SEASON 2 Car discussion.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
  2. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    The Mono would be great but definitely prohibit tuning.
  3. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I like tuning nothing better than when it's tuned nicely.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I assumed there would be either no tune or a control tune for the Sunday night league. Is this not the case?
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Somethinf jeeds to be confirmed.. if you can keep custom FFB settings its all good for no tuning.

But if it goes back to stock FFB on the cars it sucks
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'm fairly sure it will use custom FFB settings. You just have to do it prior to entering the room as you cant access the setup menus when tuning is prohibited.
  7. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I agree
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  8. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    I have never had any problem with stock settings,
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Just a comment on the use of DLC cars and/or tracks for Sunday league.

Firstly in order to play PCars online we're unavoidably having to pay to play in the form of PS+ which sets you back NZD $11.95 per month (NZD $7.50 per month if you were to subscribe for a year). A season takes place over 2 months so in order to participate in a Sunday league we're having to fork out between NZD $15 and $24 regardless.

You don't even have to of purchased the content in order to use it so long as the host of the room has it. Yes you won't be able to use this content offline but there's typically a room open most of the time in the evenings while a Sunday league is underway. And if the ability to practice offline is a must for you the content is very reasonably priced at only a fraction of what PS+ sets you back for the duration of a series.

Furthermore in order for DLC content to be selected it still must win a vote which would suggest that the majority of the field would already have purchased said content.

As of the end of December Project cars will have a total of 113 cars with only 66 of those shipping with the standard version of the game. To automatically rule out the use of over 2 fifths of the total car list is a little ridiculous in my eyes as there's some absolute gems that have come as DLC. The 2 standouts for me would be the BMW M1 and the Toyota GT86 GT4.

At the very least I feel we should at least gauge how many would oppose racing if a DLC car were selected given that you would still be able to race online if you chose not to purchase the content.
    garyw61 and TheJuzzy like this.
  10. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Good to see you got the check Killer . Oh :):):):) did I just type that out loud ?
  11. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    This x 1000!

As much as I LOVE the Rocket Bunny, I've got a feeling the stock version will make for (potentially much!) greater racing.
  12. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    Open wheel
  13. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Yes m8 your spot on ffb can be run exactly how you want it it just has to be set before you enter the room the first time u use it and then it will be saved for good.
  14. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    What if you have the car tune saved? Will it still load up same way as ffb because that is under the tuning section where you set ffb.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Nope it will load the default tune. This can easily be observed when using a car with short gear ratios by default like the Z4 around the likes of Bathurst under tuning prohibited as you end up toping out half of conrod.
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Id like to see tunes open but the track not released untill 7.30 sunday night. That way we all get even practice and no one gains advantage by spending all week tuning for a specific track. It would make more even as most people would enter the room with similar tunes and only get time to make a few tweaks to get the handling they prefer
    emuegg11 likes this.
  17. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I have to disagree with this. I find it frustrating trying to learn a track whilst also racing.

I think current format is good, as it does allow those that put in the effort to reap the rewards. If you don't have time to practice, you just race in a lower division and still have fun!
    VARDZ, TheJuzzy, jc1186 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'd like to see Tuning off so like the GT6 League, it's truly down to a driver. Sadly that can mean one driver might dominate ( Warrior on GT6 for eg. ) but at least you can then gauge how you are driving per race, such as if your closer or further away from the pace week in, week out.
    But, i think teams were mentioned as a possibility for next season, so i'm sure each team would have at least one tuning geek in it to keep everyone's head above water if it stayed with Tuning on :thumbsup:

Back to car discussion too, had a long run in the Caterham SP300R last night and wow..... i may even prefer that to the radical! Worth a test drive for sure!
  19. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Anyone up for some no tune racing tonight?

I feel like this website is missing a "General Discussion" Thread in this section of the forum.

My theory for why there isn't more "activity" in here.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.