Division 3 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

I did 11 laps on my quali lol and made to 2nd after your disconnect lol I ain't gonna lose my position so easily was all I was thinking hahaha nice push Gary, gotta give it to ya some time next lol
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    haha, i saw the little "nudge", and it just pushed you right into the bloody lead!
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, enduro round this week starting a little earlier.

Qual at 7:50 EDST

Race start 8:00 EDST

I will get the division captains to message on PSN as well

Stu
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

For the love of jefe buzz, can we adhere to this regardless of DC or no shows? I would love to start a race on time for once!
  6. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
  7. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I'm surprised to finish where I am after minimal practice. Pretty much an uneventful race for me. Did have an off into the sand after Ven bumped me a number of times after he recovered from a spin, which unsettled me and I missed the braking point. Seems like he couldn't see me. Otherwise, it was just keeping on the track and filling up fuel (ended with about 2L left).

Ven ended up fighting with gary for 3rd, but even if Ven didn't d/c, he would have needed to pit as he didn't have enough fuel.

Code:
       PSN           Time       Fastest
    01 sidfire1    1:28:01.685  2:07.072  (pole)
    02 ROOZ_Miki       +11.023  2:08.220
    03 garyw61         +38.520  2:07.650
    04 disturboed    +1:12.056  2:09.101
    05 X-3vi1m00n    +1:39.120  2:09.549
    06 mmm_homebrew  +2:07.591  2:08.714
    07 hsv_butters   +2:20.135  2:09.599
    08 daninline6      (-1)     2:10.492
    09 VENDALISM       DNF (-4) 2:08.174  (D/c lap 36)
    10 Rumbleshorts    (-33)    2:15.477  (parked)

Code:
    Fastest lap
    01 2:07.072 sidfire1      
    02 2:07.650 garyw61       
    03 2:08.174 VENDALISM     
    04 2:08.220 ROOZ_Miki     
    05 2:08.714 mmm_homebrew  
    06 2:09.101 disturboed    
    07 2:09.549 X-3vi1m00n    
    08 2:09.599 hsv_butters   
    09 2:10.492 daninline6      
    10 2:15.477 Rumbleshorts

8. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Guys, what a race! its one of my best races as yet and my first ROOZ Enduro win!

Here's my report:

Pre race preparation:

Over the week , I had practiced courtesy of all you div1 and div2 guys, - I started out first with lap times of 1:09's and 10's but then over the week started getting 1'08's consistently. But practicing my lines further following Mustafur (such a treat!) - helped me immensely. I was confident before the start of Race - I was consistent in 1'07 - 1'08's :)

Race Day:

The moment has arrived. It was time to qualify - entered room no problems. Nice and Early - before qualify began all was good. We were 10 racers in the room.

Qualifying :

I had really good hot lap - I qualified 1st with a 2'07'4 something :))))) it was great. And that was enough to put me in pole.

Race time:

Good start off the grid. Carried the momentum through the first corner without any issues and on top of my racing line all the way through to the first pit stop with Gary behind me.

Laps 1- till first pitstop : I was leading with Gary so close behind that at one point we were side by side at the first corner. I pushed quite hard to try and keep away and not let any loose ends and give it away easily - if i was a b spec driver at this point my mental strength would have been set to 100% ! After the 5 laps of close circuit racing with Gary - somehow managed to pull away from him slowly - lap after lap. My lap times were consistent 1'07's and 1'08's at the start.

Gary was followed by Miki again who again did a fantastic job both driving and race strategy wise.

I waited till Gary behind me pitted first - somewhere damn I don't remember it was lap 16 I think??

And I pitted the next lap.

First Pitstop - second Pitstop -(Lap 26):

I came out of my pitstop with Gary in front with a whooping 18 second lead.

I knew I had to make the most out of it , with my mental strength set to 100% again.
    Laps sector by sector - I was slowly gaining on Gary - like sometimes it was 1second, and sometimes .500 .. and I kept it on track thank goodness~!

Finally I caught up with Gary on lap 24 I think - waiting waiting waiting - laps 23 -26 - I wasnt pushing hard as much and when I had the chance to pass Gary on the straight I actually held back just deciding to follow him instead :) My strategy was to follow him till the pits lol

Finally big red Gary pitted on lap26 or 27 I think and i followed him. I filled more than a little bit of half tank, by the time Gary sped off again and woah I came out of the pits to find myself trailing at 14seconds again! .

The fun starts:
    Lap 27- THE END.

Lap by Lap - the 14 seconds lead Gary had was getting smaller and smaller. I was able to catch him eventually when he pitted again.
    AGAIN? I thought.. Gary that was a killer pit stop gave the lead to me. I had no reason to pit this time and just kept at it the final few laps with a - I think 5-6 second lead with MiKi catching up to me every sector.

I made it home.

I made it.
    Yes.

Victory yet again. Thanks all :) great fun !

Autumn Ring Reverse is next. See you there.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good Job sid 100% mental effort there LOL.
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great driving sid! I was trying my guts out, just managing to stay on the back of you for the first 5 or 6 laps, but scraped the wall in the first tunnel, and it was enough for me to drop off.

It all turned to poo for me after lap 27 unfortunately. First, I forgot to put petrol in on my 2nd pitstop, so had to pit again to top up. I then came out of the pits, straight in to a battle with ven. We went around turn 1 side by side, and I thought I had left plenty of room for him on the outside, but I saw him go off in to the sand. I didnt feel any touch, but decided to stop and wait for him anyway. Sorry if I forced you off ven.

