Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Times are really close across all the divisions, I have no clue what you guys are doing but Div 3 are doing 30.4's!
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Your right with that because we got till this sunday i should practice, but homework wrecking my plans, damn school. :(
    Im lucky to have my new wheel or i would had to use my DFGT because my G27 broke. :(
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Thanks @Kani we now have an emoji for the guys in div 1..... :alien: as well as for the rest of us :notworthy:. :roflmao:
    KeedenMcdonald, Stumbles and stucar17 like this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry lads, we have a possum living in our walls. Just before qual the power upstairs went off. Wife chucked the toys out the cot so I jumped out to deal with it. Turned out it was a faulty light, which is why I came back... Shouldn't have, the wife and I continued our discussion throughout qual and the race - thing is I can't fit inside our walls??? Missed the start of race 2 and got punted into the wall, given I could only see 9 or 10, figured I'd jump out to help settle the network. Ahh well there is always next week.
  5. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Think there might be a possum living in the PSN after the shambles we had tonight...
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    FFS, talk about trying their best to drive people away.....PD need to be smacked between the eyes by a competitor who can give hassle free racing so they get the reality check they need.....We cant win, small grids = a little more stable lobby but no atmosphere V big grids, some great racing but a :):):):) fight which frustrates the crap out of everyone affected......

Keep soldiering on guys.....we wont be beaten by the :poop: that is the PD network
    VARDZ, T_Vue, Ad2mny and 4 others like this.
  7. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Im very angry with tonight, i told my brothers not to go on internet and they wouldn't do it. Im very angry with them.
    Hope i can do next race without this problem, annoying thing is all the practice and couldn't do the race. :(
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

So with no one being able to see me does anyone know where i finished
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I was able to see you, you finished 5th in the reverse grid race :)
  11. Benjamin J Smith

It always takes 1 to ruin the fun
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Would be interesting to find out who could see me got binned by holland in race 2 pretty good
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    So, despite the rather mediocre results, I was pretty happy with the proceedings. However, I don't know what it's going to take for PD to get their act together. Horrific lag, inability to see (yet still make contact with) other drivers, incorrect positions and the glitched/random 5 red lights are simply inexcusable for a AAA game.

Nevertheless, I was stoked with 5th on the grid. However, I'm still getting used to the fact that the only way to overtake is to either launch up the inside or to benefit from a mistake ahead. Qualifying practice is no substitute for race practice, I guess. My half arsed defending cost me quite a number of positions, as I clearly didn't have the pace to keep up, a complete 180 of when we raced here in Season 1.

I was furious with the lights, as I count the time after the 5th light turns on. I was caught out big time, and dropped to last. I still could have clawed my way through the pack, but with an out of control MINT coming back on the track at just the wrong time, I was in the barriers. Needless to say I wasn't pleased. But with so many cars stopped or in the wall, I almost thought there was going to be a restart.

Anyway, the battle between myself, Mustafur and MINT was amazing, and is the reason why I joined ROOZ in the first place. Unfortunately, MINT got away, but we still battled hard not to be last. It was an absolute pleasure, and hopefully we can have more of the same in the next few rounds.

WD to the winners, though with how badly PD F*^&ed up tonight I'm still scratching my head at everything. It'll be smoother at Brands, surely.

Cheers, Jono
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    MINT_GTR and Mister_Bond_747 like this.
  14. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry guys, couldn't race last night due to some unforeseen personal circumstances. And I am not sure how consistently I'll be able to make it to these races for a while =[ but will try my best to when I can.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Race #01
    This battle was unreal guys, I really had a ball. (All PD issues aside)
    Still rubbing my eyes after this round!
    After pulling out a 1:30.1Q arrive on the grid 4th behind Mint. Mint stumbled when the lights went out allowing me passed into 3rd, with ONLY Dan and Warrior ahead! Just tried to hang on to their drag and maintain a gap with Mint. As I was catching War, Mint too was eager to pounce as I'm sure he could also see the green and blue paint being swapped ahead...lap 4 through the 1st tunnel Mint tried a move to pass but I held my nerve remained in 3rd .

I couldn’t believe that as a mere mortal, I was matching it with the Aliens!

