Season 3 - Radical SR3-RS Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 1, 2016.

1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Im yet to do any running on Zolder, but in my experience there's no point starting from scratch if you've got a balance that feels good for you - If you evolve your tune from one round to the next then itll get better and better as the season goes on (unless there's a radical change up of track conditions). You'll also find you spend less and less time tuning as the season progresses, because the basic setup of the car is getting more and more in tune with your style. So put in the effort in the first round or two and itll start to pay off with more speed in the business end of the season.

So, start with what you used in the Brno race and then fine tune the basics - tyre pressures, diff ratio and aero to suit the track - that should give an ok starting point.

Then see what, if any, behaviour you need to correct to suit the track specifics (such as bumps and curbs) and go from there...
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Zachery likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah thats my plan spectre. i had great car balance and tunes out the oversteer issues, so just gonna work on getting some more speed on the straights for Zolder this week, without losing too much time in the corners. basically shift the balance a little bit to the straight line speed and should be ready to go.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    My qual lap from Brno if anyone's interested (Div 1 P2 by 0.026sec) - Not my fastest or smoothest lap but it was good enough for the front row. A few mistakes in there which probably cost me another tenth or two...

4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    hey if i set my tune for BRNO while i was in practice on track, will it save as a standard for all tracks or do i have to do it in the garage for that to happen? wanna tweak it tonight for Zolder but really dont want to have to start from scratch again.
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    If you change your tune on track at Brno it will only apply it to Brno... Go into your garage back in the main menu, load up the SR3 with Brno tune and then select save to all circuits - then it'll come up when you load up Zolder in practice mode
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Zachery likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Awesone thanks mate.
  7. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hi guys,

Can I get some help with tuning the car please? I'm pretty useless when it comes to this stuff but you guys seem to know what you're talking about. I've had a read through this thread but haven't really found anything definitive. Thanks in advance.
  8. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    It comes down to each persons driving style.

But if you start by dropping tire pressures a bit. Throw 5-10laps in and have a look at pressures. Find a balance. Dont let them exceed 110degrees. 90-100 I find to work for me.

Lower camber a little. Specially on the rear.
    Drop front wing to 1. Rear wing to the lowest level possible that u can drive with..
    dj2ca likes this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks mate. I'll give that a shot and see how my times look at Zolder before/after.
  10. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    There's a couple of base setups for the SR3 on www.projectcarssetups.eu/ which are a good place to start, but the base tune on this car is half decent as well.

As per @MrF1 post above start with lowering the tyre pressures, other basic changes are setting the diff ratio to suit the top speed on the longest straight and then start playing with the aero to suit the track type (e.g. low downforce for Monza and high downforce for Monaco for example). They're the basic settings that will tune the car to suit the particular track and the track conditions.

Post up any issues you're having and we'll try to give you some ideas to correct them.
    dj2ca likes this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks for that link, that'll probably prove to be very useful! You seem like a great bunch of guys, I'm very glad I found this community.
    Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.
  12. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    We accept cash or paypal
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

If anyone's keen to run a full length practice race tonight i'll get one going after 9 AEST.
    dj2ca likes this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You can count me in, just sent you a friend request on PSN.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Will be on after Parker, Takam fight.
  16. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Well. Zolders done and dusted.
    Onto Sakitto.
    I downed some laps with Stew and others last night. From a tuning bases there isn't much to do to the car other then up tire pressures slightly and lower rear wing IMO.
    We were well into the 1.04s after a few laps.
    I expect fast guys to drop a 1.03 without a sweat.
    webnomad likes this.
  17. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Expect the fast guys to be in the 1:02s
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Like you ;) I'm watching your pace vh
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

That's just his humble way of saying I'm doing 1:02's ;)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i think in pre season testing i was in the 3s.......only did a handful of laps last night on race fuel and ran a 4 dead.....Is more in it for sure, just need to work out how to settle down the rear tire temps....