GT5 TUESDAY NIGHT NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Series proper starts on the 24th, was just lOoking for a test night before hand is all zamps.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, based on last nights test i am going to ditch the safety cay...

Why?????? bunching the field created more problems than it solved, particularly on the oval with worn tires.

So, if Aussie races it will give us a full grid of 16 cars.

I will open the room when I get home from work (about 8) and then qual from about 8:30.

1 lap qually, double file rolling start on the ovals, normal grid start on the road courses.

MICS TO BE SWITCHED OFF !!

50 laps at daytona (race should take about 30 mins)

Race softs only for R1. (will get about 10 laps per set of tires)

With no pace car please do the right thing and redress any incidents ON TRACK. Penalties will be applied if i think they need to be, particularly on the road circuits. (ovals will be a little harder to adjudicate)

Stu
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    More practice tonight or over the weekend?
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah should be able to, would love to get a full grid of the guys racing so we can test the connection in my room.....

Will be on tonight after the footy so will see who is around and run some laps.
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I always thought it be real tough to do a saftey car in GT5. In iracing its all automated, as soon as a full course yellow comes out your not allowed to pass. If you do and dont readress it in a couple of laps you get disqualified.

It could work in GT5 but everyone would have to have a mic on, could imagine without an official yellow coming up on screen you'd get the odd person passing under yellow conditions. It be very tough to police
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Yeah, that's what we found last night Tek. Just too many things to police and i dont want to have to worry about that stuff for this series....is just meant to be a fun thing.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, further to the regs already posted........

Aussie has offered his room if mine is too glitchy. Will see how many show next tuesday and see what its like. If we need to shove over to aussies room we will. If we do move we might lower the number of laps to 40 so it doesnt get too late. a few guys havent been around (snake, neishy, jairo) so not sure if they are going to show......room might not be at capacity so glitching may not be too bad

On the ovals the penalties will be OFF. Just be mindful that the guys using controllers have a big dis-advantage on the ovals. Its much harder there at speed to hold a consistent line through the banked corners, so give each other a bit of room and do your passing on the straights after getting a slip stream. (except zamps, watch him........ he is a bastard, i mean master at the "last lap lunge at the line" :lol: :p :D )

SlipStream will be set to low. (buggered if i know why it was on high last night, am sure i set it to low when i set the room up, think someone may have been pulling my chain and changed it !!!)

On the road courses we will use the RM tires. The car is a beast to use, but using the RH they just dont give enough grip.

I got 8 laps last night from a set of the race Meds, so did zamps. you just need to drive it straight and be a bit more gentle on the throttle than the 86 :p

I know i have said it already, but i just want this series to be a bit of fun. These cars are a BEAST to drive, over powered, under tired and under braked, so go into the races EXPECTING some carnage. Based on last night with 10 on the track and the crashes, it will be more intense with 16 on the track !!!!! Please dont fly off the handle if you get mixed up in a crash. Its normal for nascar !!!!!!!

So,

MICS OFF (col !!!!)

50 laps

RS tires

Penalties OFF

Rolling start

HP max 892 hp

Room open 7.45

Qual 8.30

Race start Approx 8.35 (depending if we have to change to aussies room )

Intensity, aggression and seriousness set to LOW

Enjoyment High !!!!!! (if possible)
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

LOL stu i got 8 laps out of the racing mediums:) it is possible, its just that E and flood were pushing waay too hard to even get 5 laps out of them. i guess for the sake of racing, hards will be the way to go i guess. i had to be really careful to get 8 out of them (still won) but i was going almost 4 seconds a lap slower at the end of the stint so might be a bit boring or too complex for a fun series
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah zamps, i meant RMs, have changed previous post. They were ok on the meds, just had to drive it very straight.

Its a bit more brutal than the vette we used a few seasons a go so if you push too hard you chew through em.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Are you allowed to bump N tow? aka Shake N bake!!!!!! Basiclly you get a teammate and once you get in there slipstream instead of passing them you just keep tapping them forward, like they have been doing alot in the rescricter plate races in NASCAR.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I thought that was the whole point of team racing. ;)
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey stu. I will have to withdraw from the series mate. Work is a little hectic at the moment and my weekends are pretty full, plus I think I'm in over my head trying to race in 3 different comps. Anyways, just write on the leaderboard that I crashed the car in testing and died. Thanks mate, have fun with the rest of the series.
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Oh, and sorry Clevo and Colin. I have let you down. Sorry fellas.
  14. JAIRO-219

JAIRO-219 Jai Heffernan

Let's shake 'n' bake tek.
  15. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yep, defs cant make it tonight, it was "maybe" for a while but no chance now:( pissed as well, daytona wouldve been favourite race of this series:(
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

:lol:
  17. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Sorry to hear Chev :( work is work, and I understand.

Will we keep the same team allocations or be reworked after tonight's revelations?

Col and I fairly green to ROOZ, every other team is well seasoned in my opinion.

Col and I have been practising together so we could be darkhorse on the oval ;)

Your call Stu.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries Chev, shame but you can only do so much ......

Lets race tonight and i will re-evaluate the teams......bit hard 30 mins before the race.......

Leave it with me.
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I'll be posting pics of this series in my photobucket profile. Like I did with S8 D3 pics, I will create a new thread for exposure. Maybe we can convince the admins to create a Race Series Images sub-forum to put threads like that in to (hint) ;)

I have a week off from work so will have plenty of time to grab a ton of pics :)
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

P.S - Run you car in B-Spec race or two. It doesn't matter if you win or not. At least run your car in close to 890BHP so we don't have to gimp 2/3 of the field with the power limiter :(

BTW Stu, I can host and see if it's better next time? Or just make the room no mics to reduce the latency (I am sure I heard a couple of people throughout the race...).

I'll be putting up pics from the race, including some of the eipic spins :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.