GT7 Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Correct. That second photo is perfectly legal.
    T F Eccles likes this.
  2. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I think I speak for all of us when I say, that was dreadful. To be one of many that had their races ruined on lap 1 through no fault of their own just blatantly sucked. I've never once experienced lag quite that bad on GT7 and I hope I never have to again. Racing was impossible, Consistency merely a pipe dream. There were a fair few lapses in driving standards too but again, highly down to lag.

I think that'll just go down as one we'd all like to forget....Except @MINT_GTR of course...
    Easyprey007 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  3. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    In contrast it would appear that Divs 2 & 3 were mostly free of lag issues, how oddly interesting (but not in a good way)?
    Viperzed likes this.
  4. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Mixed bag for me last night. Did a PD in Q setting a 55.8, 4ths quicker than I’ve gone before. Really happy with that but then I had at least 5 drivers right behind that were faster. So the goal was trying to stay out of there way best u could.
    start was great, found myself fighting with sidawg for P2 on exit of turn 1 and had Risky, Keeden and Jono up my ass coming into turn 5 but I didn’t have much grip so tried to get out of the way and that led to Xlxy getting through coming into the hairpin. Groover was far away either so I backed off letting him through too
    Managed to stay with those guys for a few laps but I wasn’t consistent enough to stay with them. I cut the pit lane when pitting and got a 3 second pen for that, I only added 1 lap of fuel so I had that to deal with for a few laps saving fuel on mixture 2.
    After some dramas from the guys ahead with 4 laps to go I found myself in P8 and all I had to do was stay there which I felt I could do but got to happy on the accelerator out of turn 3 and lost 3 positions to groover, Ando and Viper.
    A few laps later Ando and Groover had contact and I got those 2 spots back and finished 9.
    Over all happy with another top 10 against these guys. Just need to work on consistent laps and hopefully a better result will come, or not, who knows…
    MINT_GTR, Hatfield, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  6. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FL - Keeden231
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. Ando787

Ando787 New Recruit

How many times over the track limit before you incur a penalty? 3 times in one spot, alah F1?
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It is at the Stewards discretion. Any track limit incursion, you run the risk of ANYONE in your room protesting you.
    JonoStan96 and Ando787 like this.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Exactly as @Viperzed said.
    However, people actually have to submit the protest, otherwise nothing gets done.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Im out for this Sunday

(Edit) don’t worry i’ll be racing now
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  11. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’ll be here
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: Red Bull Ring - S12 Preset Weather
    - Late Morning Equal Conditions - 2x 15 Laps - 21/8 (Sprint Round)

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 2 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8:00pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins
    Second session folowing Race 1 - 5 mins

Room settings can now be changed via the lobby itself, therefore practice laps are able to be run prior to qualifying which will be run in ‘practice’.
    Once 5 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE 1 START TIME : 8:25 PM AEST
    RACE 2 START TIME : EST 9:00 PM AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be observed on:
    -Driver’s Left and Right Turn 1
    -Driver's Left Turn 9
    -Driver's Left and Right Turn 10

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - Red Bull Ring
    Red Bull Ring is a deceptively simple circuit that offers up a few major passing opportunities at Turns 1, 3 and 4. Drivers should all be aware that the final sector IS NOT reccomended passing area and attempts at turns 9 and 10 especially need to be fully committed and placed cleanly. Please do not change your mind set even in sprint races, i.e, do not send dive bombs for the sake of sending divebombs.
    groover33 and Hatfield like this.
  13. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Hi team,
    I've noticed that some people have been having serious connectivity issues like lag, stuttering, room connectivity etc when playing GT7 which makes the game unplayable. I experienced serious stuttering when I started playing in online lobbys which made racing extremely unpleasant. I normally clear the cache on my PS4 each time I turn it on but it had no effect on GT7, so I did some investigating online to see what I could do to fix this issue which I've listed below. From what I read online the stuttering issue I experienced was actually experienced by a large number of GT7 players.
    Things I did to fix my stuttering problem:
    Connected console to a LAN connection instead of WIFI,
    Rebuild Database using Safe Mode (Defragment console), and
    Remove power cable for a minimum of 30 seconds once power light stops flashing.
    Once I had completed these steps I no longer experienced any stuttering when playing.
    Online also suggests adjusting your graphics settings, I didn't have to do this but you may need to do this.
    Hopefully this helps anyone still having issues.
    Cheers team.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Confirming there is no mandatory pit stop in sprint rounds
  15. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Monstar was lagging all over the place in Sprint Race 1
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    was happy with my pace relative to the field compared to last week and was up into 4th in Race 1. Then after being passed at T3 by @sidawg2 , another following driver hit me and spun me around. No redress.

Race 2, it happens again from a different driver. No redress
  17. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I didn’t hit you on my pov
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It still sucks even if it was lag, but that would explain no redress as it wasn't needed from your pov :)
  19. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    man such a bad race, i was in mid field like p7 in both races and I was going good for being inside the top 10 but I don't know if its dirty driving or internet problems but I got hit in both races putting me at the back both races with no chance of a come back and no chance at my first real points in div 1 :( what a waste of a night
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  20. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Race 1 qualified in 5th with a 28.7. Wrapped with that. Got a good start. After 1st lap I was sitting 5th. I was able to stay with the leading gang getting sucked along in the slip for a few laps. Bit later Jono spun off out of the lead, which gave me P4, then a few laps later Sidawg had a moment out of turn 3 which promoted me to P3! I was thinking how bloody good is this but knew I had to stay focused. Then out of nowhere Keeden spun and now I found myself in P2 in D1! I reckon I pumped in my most consistent laps for a very long time for the 1st 10-12 laps all within 2 tenths from 1:28:9xx to 1:29:0xx. Sidawg was now coming and I knew he wasn’t my fight so I backed off down the straight coming into turn 4 but I might have caught him off guard and I think he may have just hit me but we both managed to stay on course. Next up Keeden was hunting me down and he got me into turn 3,
    Very happy to bring it home in 4th place.

race 2 I didn’t qualify as well and started P7 or P8. After some fighting for positions I was sitting behind Banana and there was contact at turn 4 and Viper got turned around right in front of me and I had nowhere to go but straight into him. That put me down a few spots but managed to get back in P7 and have a nice battle with Randm until the chequered flag.

so far my best result this season
    Aiden_1120 and Matthyus like this.