GT7 Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 29, 2022.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    We had similar issues in Div 3 and found that if the duplicate entries remove their entry (i.e. go from green tick to red cross) from the lobby and then re-enter (back to green tick), it fixed the issue.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It will yes, I will confirm this when I can. I don't have enough time on my hands to be practicing tonight unfortunately.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1 Results
    Qual
    TBA
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    FL
    TBA
    MINT_GTR and Hatfield like this.
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Pole: Me
    FL: Sidwag
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  5. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Quick recap of Round 1….

Really enjoyed being able to race with everyone again and the first time for me on GT7 (cheers Kaz for improving lobbies!)

Quali was a tight one between Simon and I, came down to a last lap dash and just secured Pole by 0.007! Didn’t last long though, stuffed the start (standard me) and went back to P2. Settled in for the first stint and had a great battle with Simon where I was able to gain the lead back and build a little gap before the pitstops. Second stint was about holding on and scared every lap, waiting for the rain that never came! Compounding this was Simon on fire closing in while I was struggling with adapting to the grip. He made quick work of taking the lead and I had to settle for P2 in the end.

Congrats @sidawg2 on a well deserved win and @JonoStan96 on P3! Keen for Nurb next week!
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  6. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Attention All:

Updated Time of Day settings for Round 2 (Early Morning)
    Variable Time Speed Rate - 9x

Refuelling Speed adjusted for Season 2 (10 Litres per second)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 2: Nurburgring GP - Custom Weather C02 followed by Random
    - Early Morning TOD 9x Variable Time - 23 Laps - 14/8

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 2 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8:00pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins.
    Room settings can now be changed via the lobby itself, therefore practice laps are able to be run prior to qualifying which will be run in ‘practice’.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be observed on Driver’s Right Turn 4 as well as the NGK-Chicane at the end of the lap.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars entering T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - Nurburgring GP:

The Nordschleiffe’s little brother, Nurb GP has its own quirks that must be respected. Pit Exit has the tendency to spit you out over the line immediately, it is recommended that you practice the pit exit to avoid a penalty. Be aware of the kerbs on the final chicane, they will be adjudicated as per normal RaceOnOz track limits. The kerbs can send your car dangerously sideways if you don’t show them enough respect.

A reminder too that this race has random weather slots that MAY be taken up by any level of rain. Ensure you have IM and W tires on standby.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  9. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1

My video is up at 5pm aest
    Aiden_1120 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ?
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Viperzed what about the exit of the stadium section?
    Is the old Bang lap in the Cayman still applicable?
    JonoStan96, Aiden_1120 and Matthyus like this.
  12. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    if you're brave enough to hit the green stuff at the exit of stadium, good luck to you x
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It was clarified in the briefing.
  14. Ando787

Ando787 New Recruit

I think we need a poll…. Thumbs up if the old bang lap is legal. Thumbs down if it’s to be deleted.
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Where?
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Here in the track limits section. It was edited to reflect NGP
    Track Limits will be observed on Driver’s Right Turn 4 as well as the NGK-Chicane at the end of the lap.
    Viperzed likes this.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    No Poll necessary.....it's literally in the briefing...
  18. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    It's not the turn 4 curb that juts out as shown below that's in question (and I reckon if you put the Jag up there you're asking for trouble).
    [​IMG]

I think the confusion/question is around the run-off to the left. @Ando787 specifically asked about it in practice session last night and collectively we didn't have a definitive answer. Is this OK?
    [​IMG]
    My reading is yes as @Viperzed hasn't called it out in the briefing.
    MONSTAR likes this.
  19. Ando787

Ando787 New Recruit

Yes precisely.... and do you need to stay on the curb that just finished prior to the last screenshot? Do you need to be back with two wheels on the track when that thicker white line begins up ahead? I don't think the briefing OR the rulebook is clear on this particular section (and the Bang lap seems to be contrary to the rulebook too!).
    MONSTAR likes this.
  20. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    2 wheels on the curb on the inside, run as wide as you like on exit
    Viperzed likes this.