Division 1 Attendance idea

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys,

It has been a little disappointing with the div 1 attendance but the guys that entered were all keen and circumstance has either seen them not show, or not be able to get in to the room..

Nuggett told me before i went off line that he was keen to continue, but had a run of Sunday nights with stuff on.

Blkhat was keen but had some sort of issue that meant he had to take a bit of time off

Rotary ?? buggered if i know what happened there, is a friend of warrior and according to him was keen.

I think that asbqio and turbo both had network issues, and kyofu was keen but came in late and told me he was struggling to make the next few sunday nights.

Add to that the DSCs and the grid gets small very quickly, if only the network would hold 16 cars without issues, there would be some epic racing......

Put simply, it wont matter what we do, there is no way of guaranteeing attendance to keep the grids up.

The promotion system i think works well, but the main thing i would recommend is trying to stay in contact with guys that are in your division, if they have a week where they dont show for whatever reason jump in a room with them if you see them online and try to get them to show up !!

I think possibly too, some of the new guys come in for :):):):)s and giggles, but realize that while we have a good time, we do try to race pretty seriously and it may be a bit more intense than they thought.....

Just my 2 cents....... hopefully back sooner rather than later !!

Stu
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i think you've hit the nail right on the head there Stu, i was thinking something along the same lines.. :/
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Well the fact is there arent enough "ALIEN PACE" drivers around, Maybe 50-100 left playing GT5 (if that even). I guess its easy for the guys who cant really mix it with them consitenly to loose interest. I never did as I hosted and still enjoyed it but pretty much finished 7th or lower most rounds.

Really its a testiment to this league how many A+ drivershave passed through here. If there was a champions of champions raceonoz race it would be great viewing..... Koastr, Buea, GTP paulie, Taken 1186, Small fry, chevwah, Pagone41, Warrior, Jezza1, Aussie, Enforcer, Outtta,,, just to mention a few. Really these are the top Aus/NZ drivers going around (in the top 50 at least for sure) I'd put Mustafar and zamps up there to based on results this season. Any one who can take it to warrior is an Alien so Kudos.

Ive always considered myself a decent driver in an average lot, my GTOZ league (orginal name) has pretty much reflected that.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That would be quite a race tek. I am flattered to be included in that list of drivers tbh. There are some TRUE aliens in those ranks.

I can understand why Div 1 hasn't had the best attendance. I think Snake pretty much hit it on the head. There is USUALLY 1 or 2 truly dominant drivers per season, and 6-8 others who can't quite match the top pace. When you think you are fast but can't keep up with those 1 or 2 alien guys, it can get frustrating. Whether it be lack of practice because of time restraints, technical difficulties, or just straight up lack of talent, it all has the same result of lowering moral. I have experienced all 3 of those conditions at some stage and it can be difficult to carry on after getting a couple of :):):):) results.

No matter what results I got, there was always something that brought me back for the next round. I always felt disheartened after a bad result, but by the following day that feeling was replaced by the excitement of the chance to have another crack on Sunday.

I think some drivers just give up too easy, and don't push themselves to get better. It may sound like I'm being a bit arrogant, but how do you think those top guys got so good? They stuck with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.