Season 2 track discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Dec 31, 2015.

1. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

So tunings out?
  2. agolfer78

Ah I see tuning is out. Ill be pulling out.
  3. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah guys we are trying to bring PCars inline with GT6 with the no tuning rule. I understand the confusion as at the start of planning it was assumed it would need to be tuning. I will confirm with the PCars active mods but as it stands ATM I believe it is a no-tuning series. @Clevohead @stucar17 can you guys please weigh in here.
    Clevohead and TheJuzzy like this.
  5. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    any corner on any circuit is liable for contact between vehicles, both versions of the circuit are somewhat suitable to this car, however using the shorter version we are likely to lose a prime overtaking spot going into the turns 5/6/7 complex,
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

With no tuning we will have to rule out an enduro as a pit stadegy can not be selected so when you pit you will just drive through with no fuel or tyres
  7. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Did some testing early this morning, did roughly 5 or so laps to get the tyres warmed up, and then about a further 7-8 laps (about a tank of fuel using no tunning). Tested at Donnington GP, that is awesome fun once the tyres are warmed up. the esses section is lots of fun in the car, and then if you can stick behind the car in front through the esses then there is some prime overtaking spots coming into the chicane and then the final 2 hairpins.

Tested at Oulton Park International (the full long one), that is awesome fun to drive. the car feels great around there and the chicanes and the banked hairpin are prime overtaking spots.

Tested at Nurburgring short/national, and that also is great for racing in that car. lots of great overtaking spots and the corners suit the car really well.

Finally tested at the full hockenhiem circuit. lots of fun in the merc, but the car does just top out down the main straight, but i don't necessarily think that's to much of an issue because the track generally promotes overtaking racing those cars.

Did also think that tracks like snetterton would be good, perhaps the 200 circuit for the sprint round. Also thinking perhaps tracks like sonoma short, willow springs horse theif mile (one of my personal favorite tracks and i think perhaps perfect for the sprint round), and silverstone international, or even silverstone national or stowe (stowe more likely to be a sprint round circuit imo).

@VARDZ i also noticed you mentioned Cadwell Park, personally I'm not sure it would work for wheel to wheel racing as i notice the track is rather narrow, but i agree its roughly the right length to suit the car
  8. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    When the car feels "that good" in stock tune at every circuit, why would you have it any other way? It's best for everyone and no one gets an advantage.

Tis what real sport is all about.. Bring on a great season! ;)
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    No need for no tune diva talk guys. It'll be good racing either way, dropping out is just silly stuff. You know that you'll all be here either way when push comes to shove.
  10. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Sook !
    SPL Racing, TDZdave and Beau_Albert like this.
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    My picks would be

Silverstone gp, or national for sprint round
    Nurburgring gp
    Brands hatch gp
    Sonoma short
    Oulton park international
    Donnington gp
    Catalunya gp
    Laguna Seca
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    We done Laguna Seca and Nurburgring last season.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

No tuning gives people random fuel levels at start of races as well, Im happy to have no tuning as long as it works, which it doesn't.

The AC guys on PC run with tuning quite fine, why can't Pcars
    agolfer78 likes this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've never noticed random fuel levels tbh. If that's true then it is of course a concern.
  15. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    if you reset your tuning values in a tuning lobby then go to a non tuning lobby all will be as intended, however, this has to be done for every circuit,
  16. agolfer78

Not being a "tune diva" chief, just not keen on arcade style racing.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    We're not altering the game physics, only restricting car modification. It will be far from arcade racing. Don't poo-poo it until we get a track list and we get some lobbies up, see how you feel with a level playing field.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Ha-ha, arcade, chief, gotcha ;)
  19. autech91

autech91 Professional

I had that "arcade" thrown at me the other night when we were running a default room. Was highly amused as to me "arcade" is a game where the physics are totally unreal. In GT6 I found some tuned cars turned into total arcade racers (ford focus at 500pp).

As ad2mny said, give it a go before pulling the plug, you will find beating someone in the exact same car as them very rewarding!
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  20. agolfer78

Ive always thought non tuning suits the faster and smoother drivers who seem to be able to drive around things you would normaly tune out of the car.

I understand what your saying about same equipment and what not but with the way things are run here at ROOZ there is no shortage of people willing to help out and its very much a case of whats mine is yours when it comes to tunes.
    v8power383 and TheJuzzy like this.