Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Yeah I just checked. Sunday 3rd August
  2. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    See you all for the meet n greet. Still with the ds3 so don't expect much. But using it mainly to test the net connection. Cheers
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Oh yeah lol. I think I can then.
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hi guys, thanks for letting me jump in on your room last night. You are all amazing drivers and it was great to watch you do your thing, I just hope I didn't get in your way too much. I have been chatting with the boys from Div 4 and they will help me with my online set ups so I don't have that issue again next week. Thanks again
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you can't sort your issues it means you will be running Div 1 this season, good luck mate. ;)
    SPL Racing likes this.
  6. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hahaha yeah right Emmo!!! I guess last in Div 1 sounds better than last in Div 4 I suppose.
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone, had a bit of feedback from the conversations i sent out last week so just wanted to highlight a couple of things as a reminder to everyone, new and old members.....

1. We all want fast clean racing. The last few seasons this has been achieved !
    2. That doesnt mean we pull over to let people through, but if you lose the line for a corner then give it up and continue the fight later in the lap/race.
    3. CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS ! Side by side racing is exciting, and some door to door contact can be expected. Using other cars as a 'brake' is not looked on favorably, and you should give the position back if the pass isn't a clean one.
    4. Rear ending people to gain positions WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY if you don't give the position pack. Its pretty simple ! If you have a run in the draft and they defend the inside line, you might have to go round the outside, or set something else up !
    5. You must keep 2 wheels on at least the ripple strip at all times. CORNER CUTTING TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY ! One or two mistakes are acceptable, any more can be seen as cheating. A few of the tracks don't penalize for this (Redbull ring is one example) so we will outline any problem tracks before the round.
    6. PLEASE DONT RAGE QUIT. Show some respect for your fellow racers and the league. If you are having a bad night, think of BJ, tends to put things in perspective ! Park it in the pits till the end of the race. Quitting the room could also affect room stability with the full grids.
    7. If there is an issue in a race please dont blow up and abuse anyone. Submit a protest to the room captain and one of the mods. We will sort out any driving infringements behind the scenes.

Please be on time for the race lobby guys (and girl !). We can generally give 10 minutes leeway if you let everyone know, or if there are issues with connections etc. I think if there is no word by 8:30 the race is entitled to start. Remember we have drivers from all over Australia and New Zealand so we need to be mindful of everyone.

Finally, cant stress enough, drive clean.....redress if you need to so the mod team dont get on here Monday morning and have 43 protests because drivers have done the wrong thing;)

Have a great season guys, should be a cracker.

mod team
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Tovey told me you guys are in the 18's...
    vettel_champion_podium.jpg
    Mister_Bond_747 and Ad2mny like this.
  10. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    18.56 deep forest. 4/6 bb. The double left b4 t2 is important to time we'll. For a good lap. It's also easy to shred Ur tires if u try too hard.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Good luck to everyone in the season opener tonight, it's going to be a great season!

"There is no compromise. You give everything you have. Everything, absolutely everything." -Ayrton Senna.
  12. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    All the best for the race tonight guys. Really looking forward to racing with you all. I hope my lag is fixed with static IP set up and I don't ruin anyone's race. I'll give it my best to stay in sight.:) There is some seriously fast talent in this pack...
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck mr bond ! Some serious racers In this crew , good luck to everyone in our premier division !
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm almost considering packing it in after that, someone at Sony really, really doesn't like me.

After plaguing ROOZ for 2 seasons with horrific lag, I was keen to put it all behind with a new router. But Sony had other ideas.

I knew where I was losing time, so I thought with one final go I could knock on the door of the top 6. But on the warm up lap, the signal cut out, and I forfieted my place in the grid so I didn't impede anyone.

The initial part of the race was so much fun. Just after clearing stig and faine, I tried to hunt down Cyber. 25 seconds later, BOOM! No signal.

I'm so disappointed to have had this happen, and of all the nights. Thank goodness there's a drop round!

Cheers, Jono
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    pole warrior
    FL Dholland 1:17.802
    WP_20140810_001.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Can i get 20 secs taken off my time for the extra pit lane visit i didn't want to do
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Race ended for me on lap 10 with a pit glitch :):):):) up. 'not like this' was going through my mind waiting for the 5 second penalty plus the terminal damage to go away. What can ya do. Also dc at start of quall and then had a strange gear box failure first flying lap. Congratulations to podiumers. Well deserved. ;-)
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Race laps times please.
  19. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I came into tonight with a righthand wrist injury that has been giving me trouble for the past week so I converted to 1 handed driving before the race and honestly was just hoping to finish.

I was extremely surprised to qualify 2nd but I new that had little bearings on my actual race pace that was to follow. I had a good start and settled behind warrior for the first opening laps. Soon after, mistakes followed and I found myself back in 5th. With a reverse entry unwanted pitstop from fastboy and mishap between dan and warrior at pit entry, I somehow found myself back in the lead going into my 1st stop. My plan was to run no fuel but pd had other ideas as I selected no fuel but when I left my pitbay I was full again?!?
    So I became a sitting duck for warrior to regain the lead and then soon after rotor and mister bond joined the party where we enjoyed an awesome battle all the way to the final round of stops. I came out just behind rotor and warrior was just up ahead in the lead. I was content holding onto 3rd to the finish as I enjoyed watching rotor commence is hunt on warrior for his possible maiden league win. Crossing over in 3rd was a very rewarding result for me.

A big congrats to warrior on a commanding win, you really pushed those tyres to the limit on that last stint so well deserved :) and to 2nd place rotor, well done mate, you were super consistent and gave it all on your last stint, look forward to seeing you on the top step in this league soon :)

After tonight's one handed run, I am aware I was very lucky to not take anyone out and I know next time I may not be so fortunate. So at this stage I will be stepping back from gt6 for a while and giving my wrist the rest it needs to recover. I am saddened by this but I know it's in the best interest for this season with a car that is destined for close racing. I wish all the div 1 guys a massive good luck in the remainder of the season :)
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    warrior2167 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Shame mint, what have you done to it ?