Season 2 track discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Dec 31, 2015.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I like Oulton and Snetterton too.
    TheJuzzy and pykeybraa145 like this.
  2. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Typical touring car tracks
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    As soon as some of the other mods are back on deck we will be discussing all the points everyone has raised. But people have real lives too, and we cannot be expected to be trawling these threads 24/7 especially at this time of year with people having plenty of functions, family visiting, and trips away etc...

So things will be addressed in due course, and on behalf of the mod team I apologise if you feel your issues aren't being addressed in a timely manner that satisfies your needs, but we have real lives too.

And as Ad2mny said please can everyone keep this on track discussions.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, Am back from holidays and slowly trying to get back on top of things......am going off topic here slightly, so sorry, bear with me.....

TBH i dont have enough game time to make a call on the Tune / No-tune set up so have really left AD and Clevo holding the baby here, but as has always been the case WHATEVER decision is reached there is always people who dont agree with it. If you decide to race with whatever is decided please dont fill the pages with whinging that you dont like it....we are damned if we do and damned if we dont. As clevo said, we are all guys with real lives trying our best to keep everyone happy, and if that means we have to work around the game a little then so be it.

We also reserve the right to change / adjust / modify the rules and regs during a season if there is a clear reason for doing so. It has been done in the past (twice i think in GT6), and if there is cause to do it again then we will. This may happen due to an update coming through that changes something in the game, or a clear issue that can only be resolved by adjusting as we go. Given this platform / game is young by ROOZ standards, it is something that we will monitor as we go. That said, it wont happen if people just disagree with the path we take in the best interest of the majority. If you really dont like what we come up with, then you know the drill......and anyone that has been here a while know that i try to be as inclusive as i can.

Overall, please respect that everyone has the right to put forward an opinion, it doesnt give anyone a reason to attack them for it. It also doesnt mean that that opinion will form part of what we do here, that also doesnt give anyone the right to attack us for it.

Back on topic, Traditionally we try to use tracks that have a connection with the cars that are being used, keep them coming and we can test them as a group to see that they work......Now to go and vote for a car !
  5. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Please accept my apologise for my whine. :unsure::unsure:
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Not accepted.
    You should know better!

;)
    Beau_Albert and agolfer78 like this.
  7. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Sakitto International is a cracker in the merc.
    Clevohead, SuiCid3 and VARDZ like this.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Is that the one we ran last night?
    Night race there feels great. Track is well lit with enough darkness to make it that little bit intimidating.
    Definitely a rip off of Suzuka, but I like it!
    (Suzuka's one of my favourites :thumbsup:)
    Clevohead likes this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Is that the track that starts on the back straight of the GP track??
  10. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    It's the one where you turfed it into the pits lol
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Yeah mate
    VARDZ likes this.
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    My suggestions
    • Caldwell (yes it is narrow in parts but it will reward consistency)
    • Sakitto international ( 2 great overtaking opportunities - getting out of the final corner slowly will cost you big time & turn 2-3)
    • Nurburgring GP ( have to as Mercedes is a major sponsor of the track)
    • Watkins GP ( rewards being brave at the bus stop. have to consistant on corner exit.. plenty of straight for slip stream passing
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    LOL!

I was given a drive through for jumping the gun. No idea on the track and was going a bit fast, hit a barrier that was jutting out a bit and slammed into the wall. I think then hit damaged the car, otherwise it was another glitch, but throttle/brake wasn't working after that.

Which track was the Suzuka rip-off?
    I vote for that track.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Sakitto
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'm confused.

My pit dilemma was at another track then...
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Road America
    Oulton Park Island

Enjoyed those two last night.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

OP says season 1 tracks are not up for selection so road america is out. Are you sure it was road america because surely the merc just bounces off the rev limiter for most of the back straight?
  18. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Is there an ETA on track selection? It's not long now until season kicks off is there?
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

There's heaps of time generally divisions are announced before tracks and the track list has been announced as late as the friday prior to the meet and greet (Sunday before round 1) on more than one occasion.
    VARDZ likes this.
  20. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Over the last few days i have driven the 190E across all the tracks in the game (bar the DLC and tracks used in season 1). As i mentioned previously, my ideal track list would look a little something like this: Donnington GP, Oulton Park International, Nurburgring National (aka GP/D for those who know it better from GT6), snetterton 300, Silverstone International (not the full GP circuit, but the shorter version using the modern GP pits), Hockenhiem GP and Sonoma Short (the one used for the Ginetta quali lap). I think these tracks will really give a good mix of racing ans they all have a good mix of corners.

The other night i was online doing testing with @Giant slayer and @stucar17 . We drove around Silverstone Stowe, and whilst it's one of my personal favorites for a track, we all came to the conclusion that it is to small and quali dependent, even for a sprint round. I also came to this conclusion when racing at Cadwell Park and a Willow Springs: Horse Thief Mile (another one of my personal favorites there). Those sorts of tracks work well with smaller and less powerful cars, and also the track width is questionable on both to be able to have side by side racing comfortably.

The final track to make mention of is Sakitto. I must say, i am not a fan of this track at all for a couple of reasons. 1. i find the idea of racing a rip off of a well know and well liked track a little frustrating as most of the circuit feels the same, but some things have had to be changed and personally it throws my whole balance/rhythm off. secondly, the predominantly suggested international version of this is a circuit i can never get a feel for. Spoon corner and 130R backwards just dose not feel right. The tight complex to come back on yourself i also find very frustrating, especially in the 190E. i just don't like the feel and flow of that sort of track, especially in the 190E