Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Give me a call when you have a chance mate.
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I am really not sure but what I think it is, is I had a major bike stack when I was younger that tore all the tissue in my wrist and its come back progressively over time. I feel the most pain only when I am playing GT6, other than that its alright which is frustrating. I tried less FFB but its the angle of my wrist on steering wheel that is really killing me. I have a physio appointment later today, so hopefully he can figure it out, if not I will call our resident ROOZ physio @Anon666 and seek his advice which will probably be a couple of spoons of concrete and alcohol ;)
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    SuiCid3 and carn_the_pies like this.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I think My net is having some issues with Cybers because it is incredibly instable.

i disconnected twice before the race and once in the middle of qualifying, had to start at the back.

managed to pass about 3 cars in the first lap and then in the second lap disconnected.

i knew coming into this season that being able to participate in all the rounds wasn't going to happen but i really needed some points here to be somewhere by the end.

anyway congrats to Warrior, Rotor and Mint for your podium efforts ill try my best to make the following rounds.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Shame about that, you where looking real good this season for taking it to warrior.

you able to use controller?
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I'm sure Anon's Bundy Bear will have what it takes to aid you back to full recovery! :D
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Cheers Mus, I dont think a controller will be possible as I am fully bandaged with nil movement. I am contemplating trying auto and one handed if my left arm is up to it but its probably better to sit out for a bit
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Probably administered anally
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Cheers everyone, That was such and awesome opening race, and if this is the precedent set then we're in for an amazing season.

Well done ROTOR, you really had some insane race pace. Also now hearing that you were driving 1 handed Mint, that's a top effort mate, maybe you should get double points. Hopefully you can make it back for the final races.

I'm really happy with my pole lap and It was really crucial to have track position. My race started well I was trying to go flat out for the first 2 stints. I wasn't actually happy with my driving, I was missing quite a few apexes and taking too much from the tyres, but at least my strategy was keeping me out in front. except after the 1st stop when I had to wait for cyber to get in his box. The 2nd stint was worse than the 1st and towards the end ROTOR was gaining so much time.

I was always planning a longer final stint, but the gap wasn't as big as I had hoped. At last though I was in my comfort zone of having to manage the tyres to the end. I nailed every single apex and I was back in form. Still ROTOR was making me very nervous and it was only just enough at the end.

Here's the replay file for those interested.
    http://speedy.sh/WKGBP/BCJS37016-RPLY010.zip
  12. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    how do I view this replay?
    Crunch likes this.
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    You download the file, then you have to put it on a USB drive and then copy the file to your PS3.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  14. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    :rolleyes: thanks stumbles
  15. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Thaks for the upload warrior, it will be interesting to see your f.p view of the situation that ended my race, in terms of my chances for the win/podium. Weather it was a combination of lag/ pit glitch, or a tentative pit entry by yourself, all I know is I can't be blamed for following you closely is it was on lap 10 and I assumed the majority would pit on atleast the end of lap 11, possibly 12. Cheers
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Looks like good race, see you next week
  17. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I was going as fast as possible on entry, I believe my speed dropped to 170. I'm pretty sure it was a lag spike. I don't know how my car looked on your screen, but yours was the most unstable l saw.
  18. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Even with poor tires (6's or 5's on front), u could easily (by division 1 standard) duck into the pits at a speed no lower than 180km/h.
  19. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Congrats on the win WARRIOR, and a good start on a high yet again to another season :) on track for your 8th straight league championship! :)

Thanks mate, it was a tough race! :)
    Yeah MINT had done extremely well to be a pain in my backside in the middle stint, and started to scare me a little towards the end of the last stint!!

Where to start... Qually? I wasn't too happy with Qually... I got caught in traffic on my second run and could only manage a 19.1 which only netted me 4th... I guess it wasn't too bad? Was just alittle annoyed at myself for having doing a 18.6 the night before on a prac run.. But I was still happy to be at the front of the field.

The start, wow... Everyone got off to a good start! Warrior lead the field with MINT just behind him and Holland in 3rd I was tucked in 4th behind them waiting for a mistake up front! That didn't take too long for me to capitalize, on lap 3 just before the tunnel Dan (looked) to be out of shape and possibly cut the corner a touch to get a 3 second penalty? (I'm not sure) however he went into a ghost and I had a great run on the outside, taking the advantage I was able to get past. A lap or two later Dan had caught back up and something happened with MINT and before I knew it I was behind Warrior for a few laps until I ended up making a mistake and letting Dan through, and then fell behind MINT as well... This stayed like this for the first stint, until the first pit stops...
    Something happened with Dave and Dan, from my point of view it just looked like a lag glitch (such bad timing) when Warrior was pitting... Dan had damage and it allowed MINT and myself to pass.. We both pitted on lap 11 just behind MINT which he had a about a 2 sec gap on me however fully filled up his tank! Silly boy! :p

By lap 15 I finally caught back up to MINT for the pass then out of nowhere Mister Bond dived up the inside and took us both! Was actually a very good move! This is just not what I needed in this second stint having known I had more race pace... Having a fierce battle with MINT and Mister Bond until about lap 19-20 I was able to clear and pull a 2-2.5 second gap, while I was pulling that gap it looked like I was pulling in Warrior at .5 a lap (I was thinking, he must be playing with me.... lol) Cutting the gap to Warrior down to around 2 seconds I was thinking wow.. OK maybe, just maybe... Warrior pitted on lap 21 and I was a lap after, Dave must of had an awesome out lap as he had pulled another second on me out to 3... My final stint was to push hard! And that is what I was doing... Pulling in Warrior in between a steady .1-.3 a lap I was cutting down the time, MINT was also pushing very hard, but I think he blew his tyres out towards the last few laps? (and his wrist would of been giving him grief) I finally got the gap to Warrior down to .9 tenths I got alittle excited! Running wide on the sweeping left hander up the hill.. it went back out to 1.1 with MINT nipping at my heals I put my head down and got it down to .7!!! I think if there was another 2-3laps it would of been a good finish :)

All in All it was a great opener, I hope to be challenging up the front more 

Once again Congrats Warrior on the win, and must be noted a good race from MINT having he had a bung wrist, Also to Mister Bond for a strong first league race :) well done mate!

And of course, bad luck to Dan.. These things happen, but I’m sure we will see you fight at the front once again :)
    warrior2167 likes this.
  20. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    For some reason during the race I couldn't see Dan racing at all. When I checked the replay I actually drive right through him, receiving mechanical damage on way through!?! Kind of glad I couldn't see him actually as he was flying up behind me on a number of occasions. Smokin' pace Dan!
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014