Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Wow, doesn't this car produce cracker racing, great race everyone :D

Qualifying was always going to be close this round, so I was pleased to start 3rd off the line. For the opening laps, I enjoyed a front row seat to the "Dan and warrior swapping for the lead show" as I waited for a gap to appear which finally happened on lap 7. Being in the show wasn't much fun though so I pitted early on lap 8, to avoid any contact on my behalf. It proved the better option as I was closing the gap in fresh air until warrior DSC?!? I almost crashed in shock, bad luck mate :( I regathered to find myself in the lead after dan's pitstop. That was short lived though, as my pace was shocking for some unknown reason so dan cruised up, chewed and spat me out with relative ease. I struggled to the final stop on lap 25. I came out 4odd seconds behind and with a comfortable gap to 3rd I was content and started finding my normal rhythm again. That was all well and good until my left arm starting tiring towards the end and at the exit of cnr 2 on lap 37, the grass proved too hard for my arm to correct and I spun :( i regathered and finished on the final step of the podium.

Congratulations to Dan, pole, FL and win, too good and well deserved :D Well done to Rotor or should I say Mr. Consistent, 2 2nds, great start to the season :)

After all that, I am all smiles this week, to be able to grid up and race instead of spectate was awesome considering the outlook earlier in the week. I will take each week as it comes although next week, reverse grid sprint race.....OH GAWD!!!!
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Anyone know what happened to Mustafur? DNS, DNF, DSC, MIA, KFC or any other acronym that would suit.
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Thanks @MINT_GTR :)

Congrats to Dan on a dominating win, only just nabbed FL by .078 of a second :)
    Bad Luck to Warrior and feel for MINT... Still holding a lot of pace even with one arm mate! Impressive!!

Another crazy race! where to start again...
    Had a pretty ok qualifying, starting 5th with Anon nabbing 4th, but I think 1st to 5th was separated from pole by .2 tenths of a second, very close qualifying!!!

I got off to a OK start, I couldn't see Mister Bond, (even in the reply) so not sure what was happening there? But I got a pretty clean start, I was sitting behind Warrior, Dan, Mint and Anon for the first lap.. I was thinking wow this is going to be some crazy race here! Until lap 2 going into the tunnel I got my apex wrong and hit the wall... I then dropped behind Faine... Here my race could of gone better, I was on recovery trying to get back lost time but battling just cost me a lot of time..... On 5 or 6 Anon touched the grass on the exit of turn two which let us get in front... From here I couldn't shake Faine he managed to stay in my slip stream every lap... I was losing out so much time here battling... I just trying to keep my head down and not make mistakes... The front 3 kept disappearing every lap...

I pitted on lap 12, with Faine and Anon pitting on lap 11.. I put in 10 litres of fuel and ended up about 2 second behind Faine sitting in 4th place (after warrior dropped out) By Lap 19 I had caught back up to Faine, he made a mistake into the tunnel hitting the wall which allowed me to get past... Until out of the tunnel into the right hair pin, I was on my normal line turning in then Faine hit the back of me pushing me off the track (NOT COOL mate) He should of given the spot back but instead took the spot and kept going........ I got back on track and fought back, I took the spot back a few laps later and kept pushing on finally getting away from battling with him and I started to put some good lap times down. I pushed my pit stop out to lap 27 doing a 15lap stint, I think Anon was pretty close behind he pitted 2 or 3 laps before me? After this pit stop he got in front of me, this time I had clean air fresh tyres and lowish on fuel.. I put my head down and did consistent 08.0's and 2's catching at a rate of knots, doing my FL in the mean time I had a good few lap battle with Anon without losing too much time (thanks mate for good wheel to wheel clean racing mate) :)

Lap 36 coming around T2 I see MINT off to the left hand side coming back onto track... I was thinking Oh NO!!!! I felt really bad and felt like I didn't deserve it however luck just seemed to fall into my lap... After this I see the pace on Dan dropping off massively, I thought... Nah must be playing? :O but he started running out of fuel... my god... I think I still would of hit Dan so he could take the win if he did run out of fuel :) Again a well-deserved win mate!

After all this I think, I am now leading the Championship by 2 points to Dan.. LOL with MINT in 3rd... just 6 points behind... Wow what a start to the season! Now onto the next big event! the sprint round! I am really looking forward to this one! :D

Thanks lads :)
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Yeah, well done Dan, Rotor and Mint. Bad luck Warrior. Something was definitely up with connection as I couldnt see anon or rotor on track!?

Qualied well with an 108.4. Started well, finding my groove. All going well until about lap 3 after @Faine (really want to check this relpay) pushed me wide into corner 2, hit the grass and spun!!!!!! Came back on and had an epic battle with stig 1 and stig 2 :D with pringles in the mix.

All went well until pit stop and hit a full tank of gas :eek:.

The rest of the race was down hill. Felt like the car had an anvil stuck to it. Almost like the fuel was not running out. Was running in the 109s for the rest of the stint even though my prac race pace was low 108s, my best lap 107.85.

Anyway, there's always next week. Hope to be challenging somewhere up the front again. Certainly going to be interesting it being sprint and revers grid.

I think might end in tears:p
    warrior2167 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It was a pretty eventful race from my perspective, despite it being rather lonely for most of it. I was spewing that I managed to ruin it all on the first lap like I had done so many times during practice, if that hadn't of happened, I'm sure I could have gone for a top 6 finish. But racing is all about IF's. IF I hadn't have spun, IF warrior hadn't of disconnected, IF Mint didn't spin, IF Dan ran dry 30m earlier, the list goes on.

It was pleasing to catch the pack by the pitstops, and then pass Pringles in the pits, but I got too far ahead of myself and lost focus. The battle was fantastic @zampli, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done Dan, just remember to put more fuel in the car next time! :p

Can't wait for the next race where hopefully my championship will be back on track.
    Mister_Bond_747 and Ad2mny like this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, i think TRL_beau / beau231 is keen to join but apparently cant make tomorrow night.

Would be good to add him anyway guys.
    Thanks stu
  9. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I'll try my best to make it just im working and they want me to stay back. :(
    it was 3 hour shift but there trying to make it 9 hours see use soon hopefully. :)
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  10. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Would be great to see you line up on the grid tonight. Cheers!
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  11. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Hope you can make it mate. Slow down those guys up front a little more ;)
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Sorry I won't make it, out again for tonight.
  13. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I gotta pick up my sister up at 8:30 tonight im very sorry, i maybe do practice though if there's room for me.
    I know i can't bet you DHolland you drive like my friend TRL_IMMORTAL lol.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Can't sign into PSN right now, I will keep trying.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I think if it not going by 8 we are calling a bye
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Keep an eye on the shoutbox lads. It's not good, PSN is down everywhere. We will give it till 8pm, then call it off. Sorry but we can't do much about it.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  18. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I was on PSN and no 1 was onlinlike i was only person on GT6 i didn't find a room at 8:20 i got off thinking it was my internet but my internet speed was faster than normal and didn't understand why but i only just seen your posts then realize lol.
    Well everyone let's wait till formula 1 starts i can't wait for it. :)
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well i had a good race last night, beat everyone by a lap and a half
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    With this car, very little separates the top 3 or 4 currently, you will slip right into this mix and be fighting for the win in no time, qualifying 1st at trial mountain could prove vital as it's not that easy to pass unless you get a very solid run out of the tunnel at t2. Look forward to the next race, hopefully no childish hackers ruin it this time, pfft.