AC AC Weekly Fun Events!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Sep 8, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Who is running autoclutch anyways? :cautious: Pffft :p

Default boost is 80%. I don't think any of the cars suffer engine damage at this setting or below. Above this setting (I assume this is what's being referred to as "high turbo boost"), some damage more than others (yellow bird for instance doesn't suffer any damage). So boost damage *should* only be any issue if you exceed the default 80% setting, even in the 98T, ;) and thus shouldn't be prohibitive for running in a series.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  3. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    pretty sure you can lower the rev limiter so that could be used to prevent over revving on downshift.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Also you could just CTRL-Q and hide the damage indicator - ignorance can be bliss! :roflmao:
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Seems the 98T is special. 60% is default for the 98T (comes up on the in car dash LCD).
    80% seems to cause engine damage, 70% seems fine.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    the damage can be avoided at 80% by short shifting till 4th gear or if the diff ratio(final ratio) can be changed to stabilize the boost pressure from 1st to 4th then 80% will work without a loss of speed i think the damage comes as a result of the gears being to short making the engine red line then bounce back before we can even blink then detonating the engine.Have not tested the car since very early build's though so things could have changed :unsure: :thumbsup:
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Not sure the 98T is ideal for a series TBH, a handfull at the best of times and if your new to simracing, the last thing they would want is a car they can't steer, nothing worse than joining your 1st online races and not being able to string a handful of laps together, Ive been sim racing 15 years and struggled with this car, but I'm not exactly a great driver either. so I'll do a rethink on the car, the new CTDP mod is equivalent to formula 3000 but needs testing, then there's the GP2 & F1 mods which are stable, or the Tatuus which is always close racing:thumbsup:.

Thoughts please gentlemen! :)
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    If anyone is keen I'll be setting up the server for a bit of testing tonight with the GP2 mod D/L-> HERE
    Practice session only. I'll be on from about 5 - 5.30pm WST.

Will run a few races tomorrow night, track will be Silverstone.
    15 min Practice
    12 min Qualify
    8 lap Races
    Gates open 5pm WST

Hope to see ya there!
    Cheers
  9. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

cool im keen AJ
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I can't get on tonight AJ. Doing my tax, yay...
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Server is up
    Driftoz likes this.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    GP2 test went well, thanks to Driftoz, MAEL & Fargonz for joining me, made testing a lot less boring :thumbsup: :), we had a few non rooz join in too. The GP2 was a bit of a handful till I acclimatized to the car, took some time to find a stable relatively fast setup as the default wasn't real good on the slow turns for me, kept looping it round :rolleyes:. Managed to get into the mid 1.44's, not the fastest by any stretch with a guy posting a high 1.42, I'm positive there's even quicker times to be had.
    I like the GP2 it feels easy to drive, has heaps of grunt which can bring you undone if your not mindful of it, and responds well to setup change.
    If anyone is interested the server will be running some races with the GP2 mod (find a link in post #428 ^^ above) @ Silverstone tonight, would love to see you all there.
    15 min Practice
    12 min Qualify
    8 lap Races
    Gates open 5pm WST

SERVER IS UP
  13. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

it was fun learning to nail all the apex's and yeah 1st and 2nd gear is a b**ch need to be very light on throttle.
  14. Kobus Maree

Kobus Maree Rookie

would any one be willing to share a setup for this great car?

I have an idea where to start for what suits my style, but other setups are great for comparing notes, and to learn from:)
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Guys, if anyone is keen :thumbsup:
    Tonight's Racing Fun
    GT3's @ Spa (default content) Nissan GT-R could get hammered :)
    Qualify; 15 min
    Races: 7 laps

Hope to see ya there :D
    Open to the public.
    Driftoz and WAC like this.
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    SERVER IS UP
  17. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Sorry for the stupid questions, but how do i get AC to load the downloaded moded tracks. Does it need to be stored in a folder that the game looks at when launching?
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah mate, the modded content needs to go into the appropriate folders, which are usually located in
    C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/AssettoCorsa/Content, once there you will see the tracks and cars folders which is where your mod content should be installed too. I made a shortcut to the Assetto Corsa folder so I didn't have to go through the bull:):):):) of opening it up to add content. Car skins can be added by going into the respective car folder and opening the skins folder and adding your skin, pretty straight forward when you have done it a few times :D
    hope this helps mate:thumbsup:.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haha same. The only icons on my desktop are shortcuts to AC content and setup folders!
    Short cuts are great for skinning too. I have a skins dev directory with short cuts to the templates, content/cars folder, and the showroom.exe.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I gotta get into the skinning, been a long while since I dabbled in the art of paint pimping :D have to install paint.net again :)