A couple of laps later ven disconnected (shocking bad luck mate, after 36 laps), and the lag spike punted me in to the tunnel wall again, leaving me with damage. All this was enough for sid to get about 50 seconds ahead. I think I managed to pull it back to 38 seconds in the end, but it was too late.

Well done to miki for second too, he was not far behind in the end too.
  11. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

I saw it in the replay Gary , :eek: you not only waited for waited for Ven but let him pass you, a gentleman driver that you are Im not surprised,,, either way you did not touch him at all. SAW that lag too bad luck mate!! Could have been a real close one if not for that including your third pitstop.
  12. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was pretty happy with my 4th spot considering the absolute zero practice I was able to get in during the week. I had every intention, but things just kept getting in the way.

I entered the room feeling very stressLESS this time around, as I joined up FIRST attempt and not only that, but I could "see" everyone else in the room, no loading bars!!! BRILLIANT!! Quali was literally just starting, so my first turn of the wheel on the track was trying to nail a quick lap!!!

I knew I wouldn't get anywhere near the front and sure enough, a good 2.5 seconds off the final pole pace put me back into 7th on the grid. I got a decent start and passed Vend who had done a Gizbergen or something and forgot to put it into gear. I pulled alongside homebrew and managed to sneak past him at Turn 1. Up 2 spots by Turn 2. Bargain.

Tucked in behind moon, I was trying to formulate some sort of strategy in my head on the fly. Coming out of the 3rd tunnel, I remembered my lines from taking this section of the track in the 86, and stuck to the right of the right hander out of the tunnel, and then floored it all the way around the left hander and up the hill to the right. This gave me a lot of extra speed over moon, and I planned to outbreak him into the hairpin at the bottom of the hill, but he ran wider than me on the corner before so I was able to get past him before that.

I was now into 4th and I just wanted to try and consolidate my top 5 position, I knew I didn't have the outright pace the guys up front had. I was pulling a good gap to 5th spot, with the guys up front scooting away, and then I saw a car arrow start to get close again. Oh CRAP, I forgot about Ven! Carving his way back up the field. I pitted at the end of lap 14, and filled the tank to capacity. Thinking about it during the rest of the race, I should have not filled it completely, as it put too big of a gap between me and the next guy.

Second stint was very uneventful for me, quite lonely. Back in to 5th spot after the pit stop. Pitted again end of lap 27 and fell back a few more spots, but picked them up again a few laps later. Was catching Dan a few laps in, and got within several car lengths of him, and thought, beauty! time for a battle, but he did a nice 360 piroutte coming out of the second tunnel into the sand, so I sailed past without having the chance to dice him.

From there I just thought it was 5th place, and then poor ol' Ven gets BAM, d/c's and promotes me into 4th. But if he WAS going to run out of fuel anyway, I suppose it would have been REAL close. In the end I had a couple litres left after splashing 10L in at the second stop.

Good race, well done to Sid, Gary and Miki. Autumn Reverse is going to be a handful, practice practice practice!
  13. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    Gary,

All good....

No contac was made.

For the first time in my two years of racing in gt5 I had a disconnection form lobby server.Prior to the disconnection I had experienced unusual car behavior when trying to turn the car.I have raced a fair amount of people in my gt5 time and I must congratulate you on your sportsmanship manner as there would only be a hand full of racers like you.

I never practice for the races on raceonoz as I dont understand and never will the concept of racing early model dealership cars on race circuits hence why this was my 5 th ever road car race. But I do enjoy your competitive and clean racing, so I hope I can keep my self inspired to race a very underpowered dealership car on race circuits

Congratulating you on your podium finish. Good drive Gary !

Cheers Archie
  14. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    The car doesn't make the racing, it's the drivers! Thats why I've been here from the start. I've had some pretty ordinary results, and then I've had some great results too. For myself personally, it doesn't need to have slick tyres and a roll cage to be a great racer.

Although we may not drive high HP beast race cars every season, the competition is what drags you back! :lol: :cool:
  15. hsv_butters

hsv_butters Ash Gold Member

PSN ID
    hsv_butters
    I kinda know how you feel Ven. I personally felt a lot more comfortable in the GT500 class Nissan we used last season.
    The dealership car is good for a change, but I'm really looking forward to next season with a proper race car.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just a gentle reminder about this

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4978

Please get your names in and be involved. Remember its not the winner that gets the prize, its a lottery so you have to be in it to win it.

A lot of leagues would give both nuts to have the sponsors that we do, so please help us support them by getting involved

Cheers
    Stu
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

well its hard to please everyone, we used the ZR1 vette RM in S6, which i thought was a beast and awesome but plenty hated it saying it didnt give them enough enjoyment as they were too busy with the car.
    then we use this, which a few dont like as well. i liked the nissan, but felt it was a bit stale at times, this is a completely different challenge.

the never-ending conundrum of picking a season car lol
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Well said Turbo & Z.

It's all about having a good time!!
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Hey Rumble, I will be out this Sunday again. Will you be able to host again?
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I have updated the results. Sorry for the delay.
    Bad news Blue. We need your smooth connection. How about you set up the lounge before you leave and leave your PS3 on all weekend. lol :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.