Lap 12 and Dan cracked under the pressure of a relentless Warrior, hit the grass on exit of 1st tunnel, sent into a sideways drift and t-boned by Warrior allowed him to regain his composure. Warrior bore the brunt, allowing me to slide past. Warrior copt a punt from me on second last lap (very sry mate).
    Held my 2nd to the line keeping Dan honest out front. What a cracker!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Race #02
    Good Start from 2nd last to 2nd in 4 corners as I watch the carnage unfold! With Rotor on my tail, a call from team Radio “Alonso is faster than you...” allowed my teamy through to hunt the Stig. Now I become a rear gunner as I watched a lime green dot in my mirrors become ever larger as Rotor reeled in the Stig. Lap 6, Rotor had the job done and now I had to make a move past Stig to stop the Warrior heat. Lap 11, back straight pulled beside Stig and made the move at the sweeper. Not sure what happend next but Stig got pinged into wall by lag. (really disappointed with this as this was going to be a battle to the Flag, sry Stig)
    I know Warrior was affected also as he was avoiding the racing line so I gave him the spot when I felt he was within my draft, hopefully redeeming myself for the punt I gave him in the first race.
    The rest was up to Rotor for NLR as I could not hold Warrior back any longer. An epic last lap saw Warrior take the lead down the back straight into the sweeper!!! There just weren’t enough corners left for Rotor to take the position back and the results stand.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well done guys on some high Quality racing. Sorry again for PD/my connection causing some issues.

Warrior and Dan had some serious pace here at Trial. TRL_Beau was also threatening (saw a 1:29.7) but had a disconnect. How do you guys consistently find a couple of tenths? Just Insane!
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Results and Lap times anybody
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I will post them tonight
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    thanks Cyb
  19. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I found a 1 tenth in sector 2 and 3 i was still slow on sector 1 behinding 2 tenths behind than dan and warroir but made it up in sector 2 and 3 i think there was 29.4 if anyonw had the luck.
    Great racing guys wish i could done it.
    Im trying to get my Mum to upgrade our internet so i don't have much internet problems.
    With the next round on brands hatch is it full track or the other 1?
  20. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    What a night of events, for myself both good and bad but hey thats racing....

Qualifying was really tough, my car turned completely "alien" for some unknown reason and I struggled to just get a 29 on my last flier to promote myself up to 3rd. All that came undone though when I slipped off the brake and jump started allowing Mister Bond through the door. After a few laps, I finally gained some confidence in the car and started to harass Bond but became extremely nervous to attack as he was plagued with the lag bug, stupid PD :devilish: I had one attempt going into the 1st tunnel but to Mister Bond's credit he weathered my attack. Nearing the finish, we all bunched up again and with Warrior now in front of me, he fell victim to Bonds lag wall that I narrowly missed throughout the race. I undeservedly gained the position and finished 3rd.

The reverse grid start was the craziest high to low experience I have ever had. Since jump starting the 1st race, I was so focused on not repeating that I absolutely nailed the seriously long green light wait. I couldn't believe my eyes, everyone in front had unfortunately jumped the start and I was flying through the middle. I very quickly fell back to earth when my eagerness put me on the wrong side of faine going into turn 1 and without realising stig-13 was on the outside, I started the dodgem car affect that rightfully speared me off the track. I was seriously annoyed at myself and to add to the mistakes, with the car out of control, I took out Jono in the process, so sorry mate :unsure:
    I regathered well back in last place and started my recovery drive. A few laps later, I managed to join Jono and Mus for what was one of the best 3 way battles for essentially last place that could take place. It was so much fun so cheers guys for the highlight of my night. I could have stayed there to the finish but somehow dropped them and was able to also pick off cyber before the laps were up finishing in 7th.

Well done to Dan on winning the 1st race and also Mister Bond's seriously killer performance, regardless of the lag, you were on fire so well deserved on 2nd :thumbsup:
    Congrats to Warrior for once again producing the goods and taking the win from what I know would have been a devastated Rotor, bad luck mate but well driven as always, I think Stu needs to find that bridesmaid outfit for you ;)

Apart from all the issues, cheers everyone for some great racing last night. I don't know if its just me but I like the PD network, it adds a whole other dimension to racing, cant wait for next week :roflmao:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014