SEASON 2 Car discussion.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Quali laps for sure. HTO is a bit hard to use as a comparison for those of us who aren't in Maclarens :p
  2. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Nah the mclarens aren't op.....or so I've been told
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Why take out the tuning aspect?? There's nothing wrong with it and we are all willing to help each other get a comfortable setup. Us div 1 drivers are fairly even in pace, it just comes down to whoever stays consistent
    thebigRAGOO_14 likes this.
  4. Konnor McCluskey

I personally wouldn't race if tuning and is taken out of it
    Giant slayer and thebigRAGOO_14 like this.
  5. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    +1
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I don't think they are either, they are a good all rounder though and it's just that some of the other cars (SLS) are really poor on certain tracks such as last night's second track.

I don't care either way about tuning tbh. I don't have time to do it myself and feel appreciate it when guys like Greg, Spidey and Jizzy are here to help out. Perhaps if other members could take a leaf from their book and be a little more transparent then we would see more racing and less time spent in tuning or dummy spits from people blaming their tune.
    TheJuzzy and emuegg11 like this.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I would like to see 3 completely different cars used as qually lap cars... my lap in the Ginetta junior was toward the front of D2 but I had no chance whatsoever ... so if we do 3 cars you get a better picture where someone is really at.... Say a road cars like the Mitsubishi... a middle of the range race car like a GT4 .... and then an open wheeler or lmp car. Set a time in each car at the same track and then you will get a true indication of where someone is at...
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Can we not run the same format ( car type, tracks, number of laps, weather conditions and settings etc) but have a tuning lobby and a non-tuning lobby and let each player decide which they want to run in????

It is is pretty obvious from reading the above that there is a split, this would give everyone an option.

It would be good to get back to bigger grids I undersatnd the thinking behind the qual lap and placement in division but it is a average way of doing it at best and a joke at worst. With only 8-10 cars on track it makes it harder to have battles, if you make a mistake and spin you can drive around for 30 laps without seeing another car........

Most of the enjoyment comes from racing good clean racers, yeah we have a couple who are super quick and the result is important but a lot just want to have fun battling wheel to wheel. We have a lot of good clean racers here it would be nice to get more of them on track together.
    TheJuzzy, emuegg11 and beakeroo like this.
  9. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    sunday night leagues should be no tune leagues. They always have been for the GT6 leagues and migrating over to pcars should be the same. I know a few people might want to help with set ups (which is great and really helps out the community) but some of us don't get on that often to be able to be given the set ups and to test. im lucky to get on for 3hrs a week (and that includes Sunday) so sitting there trying to work out a tune for each track just isn't going to happen. And I'm sure there are plenty of others out there who are the same or worse off than me.

Only issue with it all is if we make it a tuned league we turn people away, and if we make it non tuned league we turn people away. At least with GT6 league everyone knew what was going on.
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Just to be clear the Ginetta Qual is not needed to be done again buy S1 drivers. So I don't see what all the sqwaking is about? Only for new guys like Stu etc... will have to do the initial qual to get a base line for div placement, plus other guys may see them in a room and see that they may be quicker slower etc.. and will most likely pass comment to add to the decision of where to place them.

S2 will have existing drivers placed in Divs based off a number of variables collated through the previous season, so now this next season you will find you will most likely be placed better. Emmo has all fastest lap data, and will rank us all based on data from all rounds attended, and then we will review overall championship results on top of the fastest lap data. This all happens out in the moderator's chat rooms with threads setup as data bases, I can assure you div placement will be improved over the maiden season.

This means we could have 3-4 guys from one div jump up to the next div, not just the winner of that div, and alternatively 3-4 drop a div and so on.
    TheJuzzy, emuegg11, stucar17 and 4 others like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yes, i will get my qual time in the next few weeks, based on what i have seen just in 2 days of racing and adjusting, adjusting, adjusting the PCARS feel is so much better. Season 1 was always going to throw up a few challenges with new drivers, as it always does, so i trust everyone understands that when putting a league together....

I have to say i agree with this. Now i know i havent been on this platform for very long at all, but IMO, as a league we need to look after the guys who have the least time....at the end of the day if they feel like they are getting shafted we lose them and thats not good for our community as a whole. As far as turning people away, what i would hope would happen, if the sunday was a Non-Tune league, i am sure there would be another night that we could run an official "tune" series for those so inclined. I know at the moment i am hooked so once i get my GT6 commitments out of the way i would probably commit to 2 series.....

That said, this is a cars discussion, and at the moment i dont care what we race so long as i can !
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    You always have that knack for a well rounded response stu
  13. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah what he said, I'm not as diplomatic as stu, which is largely why I say nothing much these days.
    Clevohead likes this.
  15. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    LOL, blunt and direct is sometimes what is needed @CobMcCool!
    SuiCid3, Clevohead and stucar17 like this.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The points I was trying to make was based on tuning vs no tuning and some people handle some better than others.... I was a case in point of this.... hence putting across the 3 different cars and an average position for the entrant to get a better idea where they are at...
    beakeroo likes this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You do make a valid point Vardz, in that each car is so different. This is one of the major points of difference with GT6. I have only driven a couple of cars, all felt great, but i can see how they would suit different driving styles.

Now we have a baseline of drivers, in different divs, we can get new guys to qual and also prac to see their pace in certain cars relative to the guys we know. Its an inexact science for sure.
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. Konnor McCluskey

No tuning.....yawn.....might aswell sell my wheel now
    TheJuzzy and Giant slayer like this.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I thought you hung your wheel up because you don't get time to tune and further your real racing career or did i get you mixed up with someone else from D1?
  20. Konnor McCluskey

I hung it up for the remainder HTO as I was finding myself gaming more than being in the garage lol and is affecting my work ethic on a Monday so yea I'm giving it a rest for awhile. Yes my real racing career is top priority so therefore I've gotta be in the garage prepping my bikes to a high standard.

Also I have tried setting FFB up in the main menu and then entering a lobby with no tuning, wheel settings went back to stock so he sees why I said I might aswell sell my wheel
    beakeroo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.