Division 1 Attendance idea

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Division 1 seems to always be lacking attendance, and it seems a huge part of those not attending have't even attended a race yet,
    maybe starting from next year should try and fill those spots with the top Divison 2 guys with good attendance.

just a thought though, but it doesn't look good that the highest division struggles the most to get numbers.

Maybe find a league for new div 1 speed guys to go in instead or separate championship or something, i know its ironic coming from a new div1 member my self, but Its not really as enjoyable as it could be only having a handful of cars on the track, thoughts?
  2. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Good point mus, I've been thinking of something along those lines myself
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I think it comes down to the fact that most div 1'ers know they're quick, they want to win and when they don't, for whatever reason, they lose interest very quickly, also the fact that you usually have to find time for a good practice session or two atleast before you can compete with the top guys, makes it difficult for some, myself included (especially with the little one around now).

As for the guys who simply haven't turned up for a race yet, who know's, for the most part they're probably a lost cause...
  4. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I have no objection to you taking the quick guy's out of Div2 :p
  5. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

That means you too Joey! :p
  6. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Div 1 Used to have the best attendance for the first 3 seasons, it was like what div 2 is now..everyone was always there.

Div 2 has had the top attendance mantle for a long time now.
  7. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Move everyone up as far as we can so there's 3 divisions in my opinion. Leave another division for the left over guys you're talking about, a race with more cars is more interesting in my opinion :p
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Could go for a promotion relegation system but it would make all the other divisons tools for the highest division ruling out any championship battles in them.
  9. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    very true
  10. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    maybe have two divisions running together in there individual events in the same race very much like they used to do in barthurst race
  11. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    I half like that idea. Where have you been Col?
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    There will be too many people to go in each server for that to work.
  13. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    But if you only have 4-6 showing each week in two divisions it would make sense.
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I dont think there is much that can be done. On paper at the start of the season all divisions were equal, but no matter how much planning and hard work goes in, there will be guys who get distracted by shiny things iRacing or just not show up.
    If we start shuffling people mid season, then the ladder thread may as well get deleted. And Col - great idea, except that is WAY more than we can expect out of GT5's servers.

Ive been pretty lucky that the division I have found myself in has always had good attendance
  15. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I agree with Barra also, we get everyone signed up and sorted and there are always dropouts.

I think the divs 2,3,and 4 have had good attendance, and like the thread title says Div 1 is down on numbers, but also don't forget the top three from Div 2 will be in Div 1 next season, and so on.
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    sorry !!!! :) i couldn't help but try iracing and wow.., i;m not sure if i can go back to gt5 full time now :(
  17. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    the only reason i pulled was family preasure other wise i would still be racing sundays
    i thought i would just put that across
    and by the way what is the best lens cleaner for the ps3
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

im not too fussed tbh, in the toyota season in div2, there were a few races where we were down on numbers.
    keep the current system, has worked well for so long. i wouldnt consider it a problem yet.
    its not like we've had less than 5 (yet), then i would think it to be a problem. see how next season pans out in div1
  19. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Too late! he has been seduced by the darkside..
    I can relate as the same happened to me..left GT for ages...but it requires alot of time..and maybe a little to intense
  20. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Not sure mate i know Dick Smith's sell them... ( JUST MAKE SURE its the blue ray disc cleaner that works with PS3's )
    i have seen them here in the Hill, i think they sell them for about $15 - $20..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.