Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I used to use 'road-kill' view when I used controller but it's just not right draggin your chin with a wheel. Bonnet view needs a mirror. Cockpit view is cool but can't see real well.
    Peter Wise and Stumbles like this.
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Absolutely agree, which is why I included

I can see on the map if another car is in close proximity and if so, then I will keep an eye out as to their position etc.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I like spa. Getting average lap times but consistent, and my pace in the corners sets me up for draft on the many straights. This is gonna be an awesome finale, no matter which way the tyre wear/compounds go.
    Kart-No-1 and DoogleDave like this.
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Its going to be a very interesting race.
    Had a run around the track last night with Blindman, Anon and a few others - was great fun.

Driving on RS with wear set to fast is quite a challenge as the car seems to be constantly changing with every lap (as the tyres wear out so quickly).
    We did a run with the wear set to normal and it was so much nicer. You could get into a bit of a groove for a few laps before each noticeable change - but I think the plan for Sunday's race is still to have the wear set to fast (so there will be plenty of activity in the pits).

Still got plenty of work to do before Sunday's race but I managed a couple of 2.07's but was mainly in the 2.08's (with wear set to fast).
    Hoping to chip away at that further before the final round but I think it will come down to what times people can do with worn tyres, not what FL's they can do with fresh rubber (as this only lasts 3-4 laps at best).
    smokinscotty and Ad2mny like this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys. Regs for the enduro this sunday.

LAPS WILL BE 41 (accounting for a few extra pit stops)
    WEAR : FAST
    QUAL: Must use RACE SOFT
    RACE: 1st stint MUST be race soft, then you must do AT LEAST 1 stint on the RACE MEDIUM during the race.

This means you can run the medium all the way to the end IF YOU WANT, or you might opt to run 3 stints on the soft tire and just 1 on the medium. ITS UP TO YOU so long as you run both compounds at some stage.

After testing, its clear that you can get between 7 - 10 laps from the soft tire, where as on the mediums you will run out of fuel before the tires die. (11 laps from a tank i reckon). Using the fast wear setting definitely brings more strategy into it, which is why we have decided to go this way.

IF you are a tire eater i would suggest using the Medium from after the first pit stop till the end of the race. This way you should be able to get through on 3 stops, if you use the soft tire more than once you "might" have to stop 4 times, but it would be a close thing given the 2-3 second lap time difference.

Any questions fire them at us.

Thanks for your support this season guys. Has definitely been a challenge with PD throwing changes at us, reasonable numbers, the loss of a good mate, a beast of a car and a tough track list. The mod team have done a great job keeping the ball rolling behind the scenes so thanks to them as well.

The next season should be a walk in the park, get your entries in !

Cheers
    MOD TEAM
    Kart-No-1 and Ad2mny like this.
  6. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    A big thank you to all the guys online tonight. The 10 lap race we had was the most fun i have had since joining rooz. To be mid pack of 13 after the first lap was unusual for me. It was great fun being last by the first corner then watching everyone spin off and crash into each other as I drove by. Then had some good dices with Gary and a few others over the distance. Also sorry to all the guys I took out in practice. I think MINT was sick of the sight of me, and he probably wasn't the only one.
    Once again thanks guys,hope we can do it again soon.
    MINT_GTR, stucar17 and Anon666 like this.
  7. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    No it was all in good fun, it was just coincidental that every time I got near you, you seemed to crash o_O.....I do have that effect on people though ;), just need to work out how to do that around warrior haha :cool:
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Peter Wise likes this.
  8. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I was on your bonnet for one of them moments, yeah gave me a chuckle.
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  9. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yer I'm sic of the sight of you just saying what every one else is thinking hahahahahaha
    Peter Wise, Kart-No-1 and Ad2mny like this.
  10. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well it's here expect big things from kart on Sunday night as he has his new G27 wheel so there will be no excuses or will there be .....?
  11. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yep I have nearly perfected the art of spinning out on purpose and making it look like a complete accident just to take out my competion. I thought I better test how good I was on a team mate first. Thanks again MINT, they don't stand a chance. ;)
    Blindman, emmo46 and MINT_GTR like this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You don't have to worry too much about me, I'm quite capable of taking myself out.;)
    Blindman likes this.
  13. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    That wont work emmo, were on the same team!!!
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Hey ad think that was the first time I have overtaken you in practice before, I think the magic number is 4 beers.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Thanks Ad, tried bonnet view and dropped 2 seconds a lap in 1 session today. Finally think I'm gettin the hang of this....or maybe it's the 25000 laps I did of Spa for the GT Academy.:D
    Ad2mny and Peter Wise like this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    If you are using a G27 or DFGT wheel & you've started using the X,O,square & triangle modes to change the rotation for different cars,i found it often changes modes between races,generally "To" the O mode(600degrees).To stop it you need to put it into Default or 900degree mode,then disconnect the power supply,turn the wheel and press a few buttons on the shifter to use up any residual current and leave for a couple of hours then reconnect and it'll be back to like original or just reset it quickly while waiting on the grid
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Never been able to get this to work on my DFGT. Just pauses the game and selects what ever X,O,^,S would
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    i think there is a thread somewhere about this, have never used it, but curious.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a quick one, Be aware that if you go into the pits too fast with the accelerator flat to the floor you may not get the option screen to change tires. There is a line across the road that you will need to coast across and the option box will be shown. Make sure you test it out in practice so you understand how to attack it.

Remember, Race soft tire in qual and first stint, you must run at least 1 stint on the medium tire after that.

Cheers Stu
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    POOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

Had my strategy down and all. Could do 11 laps on softs no problem, so it was just the mediums stint I was worried about. Had a stupid spin on the back straight in my first stint and had to wait forever for everyone to pass before I could get back on track. I used my mediums on my second stint and started to struggle from the 7th lap on them. I think it was kiwi catching up and I blinked on lap 8 and pitted. That stuffed it for me. Evil caught up to me near the end of my second last stint and I fought tooth and nail to hold on to second but he found a way through when I ran too hot into the right hander at start of back straight. By this stage I could barely sit still, needing a toilet stop real bad, and I dove in lap 30, chose to fully fuel and sprinted for the loo. When I came back to the rig I was just rolling around the last part of the pits, but by the time I got my hands and feet in position I had been coasting for about 3 seconds and I knew I wouldn't see evil again now. He pitted couple of laps later and sure enough he was a fair way ahead. I was hoping for a spin when I started doing some calculations and realised, like Tokyo, I was gonna come up a lap short on fuel. DAMMIT!!! Dek and kiwi passed as I pitted lap 39 and I dropped back to 5th. I put 20 litres in and started praying for a miracle. Dek ran out of fuel at the start of the back straight, gifting me 4th but kiwi had no such bad luck, and I had to settle for 4th.

Well done turbo, only saw you for the first few laps, was secretly hoping you'd have an early spin like before the restart (lol) but too good. Was hoping for a podium at least and was gutted I messed up my pit stops. No one to blame but me. Well done evil and kiwi.