that before each race a track guide with video example is produced outlinng what is and isn't acceptable and what you need to do to readdress and there was an opportunity to ask questions pre race, for example if it is ok to exceed the track limits to the left on the entry to Eau rouge but if at any stage you don't have two wheels inside the White lines excluding the kerb after the first kerb on the right you have to lift for one full second on the following straight, that would be fine and everyone would know where we stand.

If you don't have the patience or inclination to explain the situation that's fine don't' post on the topic, I am happy to discuss this with other senior members or mods, offline if required.

To others reading this posts I am sorry if you are not interested and apologise for taking up space in the thread (it would be easier if we had a seperate forum and this could have its own topic) but I am being accused of dishonest, cheating etc which I strongly disagree with and I am trying to understand how severe penalties will be issued because at the moment I don't.
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Holy crap, was that video a ROOZ sanctioned event?!? I'm kind of glad I haven't been able to make it for these races...looks like a bloody demo derby!!
    I did have a giggle at that video though. Pouhon is supposed to be taken on the INSIDE of the white lines...the same with Blanchimont and Eau Rouge. Repeat after me...INSIDE THE LINES, INSIDE THE LINES...woosah...and I'm done.

Honestly, if anyone who has watched that (or participated in that) and doesn't think that the driving standards were absolutely bludgeoned to within an inch of their life, then I think you should probably try Burnout or Need for Speed or something, because clean racing ain't your thing.

I don't even remember things being this bad when we first started out in that god awful yellow Audi all those years ago!
    Did something happen whilst I've been frolicking in the delights of unpaid overtime? Wow...I'm kind of confused on this one! Maybe we should have a 'driving test' before allowing people to race with us here in ROOZ hahahaha, @CobMcCool you can be the judge mate, I love your straight down the line, no bull:):):):) attitude...and your excellent understanding of rules and regs! High five mate :) if you were the driving standards adjudicator, this kind of thing wouldn't happen.
    SuiCid3 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  20. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    keep two wheels on track at all times
    RACING 101 VERY BLACK & WHITE MATE
    if you see someone else do it then report them to room cap or mod team
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.