Season 2 track discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    What are the tracks
    seth123 likes this.
  2. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    No Track list has been confirmed yet.
    seth123 likes this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Bathurst 1000 7 times
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What happened to the hollywood hills?
    seth123 likes this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    No one elected 47 Lamborghinis
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will be on tonight to try all these.....all welcome
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well this would be my ideal track list.

1) Sonoma short
    2) Snetterton 300
    3) Watkins glen short (sprint round)
    4) Donignton gp
    5) Brands hatch gp Edit: Make that hockenheim international completely forgot about that track.
    6) Brno
    7) Oulton park international (enduro)
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  8. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    Try nurburg gp
    seth123 likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Oh I've tried it. It's just that PCars offers plenty of new amazing tracks and feel the overused GT6 tracks should be avoided for atleast another season.
    Clevohead, VARDZ, SuiCid3 and 4 others like this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Whos up for tonight... No point watching the worst team in BBL history!!!
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is so many good tracks will be hard to select 7 without leaving some crackers out.....agree though, even though there are some GT6 cross over tracks that work well i agree having a small rest from them for a season would be good !

Will try to nail these down by the middle of this week with the help of clevo and ads.....
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Time to start another discussion...... Although never set in stone the 5 45 min races, sprint and 90 min enduro season format has been pretty much standard for the past 7 seasons I've been apart of ROOZ Sunday league.

Without a doubt that format has worked great in GT6 but I'd like to see one change made for PCars Sunday league. I'd like to see the sprint round dropped. In GT6 the sprint round typically offered softer compound tyres, the ability to push the car to the limits without fear of wearing out tyres and hope for the slower drivers in each div with the 2nd race being reverse grid. This doesn't translate well to PCars as tyre compounds can't be restricted therefore tyres will remain the same as other rounds. The difference in lap time between fresh and worn tyres is minimal giving little incentive to drive at anything other than the limit and reverse grid is not easily achieved meaning the slower drivers in each div will once again be left behind.

If the sprint round were to be dropped what would take its place? Arguably PCars' dynamic and vast weather options is its greatest asset and given that this feature is absent in the upcoming sim alternative (Asseto Corssa) and poorly implemented in gran turismo it would be ashame if this feature wasn't taken advantage of. I'd like to see at least one race each season in which there is wet weather of some form. Whether this be fixed, a transition from dry to wet or varying intensities the options are endless. Regardless of the specific weather options chosen it would definetley mix things up a lot more than what a sprint round currently offers.
    emuegg11, Spidey_11, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    This is something i will definitely be talking to ads and clevo about mate, i agree with you.

I am becoming more convinced that the sprint wont work as we did in GT5/6, however it could "possibly" have worked with the second race having a formation lap to get everyone in position.....That said, have been thinking about what we could do different, as you say we could have a "wet round", we could have another enduro (2 in total) , or we could even have 1 round where tuning was available for a change up. Something to consider over the next few days.
    SuiCid3 and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Sounds good just keep in mind it's a little more than a formation lap required to provide a reverse grid. Lap times are required to be set in reverse order I.e. Winner sets slowest lap, loser sets fastest lap.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Couldnt we just add 1 lap to the race and use that to get the reverse grid set based on the previous race? ? Or am i missing something...
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Nope order is either random or that based or qualifying times. Results of previous race have no bearing on next.
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    You could just add 1 lap to the total lap count, and on the parade/formation lap the drivers can put themselves in reverse order.
    However a fairer way to do it so no jump starts go unpunished, is what CAGM said and in Qualifying for Race 2, assign everyone a 'Qualifying lap' in reverse order to where they finished. Higher up you finish in race 1 gives you a slower quali time. Lets say race 1 cagm wins, i come 2nd and stu comes 3rd, in qualifying for Race 2 Stu would be asked to set a lap of around 1:30, i need to do a 1:35 and Cagm needs to do a 1:40 and then we start the race under normal conditions in a reverse order to where we finished in Race 1.

Just an idea. To add, i'd rrather see the sprint round go.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

It's not hard to do you just do qualifying. On the outlap get into finishing order. Once crossed the line for timed lap get into reverse order and your lap times will automatically be in correct order if your tightly bunched when going into timed lap and spread out by say 2s when crossing timed lap.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    If the sprint does go why not add a 60 min race... it would be a race where you may have to stop for tyres or you may not have too.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Anyone know if the pit glitch has been fixed yet?