SEASON 2 Car discussion.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Who cares about gt6.... This is pcars. Time to move on.
    TheJuzzy and Giant slayer like this.
  2. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well stuff the DLC rule... Merc AMG DTM is a weapon of a car and very challenging which is always good and keeps you on ya toes
  4. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    It bounced
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    obviously not you, but the format used for that game is a good portion of what has made this community so successful. Don't bash a game that had over 100 drivers participating in a single season before PCARS came out.
  6. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I'm not bashing the game if it's so wonderful keep playing it. Testing different things never hurts.
  7. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its not so much about the game Ragoo, but the 'format' that has helped build the forum over a number of years...

I have to say i am a fan of the GT6 "format" with no tuning as it comes down to the driver, and not a tune for a potential good result. That said, even with that format, its the guys who do the prac that still find a few tenths to get to the front of the field. The gaps are probably smaller, giving better racing than when you add a tune, but the results are generally the same....

Now i have PCARS will be interested to get online and seeing what the non tune cars feel like and then form an opinion. At least in GT6 we could balance a non tune with the tires for close racing.
  9. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Last night I jumped into a server with McLaren 12C's (Road version). During the warm up I was thinking "geez this car would be perfect for the league".

Then I had my first race in it (I haven't played the game that much yet) and saved it.

I was extremely fun, challenging, and close racing. Genuinely, I think this car deserves to be right up there. Not too difficult to drive fast.. but tough to really extract everything from it. I swear I drove better than the video shows haha. But I was learning the limits as I was driving. Anyway had a blast! :)

JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I also don't mind the road cars on this game.
    Some poeple here don't want road cars but which is a shame, because on there track day tyres they are fairly gripy
    TheJuzzy and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    For what reason would others rule road cars out?
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Not enough downforce for them and we are racing so why use road car on a racing game
  13. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Although a "road car" a McLaren MP4-12C is hardly slouch and trumps many, many "race" cars.

Anyway does anyone here actually want to rule out road cars? Something we should clarify if correct.
  14. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    At some point in the future we will have a vote which assuming it follows the GT6 route will firstly be to vote for either a road car or a race car. Once we have ruled out a category is when we get closer to deciding what car we run in the next season, and we will have future votes to vote for perhaps a particular powertrain or category of car (e.g gt3 car) and then likely into a final vote between 3 or 4 cars, and then usually the top 2 will go into a final vote.

Imo, i think we should run with a road car next season, there are a lot of fun road cars, and i think a season in small and agile hot hatches around some of the shorter tracks such as horse thief mile would make for some excellent racing
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    What are FWD/AWD hatches like to drive in the game? Physics? Certain I haven't driven one.
  16. autech91

autech91 Professional

I'd be for a no tune series, but I'm new here so don't listen. Either that or a car with limited tuning options.
    Used to do a lot of no tune racing in GT5 and GT6, made for some very close racing which is what gets me in my seat late on a Sunday evening. Race the driver, not the car. Lets see who's boss!
    I would like to place a vote for GT4, any of them as they are all great in their own way.
    SuiCid3, Flukyluke99 and jc1186 like this.
  17. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    what about touring cars like the clio cup or bmw 3 series?
  18. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Apart from the obvious lack of brakes compared to a race car and lack of drive out of corners compared to race cars, they do alright. Obviously never going to be as good some of the road going track day cars and so on, but once you get used to car its good fun to drive. If we raced a hot hatch, then i would suggest the merc hot hatch
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    If we are to do a no tuning season ... where everyone is in regards to the divisions for season 2 may not be representative of where they actually at... may need to do a qually lap to find where they are with a stock tune
    Flukyluke99 likes this.
  20. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    I'm in. At least it gets the ball rolling too.

I reckon we choose a car we want to test for the season.

My vote would be the MP4-12C road car. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.