Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Same here. It happened at the ISC race last week as well and I crashed at the first corner trying to change it. Did I learn from that?. No!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Mine view did the same ad. It definately didn't help my start.
    Blindman and Ad2mny like this.
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Mine did the same also - but I was expecting it as I'd seen it happen earlier, so as we took off from the line I changed gears and toggled through the views at the same time - before I got to turn 1 (and thankfully got to my view before I hit my braking marker) :)
    Blindman, Ad2mny and Peter Wise like this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    hmmmmm good old pd, fix one thing...
    SuiCid3 and DoogleDave like this.
  5. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    You are a :):):):) stirrrrrrer kart !
    Ad2mny and DoogleDave like this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    LOL :)
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Does it have anything to do with being in the pit lane when the counter for race start reaches 0? Cause it happened to me and I was in the pits. (which is cockpit view)
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No I was sitting on the track.
  9. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    So was I.
    I think its just another bug introduced in the latest update.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Happened to me too
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Same here, although managed to change it before the lights went out
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I didn't notice it, only cause I use cockpit view, LOL.

Anyone else notice that their button for rear view works on and off during a race? For the first 2 laps I couldn't look behind me, and then magically it started working again. Was happening all during the week too.
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I don't often use the rear view.
    During a race I'm usually too worried about what's coming up ahead/next to worry about what's going on behind.
    Peter Wise and Blindman like this.
  14. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    I've been hit and miss this season so far without getting a chance to run pracs but dave your speed and consistency has been impressive. Well done on a great season ..

Was I the only one who pitted 3 times? With no testing and running out of fuel at Daytona I was paranoid as hell. Soo surprised to then see that blindman only pitted once.
    Blindman likes this.
  15. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I'm a bit of an expert on rear view. Bit like driving while lookin over my shoulder. I managed to avoid needing it on the opening laps though but I did use it several times nearing the end of the race as Blindman and Dave blazed past me. I must admit it did feel good to unlap myself from my old mate Blindman when he was down to canvas. Interesting how the different stategies unfolded during the race, well done again to the podium.
    Blindman likes this.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Most of the time I use bumper view (which displays a rear vision mirror) so I can quickly see if there's anyone right behind me, but I try not to worry too much about what's going on behind - unless its important/relevant). Sometimes when I don't want the distraction I'll switch to bonnet view (which has no rear view at all).

The way I see it, if I keep all my concentration focused on my own driving then if others behind catch and pass me (regardless of my position in the field), then they are doing better than me and deserve it. Part of this racing game is about mental acuity. It can be easy to be out in front of someone and then continually worry about not letting them get past, to the point that you don't focus on your own driving enough and then make silly mistakes which eventuates in letting them past anyway.
    I try and worry about what I'm doing and let the other drivers do what they will. Last season I was too concerned about everyone else around me but this season I've paid more attention to my own driving/race and of course it has helped that I've managed to find more speed (but speed doesn't help completely if you keep making mistakes under pressure).

Still very much a work in progress but I feel I've turned a corner in my driving because of it :)
    Kart-No-1, emmo46 and Blindman like this.
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I always use bumper view for the rear view mirror. Its all good to race your own race and all, but if somebody comes diving in under brakes... I want to know about it, as turning across in front of them could see you in the fence rather than just letting them by!
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    t_b_williams likes this.
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    You mean "Bumper View"?? Bonnet doesn't have the mirror.
    I always used bumper view too, mainly for the mirror, but with the Macaa sitting so low, always had trouble seeing the upcoming corner so have switched to using bonnet view now.
    They way my races go now, I don't need the mirror, start the race near the front of the pack, pull a "Stumbles" and spin on lap 1 or 2 and then play catch-up for the rest of the race...lol
  19. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Me too, it's a pain when you ruin your race so early.