Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Just like to say thanks to all div 4 races for your patience with me dropping out last night should be all good for racing
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks Turbo, but I won't be counting any chickens before they're well and truly hatched.
    I do feel a bit more confident in the car now and last season both my pace and willingness to mix it up in the pack wasn't really there and I think I was too timid to push it harder. However, running in some of the other events with the likes of Anon, Musta, N64 etc helps you realise you have to push it and be in the mix to put yourself in a better position (race-wise), so that's what I'm trying to do.
    I think I'm making less mistakes to what I was previously so that helps, but I'm far from being an "alien" so this season I'll be trying my best to mix it up with the pack and drive as well as I can - and whatever happens, happens.

With the likes of yourself, Molch, Emmo, Dek etc it should be a corker of a season. In most races/events I enter I seem to be chasing the same person time and time again - Emmo, who I suspect is the "Lex Luthor" to my "Superman" (or am I Lex and Emmo Superman? :) ), so again I very much look forward to our battles which have been absolutely fantastic fun and hope I can extend these battles to many others in the div 4 field.

I think it will come down to who can get used to the car quickly and get it to perform as it is a completely different monster to the BRZ. Loads more power, which makes you feel like you're right on the edge of losing it (probably because you are) :) Too slow into the corners and you lose time and too eager out of the corners and the back end will remind you it's there. Much less forgiving than the BRZ which will mean the input from the driver is paramount to keeping the car where you want it on track.

I just hope these glitches don't plague Div 4 (or any other Div for that matter), and ruin things for anyone. Over-driving and causing yourself to crash is part of the risk/fun, but DSC's and other game glitches just sap all the fun out of it if you're doing well and then something completely out of your control ruins your night, and any chance of success. But I guess this is the risk we all take, knowing full well that GT6 has these bugs and they don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. :-(
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Yep consistency was tough last season in the BRZ but its going to be even harder this season with the Mclaren. Blindman is getting faster by the day also ;). Ran some practice laps with him last night and he ran a PB in the 1.27's. I cracked the 27's on Sunday night before we changed rooms but I just can't seem to find that pace again. Im struggling to get low 28's now and have been messing with Brake biases soo much I can't remember what settings feel good :(
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Yeah I know how you feel Molch. I hit a 27.5 in practice the other night but last night the best I did was a 28.1.
    I think the two big keys to a good time on this track are the the last few turns (Netz and especially Panasonic).
    I found if you don't exit Panasonic correctly (out very wide then in nice and tight for a straight line out onto the straight), you can't get the power down early enough and this adds quite a bit of time from your lap.
    The other night I was hitting this corner very well and had several 27's and lots of very low 28's.
    In practice last night I wasn't quite hitting the mark on that turn and as a result kept getting 28's.

