Season 10 Entry List

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok Col,

Shame, think once you got your head around GT5 physics you would have enjoyed it.

Stu
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Hey Stu,
    I'm still in for S10 but will miss round 1 and possibly rounds 2 and 3 due to shoulder surgery on 22 Jan, it was supposed to take place on 18 Dec (conveniently between seasons) but got cancelled and put back a month.
    Seeing that I'll be last in I'll reserve picking my car colour until everybody else is done, (although I do dig my orange rides). Thanks for all the work you're doing throwing this together again, outstanding.

Cheers,

P.S. how come dutchy gets sent back to div 3, he is way to good, I raced with him in div 3 a few seasons ago and he won every race he entered barring the final round that I only beat him by practicing every day for a week before hand, but if he's happy and you're happy then it's all good.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey cob, good luck with the op.....fast recovery mate.

Dutch is a tough one, turbo has the nod at the moment based on last season, but looking at season 7 and 8 you raise a very valid point.......Will look into it....

Stu
  4. turbohachiroku

turbohachiroku josh

Cheers cyber, I'll hop on tonight and give it a crack.
  5. barfNZ

barfNZ New Recruit

hey, i just found out this is only a single-car race, with tuning prohibited and choosing a damn paint colour isn't what i'd consider race engineering. :rolleyes:

with respect, please withdraw my entry and good luck with the season everyone!
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I don't think anyone claimed "race engineering" anywhere. And no one really kept this from you, it is listed in all the threads regarding the league.
  7. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    GT5 isn't what I'd call race engineering...
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sidfire and N64thestig007 have entered as well guys.....

Nearing capacity for 4 divs, keep an eye on your division to see if you may have been moved !
  9. turbohachiroku

turbohachiroku josh

Hey guys, just adding my 2 cents.

I agree with no mods to create a more level playing field but am curious about why the only changable things are brake bias and tcs (with exception of abs, it needs to be at 1 imo).

Tcs should be off for div 1 at least! It's just that I believe with such serious tyre wear it would make a driver that wouldn't normally use it have it on to give them more mileage ,which if done so would be a tactical move therefore potentially changing the level playing field. On the other hand I'd say most top drivers wouldn't use it anyway lol.

And brake bias... I personally think it's just as important (and realistic) to use custom gbox. With the correct bias it could favor the better "brake tuner" on corner entry just as a custom gbox can favor exit and straight line speeds.
    I can only assume it's on because it can make a considerable difference.

I think if we are looking for the closest racing everything but abs ( on 1 ) should be untouched, but on the other hand you guys have been doing this for some time and have some of the tightest racing I've seen. So either way I'm just happy to be a part of the league and happy with whatever the rules are, you fellas do a top job.

More like 10 cents worth lol
    Josh
  10. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I don't think we can disable the ability to alter brake bias.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    As Miki said, you can't disable brake bias adjustment. On the gearbox, you cant set a room to allow the racing gearbox and no other "tuning aids", it's either tuning "on" or "prohibited". (Now, if we used Forza, their lobby set-up allows any or all tuning restrictions, so you can pick and choose what you want the season to run... but thats another story).

You'll probably find that all of Div 1 and (most???) of Div 2 run with TCS off anyway. I think about half of Div 1 also run with ABS off as well.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey josh, thanks for your input.

Stumbles and MIKI are right. Bias, TC and abs are the only things that can't be locked by the regs.

Restricting everything else makes it as close to parity as we can.

As I said in an earlier post, we do it this way so that everyone (no matter the division) can rock up to a level playing field, and not get smashed by the guy who spends 50 hours tuning his machine.

Also, to confirm what stumbles said, I don't know of anyone in the top 2 divisions at least who run with TC on. Not sure how many run abs off, and the bias IMO is a good thing as it can be changed to suit your driving style.

As you say turbo, we have some very good, close racing in the series so hopefully we get more of the same.

Cheers stu.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

TC on will just make you slower (not sure how much, might only be a little bit but still slower) and therefore make redundant what little extra in mileage you might get.

As for brake bias, yes my current bias favours me more then the standard 5/5, but thats just how I drive, others have different preferences and so on. And it would be interesting to find out, but I reckon if everyone posted their preferred bias, I wouldn't be surprised if you found 2 or 3 very prominent ones in the divisions.

So far, I've only seen one guy run with ABS off and that was Dan Holland for the one or two races he was there last season.
  14. turbohachiroku

turbohachiroku josh

Sounds pretty reasonable to me guys, all in all it does seem very fair for all as sorting out brake bias wouldn't take too long compared to gbox,suspension,aero and so on.

Cheers fellas, problem solvered.

Any tips on bias settings... ;)
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Think we have the divisions sorted....If you can see that i have missed anyone, or someone is in the wrong division please let me know so we can look at it.

Notable changes are Dutch (NOW DIV 2) and turbo (NOW DIV 3) have swapped divisions , Natman back into div 1 (may come back into div 2 for the final spot after frzn withdrew)

Thanks to EVERYONE who has helped set this season up.

Cyber and Miki for the tracks, Clevo and Aussie for helping with recruitment of new drivers, and everyone else who has been online to help with testing of the cars and track combos. (too many to mention)

We have 4 FULL divisions of 14 drivers which is a fantastic effort.

Just a final reminder to EVERYONE that with so many drivers on each grid we want the racing to be clean and fair.

Penalties WILL be handed out to drivers who breach rules and driving standards. Redress if you THINK you might have gained position out of an unfair move, or if you are not sure make sure you follow this guide to protesting a result

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

Here's hoping for a competitive, fun and fair season 10.

Stu and mod team
  16. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hey guy's....not too late to sign up for this?
    Not been racing much but would like to get back into racing with people who are not hell bent on taking you out.
    Cheers
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Hey Joe, Firstly welcome to ROOZ.

Stu has done most of the leg work for this season, so in saying that i'm not sure where we have space in a Div. (We have 4 Divs this season)

So the Steps you need to take are all set out in these thread links, have read and get your lap time in ASAP as season starts tomorrow.
    Can't make any promises that you make it in for this season, but we will see what we can do...

So have a read through these links mate

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=895

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=727

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

There that should get you goin in the right direction mate... Have any problems post up here and someoneshould help you out..
    Once again welcome to ROOZ, Hope you enjoy it here..

Hope to see you on the track...

:cool: aussie

EDIT* Stu has beaten me Looks as though Stu will put you in...
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey Joe good to see you're back! ;)

Don't worry fellas Joe has been around with us since Season 2 and I had some great racing with him in Prologue (remember the Corvette on comforts around Daytona road?!) but taken a few breaks (for iRacing and then a rage break?!). So he knows the deal around here.

Also check out our iRacing Clubman Cup Beau has set up. He's sent you a league invite in iRacing and there's a few new guys racing with us.
  20. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Thanks Koastr...yeah remember it well! ;)
    Been i while since i raced here so was good to have your team give me the info (and pretty damn quick too!)
    I did the evo trial again cause i think i'm alot slower than i use to be but really looking forward to full grids - watched some old replay's of session 2 in the Toms supra's - man that was fun!

Sim racing took a big hit last year what with too much work,buying a house & shifting so only just starting to settle in - still no chance of iracing atm but looking at the full divisions you guy's have got going here
    i think this is a great way to get back into it!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.