I try not to muck around with the brake bias etc too much as I think practising on hitting my markers and driving line consistantly will yeild more time savings than car setup (at my level of driving) :)
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Molch and bjh1012 like this.
  5. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    haha I should take a leaf out of your book and concentrate on driving too.
  6. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    was a good Meet & Greet,except for xxDARKOxx spitting the dummy at me because of issues he was having seeing room as he didn't bother sorting friends list etc until 5mins before the session,claiming he'd NEVER had room glitch happen before(we all know that's BS! or he has never used friends only),but to be honest,IMO if he wants to throw out his toys over a minor solvable issue,he was probably gonna blow up in the first few races anyway!
    Can EVERYBODY PLEASE read all the lag/network issue thread http://raceonoz.com/threads/lag-network-issue-help-solutions.848/page-7#post-41745 and do ALL the steps and fixes mentioned. If anyone is using 3G/4G Mobile Broadband they should SERIOUSLY consider changing to an ADSL2+ fixed line service as you will always have issues,believe me i know as until Feb 2013 i only had MBB,and even after spending $240 on high speed dongles and a powered external aerialstill had issues here & there,especially between 3pm & 9pm with everyone on FB and such with their phones. The Sony PSN DOES NOT officially support MBB and as such is not fully compatible with it,causing lag/dsc's,SO TELL JOE HOCKEY THAT NO YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING YOU CAN DO WITH FIXED LINE WITH WIRELESS MBB(He stated as such when opposing NBN fibre to the door pre-election) or in 5yrs the F'N Libs will go that direction if they're still in power!!!lol
  7. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I'm not gonna argue with you over Sunday night, but you're wrong, i've never had any problems like that ever, that was the first time.
  8. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Another hard night behind the wheel with so many different lines to try and find a fast 1 dam u Fuji but it is fun when you do find one good line or a great brake marker . Would be nice if it gave you a theory lap like on the Alfarno on our karts
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Turn racing line on for a bit. You can brake a bit later than recommended but the lines are helpful.
  10. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Hey kart no 1 your profile picture is that your kart after a race meet ..... Drive the wheels off it hope your mclaren doesn't look like that after Fuji Sunday night
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Didn't think of that ! Should give it ago tomorrow thanks Ad2mny
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ad2mny has put the call out for race reporters to submit some pics and a basic run down of the race events for each week. Obviously he can't be in all rooms, and every little bit helps. Doesn't have to be an essay just a summary of the race and 4-6 pics.

Another suggestion could be to make a roster and 7 of you guys take turns submitting the story and pics. 1 night a season shouldn't be too much to ask for to help a guy out who sits up till "god knows what time" making sure he gets you the news out on time.

Here is the link to sign up: http://raceonoz.com/threads/rooz-news-reporters.1021/

Would love to see some support for our man this season so please don't let me down.

Cheers
    Clevo
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I thought that now Ad2mny was in our Division (Div 4), he would be doing the report for Div 4 (as he mentions in the reporters post that Div 1 & 4 were already locked in), but if this is not the case I am happy to take some pics and do a brief write up (as I did last season for Div 4).
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Cheers Doogle maybe I could go reserve you seem to get yours out quicker than I was we could get the reports out before the weekend. I'll add you to the conversation anyway, which will be up and running before the weekend.
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Sounds good Ad2 :)
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Well you must be the luckiest person in Oz cause everyone here has seen the friend/lobby glitch in action
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Why do you find it so hard to believe that i have not had or seen that issue before.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey lads, I'm sure there is nothing in this, but it's not helping to find any solutions. Happy to help mediate any issue we have here, but I think we can all agree the major problem is the game and the PSN, not the people.

Get some practice in lads, it's the car you need to be worried about - the bugger has teeth!!
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    LOL, it certainly does...I've got red wheels on mine now...it's chewed me up and run me over a few times!! :p
    Agree that PSN is the problem too. I actually got booted the other night from PSN completely! It was quite weird, took about 10 minutes before I could get back onto PSN.
  20. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    OK guys, for those in Div 4 that are still yet to add drivers to their friends list I have compiled the Div 4 drivers names for ease of reference:
    ROOZ Forum name (PSN ID).

DekGT5mad (PSN: Dbn26) ROOM HOST
    HR31GTS (PSN: hr31gts) BACKUP ROOM HOST
    AD2mny (PSN: Ad2mny)
    Emmo46 (PSN: emmo46)
    DoogleDave (PSN: DoogleDave)
    SerenityInSpeed (PSN: HazeOne68)
    Molch (PSN: Molch_82)
    Disturboed (PSN: disturboed)
    Kart-No-1 (PSN: Kart-No-1)
    Blindman (PSN: BLINDMANRACING)
    Darko (PSN: xxDARKOxx)
    Bluemoon (PSN: x-3vi1m00n)
    Gentlemen Jim (PSN: K1W1-DRIVER)

Don't forget to make sure everyone listed above is added to your PSN friends list (or a friend request has been sent) before Sunday!
    If I have made any errors please let me know and I will update the list accordingly.
    Cheers :)
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
    DekGT5mad likes this.